Start by marking “Jane Austen (Biography (a & E))” as Want to Read:
Jane Austen (Biography (a & E))

Jane Austen (Biography (a & E))

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Lerner Publications and the A&E Television Networks have teamed up to create Biography for young readers. With highly accessible text and engaging photographs, this engrossing collection offers in-depth profiles of some of the world's most interesting figures.
Published March 28th 2001 by Lerner Publications (first published March 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Jane Austen (Biography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane Austen (Biography

Delyna
Apr 16, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kim
Good book for kids to help clarify some facts about Jane Austen. Madison had watched an edited version of "Becoming Jane" and we wanted to check some facts and see how many liberties were taken with the movie.

What was nice about this biography is that they included excerpts from her books during the times that she wrote them. It was interesting to see how events in her life correlated to her writing.

Savannah
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favorite authors is Jane Austen. She has written Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Mansfield Park, and more.

I picked up this book to learn more about this magnifecient author and was pleased once I was finished with it. This particular biography was very well written for it was written in a great way that wasn't dull like many other biographies I have read before.
Staci
Dec 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jane Austen
Recommended to Staci by: on my middle school library shelf
I wanted to learn more about Jane and this biography was pretty good. I really liked the pictures and the writing sample that they featured. There is no way that I would've been able to write like that(I'm referring to her penmanship)...I can barely read it!! It is truly amazing to see how much her life resembled her stories in her books.
Robin
Oct 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A small yet very informative book on Jane Austen. I'm a fan so I thought I'd learn about her. What I liked most about this Biography was that it was short but told me all I wanted, interesting enough t want to continually read it. I'm glad I did.
Sharon
Aug 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Found this book very interesting and learned a few things about my favorite author. This book also led me to other authors that I'm looking forward to checking out.
Yiga
Dec 29, 2016
Marybeth
Jan 01, 2017
1 follower
Amy Ruth Allen's YA novel, "Stealing Away," was released in May 2016. She has written for young adults for more than twenty years and has published seven non-fiction books with Lerner Publishing. Her work has appeared in numerous magazines and newspapers nationwide. "Stealing Away" is her first YA novel. She currently lives and writes in Minneapolis with her husband, Leigh Allen.
More about Amy Ruth Allen