Start by marking “Fortis” as Want to Read:

(Nephilim's Savior #1)

Alternate cover edition of ASIN B07W4X9XXF

Who knew that Nephilims and Fallen Angels were real?

Life as I knew it was unbelievably normal. Until it wasn’t. I had been accepted to the college of my dreams— UCLA. And I’d even met the perfect boy. Not that I was the boy-crazy type... that was my sister. Something about him was different, the attraction was undeniable.

All it too
Published October 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Fortis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortis

Start your review of Fortis
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fortis was an amazing story that I couldn't stop reading once I got started until I devoured each & every page. There's a war beginning between the Nephilim & the Fallen Angels, with both sides wanting a powerful savior to choose them. A prophecy is out there, and it all surrounds a normal 18 year old girl named Gabby. Gabby is getting ready to go off to college at UCLA, when she meets the drop dead gorgeous, Alec. They seemingly have chemistry (and they do), but little does Gabby know, Alec is ...more
PanOrpheus PanOrpheus
This book starts out with the intriguing idea of Nephilim and Fallen Angels in Los Angeles! No more dorms and classes for our first person character, Gab, or Gabrielle. She’s about to be caught up with a mysterious boy and change. Her sister, Celeste has premonitions of omens, shifts in history. She goes into a trance and speaks. “War has begun!” The scene shifts to Gabrielle and Lilly in a mall. The back of Gabrielle’s neck is bothering her, a seemingly small thing. She accidentally bumps into ...more
Stela Bloom
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rita
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do love books about angels, nephilim and all these things and I was looking forward to read Fortis.
Overall, I did enjoy the book very much. It has all it takes: action, romance, some steamy scenes, and good characters. Yes, it does play a bit like the "standard" girl falls for boy who took her away from family stuff but in the end it turns out nicely and interesting.
Sometimes though I had the feeling that it was a bit rushed - especially when it came to Gabby and Alec. This felt a bit "too qui
Ga Books LoverX
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an interesting concept in the Nephilim Romance world in which it seems so much has been done for, doesn't matter, I am still a stickler for it and Fortis was a super interesting start to the series!

Gabby is a typical 18 year old that loves her sister more than anything in the world, though she is her polar opposite. This chick seems SO much older than 18 as being the more responsible one of the duo. She definitely was not ready to meet the super hot and magnetic Alec, but once she did it c
Breen
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“This beginning was all! I’ve always love stories about angels, Nephilims, fallen angels pretty much everything related honestly and this book was absolutely perfect! Such an incredible introduction to the series. The characters were splendid but I wished we would get to known them better but still they were brilliant. The background and the story were fascinating and intense, page after page the story kept getting better and better.

Gabby might seem like the typical 18 year old girl but she’s n
Carol Rupprecht
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a great start to a series! The characters were brilliant, and the story and background were captivating. I could hardly put the book down! I'm eager to see how the war between the Nephilim and the Fallen progresses and who all is involved. Will there be switchings between the different sides? Should be interesting! I can't wait for the next book so I can read more and see what happens with Gabby, Alec, Daemon, and Lilly.  ...more
Christine Woinich
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable story. At times I felt there was too much description, slowing down the story. The rest of the time, it was a wonderful journey. I did not want to stop reading till the end, and now I need to wait for the next book. Gabby and Alec were "electric" together and the scenes between them were hot. I felt they made a good team. Again, I enjoyed this story and recommend it.

I received a copy of this story through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Beyond The Covers Blog
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romaine
The author sends us on a magical adventure in modern times with prophecies dating back to Adam and Eve.

The war has begun between the Nephilims and the Fallen Angels. Both wanting the powerful Savior on their side. Light vs dark.

With Alec as Gabrielle's protector, Celeste's premonition has come true in the prophecy. Which side will Gabrielle chose since her sister has a dark aura?

And is Daemon the missing link?

I can't wait to read the next installment of this
Leanne Stuart
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked entering this captivating literary world between the nephilim and fallen and am excited to see where it leads in future books. I liked the characters I found them interesting and intriguing and can’t wait to see further character development. The book was a little different for this genre and I’m extremely glad that I chose to ARC this book.
Lorraine - Rainey Day Book Reviews
Title: Fortis: Nephilim's Savior Book One
Author: P.C. Benson
Reviewer: Lorraine Leatham - Rainey Day Book Reviews
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nice start to The series. I enjoyed the characters. I am curious to see how the war between the Nephilim and the Fallen progresses. I admit this is not my preferred genre but it did hold my attention. Kudos to this new to me author.
Natalie Alice
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recieved a review copy of this book and now leaving a voluntary review.

This book is different to others in its genre. I enjoyed it. Its got all the stuff needed in here so you wont be disappointed.

Recommend this book
Natalie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recieved a review copy of this book and now leaving a voluntary review.

Recommend this book
Romaine Heart
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
RH*See full review of Beyond the Covers blog here on Goodreads and check us out on Facebook
Bbwolfy
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book was so amazing to read
Jacqueline Chappell
This was an original take on the creation myth is and the role of angels, nephilim and humanity. The characters are interesting and the world building is good. I hope to see much more of that in the second book as well as deeper character development. The love story is angsts and ends on a cliffhanger. Recommend.
Mihaela
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
~ ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ~

A very interesting approach on Nephilim and Fallen Angels, an enjoyable read.
Gabby though, even if is a likable charachter, seemed to accept too easy some things and not question them at all. Some parts were too fast and needed more background explanation.

2 stars
Savanna Feyen
Oct 31, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Fortis

I read less than 50% and had to stop. Lots of grammar mistakes and changes between pretences from past to present. Some of which are even in the same sentence!
When reading this book it is obvious to me that the author is trying to sound more intelligent and older with their words. Melancholy is used a lot and it’s not something an eighteen year old would constantly use to describe their mood. Sometimes there is lots of detail and others it is glazed over with very little.
So far there hav
Nov 12, 2020
Sandi
Mar 27, 2020
Antje Carstens
rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2020
Michelle
Sep 02, 2020
Paranormal Romanc...: Fortis sale 1 6 Mar 24, 2020 08:52PM
Paranormal Romanc...: Adult paranormal romance 1 24 Nov 06, 2019 03:50PM

• The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Blessed (Academy of the Seraph, #1)
  • Dark Paradise (The Revelation Series #6)
  • Trust Fund (The Trust Fund Duet, #0.5)
  • Blindly Indicted (Paranormal Prison)
  • Wicked Court (Noblesse Oblige Duet, #1)
  • Dream Maker (Dream Team, #1)
  • Revolution (The Revelation, #4)
  • Shadow Cursed (Noblesse Oblige Duet, #2)
  • When He’s Dark  (The Olympus Pride #1)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • Legacy Academy: Year One (Legacy Academy, #1)
  • Marked by Darkness (The Dark Fae Trilogy, #2)
  • Restraint (The Revelation #2)
  • Revelation (The Revelation, #1)
  • Rich Prick
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • Winterly (Dark Creatures, #1)

News & Interviews

“I couldn't breathe with that much pain, it had a vise grip on my chest that made me want to tear my chest open to make it stop.
Gabby, Fortis.”