Start by marking “My Dinner with Hayden: A Heated Rivalry Short Story (Game Changers, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
My Dinner with Hayden: A Heated Rivalry Short Story (Game Changers, #2.5)

My Dinner with Hayden: A Heated Rivalry Short Story

(Game Changers #2.5)

"This story takes place slightly before the actual epilogue in Heated Rivalry. So it’s an…epilogue prologue? It takes place almost sixteen months after the last chapter of Heated Rivalry, and about three weeks before the epilogue."
-Rachel Reid
Published October 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about My Dinner with Hayden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Dinner with Hayden

Start your review of My Dinner with Hayden: A Heated Rivalry Short Story (Game Changers, #2.5)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Reading about Ilya and Shane makes me want to weep with joy.
Ky
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A funny short story taking place a few weeks before the epilogue of Heated Rivalry.

Shane and Ilya were amazing as always of course!

I'm glad the author is writing more scenes about those two. You can find quite a few extras on her site if you don't feel like leaving this couple yet.
Snjez
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. It's perfect. Ilya and Shane are perfect. ...more
Erth
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
-Rachel Reid
Moony Eliver
Loved it! I'll never tire of reading Ilya and Shane. More. Gimme.
Joshita ❤
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This just wasn't enough!!!
It wasn't perfect but I will let that go because we are getting a sequel baby!!!!
Elena
Ilya and Shane being Ilya and Shane. What more can you ask for?
W.
This vignette is in depth glimpse and awesome little treat in the lives of Shane and Ilya .

Story is FREE and can be found @Rachel Reid blog.
Cadiva
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gaaaah too cute!
Lily
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so funny, cute, and sexy. I loved it to death. A must read for any Rachel Reid fan.
Mariah
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would give my firstborn (which I never plan on having) for a Shane & Ilya book 2 but this would do me.
Alisa
I didn't like the book about this couple and then I put the author on my "nope" list after she mocked my review (and some reviews by some other people) on her Twitter. She's still on my "nope" list but it's almost the end of year and I was way off my GR goal and I Really needed a bunch of Free short stories. And obviously my moral outrage only goes so far. :)

Anyways.....this was really good. This was what I wanted in the actual book. This was filled with emotions and the connection between thes
Rachel Emily
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shane and Ilya have to be one of my all-time favorite couples. Seriously, could read about these two NONSTOP.

I LOVE that the author is writing all these little sneak peaks into life of this couple. Can't wait to start on the next book in the series!
Zizie
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This “prologue epilogue” is pure perfection!! I just met Shane and Ilya in Heated Rivalry just yesterday but they have propelled themselves onto my list of fav MM couples. I refused to say goodbye to them and strongly believe that they will pop in for visits in subsequent books in the series.
Lisazj1
I am a melted puddle of swoon. *sigh* Perfect. <3
Silvia
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow love is real
Kerish |  Wesmie's purple skittle.
Rereading the whole thing now and my heart is happy. Ilya and Shane are in my top 5 favoritest couples and I always love reading about them. This was a bit frustrating (thanks to Hayden and maybe to Ilya too) but also very sweet and funny. Same as "Halloween with Ilya" - I mean Ilya with the best costume ever plus kids. 😍 Need more of them!! ...more
Jill
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Paige Nicole
Absolutely perfect. I can see why they went with the press conference epilogue for the book, but I might actually like this better. The bickering and the sex. The emotional intimacy, talking about the future and coming about. I loved that it was from Ilya point of view, and his thinking back about when they were first together.

Loved it. Can’t wait for the full-length sequel.
Pam
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Ilya too much :) This makes me want a re-read for these guys, and it's barely been a month! ...more
•PerSefone•
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this couple. 🖤
Plus, Ilya and Hayden are hilarious !
If you loved Heated Rivalry and you want more here’s the link:
luluandherbooks
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute story! I’m super excited to have had a little more of Shane and Ilya. It was also really nice to get Ilyas thoughts about their first encounters! I can’t wait for book 2 of heated rivalry. I’m super excited and honestly can’t wait.
michaela ⚘
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2019
this made me miss shane and Ilya so much more
CrabbyPatty
Wow. This short ficlet featuring Shane and Ilya (prior to the epilogue in their book) is soo damn hot and so sweet. It's a perfect little story with insight into just why these two have been together for the past 10 years. 5 stars.

Visit my blog, Sinfully Good Gay Book Reviews
Maura
Wendy Laumone
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Hayden/Ilya animosity is hilarious. So sweet to see Ilya and Shane in this domestic scene able to be affectionate and real about their feelings, finally. And wow, Shane is really serious about how much he loves Ilya.
Lavorchid
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awww I want more! More!! Poor Jackie though. I like their kids' names, Jade, Ruby and Amber? Hahahaha ...more
YOYO
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
CAN'T HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM TOGETHER! MORE PLZ!! ...more
amanda
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shane and Ilya content is always wonderful
« previous 1 3 next »

• Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
  • Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey #3)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey, #1)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Roommate
  • Try Me (Extracurricular Activities #2)
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • Home Plate (Easton U Pirates, #2)
  • Save of the Game (Scoring Chances, #2)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1)
  • Double Shifting (Boston Otters #1)
  • Breakaway (Scoring Chances, #1)
  • Power Play (Scoring Chances, #3)
  • Empty Net (Scoring Chances, #4)
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Baby Goats! (Four Bears Construction, #2.5)
  • Spotlight (Famous #2)
Rachel Reid is the pen name of Rachelle Goguen. She chose it because it is much easier to say, spell and remember than Rachelle Goguen!

Rachel writes cute, romantic smut, mostly about hockey players. Her Game Changers m/m hockey romance series is available from Carina Press.

Rachel/Rachelle lives in Nova Scotia, Canada. She has always lived there, and it's looking like she probably always will. She

Game Changers (6 books)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Common Goal (Game Changers, #4)
  • Role Model (Game Changers, #5)
  • The Long Game (Game Changers, #6)