Start by marking “My Dinner with Hayden: A Heated Rivalry Short Story (Game Changers 2.5)” as Want to Read:
My Dinner with Hayden: A Heated Rivalry Short Story (Game Changers 2.5)

My Dinner with Hayden: A Heated Rivalry Short Story

(Game Changers #2.5)

"This story takes place slightly before the actual epilogue in Heated Rivalry. So it’s an…epilogue prologue? It takes place almost sixteen months after the last chapter of Heated Rivalry, and about three weeks before the epilogue."
-Rachel Reid
ebook
Published October 2019

To ask other readers questions about My Dinner with Hayden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Dinner with Hayden

Start your review of My Dinner with Hayden: A Heated Rivalry Short Story (Game Changers 2.5)
Ky
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A funny short story taking place a few weeks before the epilogue of Heated Rivalry.

Shane and Ilya were amazing as always of course!

I'm glad the author is writing more scenes about those two. You can find quite a few extras on her site if you don't feel like leaving this couple yet.
Snjez
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. It's perfect. Ilya and Shane are perfect.
Moony Eliver
Loved it! I'll never tire of reading Ilya and Shane. More. Gimme.
Lily
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance, short, sports
This was so funny, cute, and sexy. I loved it to death. A must read for any Rachel Reid fan.
W.
This vignette is in depth glimpse and awesome little treat in the lives of Shane and Ilya .

Story is FREE and can be found @Rachel Reid blog.
Mariah
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would give my firstborn (which I never plan on having) for a Shane & Ilya book 2 but this would do me.
Alisa
I didn't like the book about this couple and then I put the author on my "nope" list after she mocked my review (and some reviews by some other people) on her Twitter. She's still on my "nope" list but it's almost the end of year and I was way off my GR goal and I Really needed a bunch of Free short stories. And obviously my moral outrage only goes so far. :)

Anyways.....this was really good. This was what I wanted in the actual book. This was filled with emotions and the connection between
Rachel Emily
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shane and Ilya have to be one of my all-time favorite couples. Seriously, could read about these two NONSTOP.

I LOVE that the author is writing all these little sneak peaks into life of this couple. Can't wait to start on the next book in the series!
Zizie
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This “prologue epilogue” is pure perfection!! I just met Shane and Ilya in Heated Rivalry just yesterday but they have propelled themselves onto my list of fav MM couples. I refused to say goodbye to them and strongly believe that they will pop in for visits in subsequent books in the series.
Kerish [PurpleSkittle | ThePoppedCherry ]
Rereading the whole thing now and my heart is happy. Ilya and Shane are in my top 5 favoritest couples and I always love reading about them. This was a bit frustrating (thanks to Hayden and maybe to Ilya too) but also very sweet and funny. Same as "Halloween with Ilya" - I mean Ilya with the best costume ever plus kids. Need more of them!! ...more
Jill
Me podría pasar siglos leyendo sobre estos 2
michaela ⚘
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, m-m
this made me miss shane and Ilya so much more
Pam
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Ilya too much :) This makes me want a re-read for these guys, and it's barely been a month!
CrabbyPatty
Wow. This short ficlet featuring Shane and Ilya (prior to the epilogue in their book) is soo damn hot and so sweet. It's a perfect little story with insight into just why these two have been together for the past 10 years. 5 stars.

Visit my blog, Sinfully Good Gay Book Reviews
Dawn
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely perfect, of course. Well, ok, Ilya was really a bit too dickish to Hayden IMO--I get their animosity but he should've lightened up for Shane's sake. But I forgive him :) All said, a total treat to get more time with Ilya and Shane.
YOYO
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
CAN'T HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM TOGETHER! MORE PLZ!!
✧ silver grace ✧
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for the ilyashane content i didn't know i needed.
Ntokozo M
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

I love these guys so much! Their happiness fills me with all the good feels!
Lavorchid
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awww I want more! More!! Poor Jackie though. I like their kids' names, Jade, Ruby and Amber? Hahahaha
Jan
I smiled ear to ear from the first word to the last reading this.

Perfect bonus story :D
blue night
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heart eyes
Pjm12
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gearing up to read Tough Guy.

Sweet and hot.
Daniela
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I read in Rachel Reid's blog that the fourth book in the series would be a sequel to Ilya's and Shane story and I CAN'T be more exciteeedd omggggg. I can't wait. I loved them so much
amanda
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shane and Ilya content is always wonderful
coriolis
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would read a hundred short stories where the only thing that happens is Ilya Rozanov roasts everyone around him in the (probably terrible) Russian accent I read his voice in.
Gwendalyn
Feb 17, 2020
Kathrin
Nov 28, 2019
Natalie Johnston
Jan 14, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • The Christmas Deal
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Rago
  • Changing the Rules (Crashing, #3)
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds, #8)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Straight as a Wheel: Smoke Valley MC (Sex & Mayhem, #11)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
Rachel Reid is the pen name of Rachelle Goguen. She chose it because it is much easier to say, spell and remember than Rachelle Goguen!

Rachel writes cute, romantic smut, mostly about hockey players.

Rachelle co-hosts a comic book podcast called Living Between Wednesdays.

Rachel/Rachelle lives in Nova Scotia, Canada. She has always lived there, and it's looking like she probably always will. She has

Game Changers (3 books)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)