Start by marking “Jesse and the Ice Princess” as Want to Read:

Jesse and the Ice Princess

Rule #1 of the Gulf City High hockey team: Don’t date the coach's daughter.
Not like Charlotte Morrison would ever speak to Jesse Carrigan, let alone date him.
The coach's only daughter was a robot. At least, that’s what they called her. Robot, Ice Princess… it all meant the same thing: she wouldn’t lose sight of her figure skating goals no matter what it cost.
Even if her
Published January 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Jesse and the Ice Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesse and the Ice Princess

Start your review of Jesse and the Ice Princess
Rach
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Jesse and Charlotte haven’t always seen eye to eye. Charlotte name is ice princess as she comes across as cold whereas Jesse is popular.

Jesse and Charlotte start to become friends as Charlotte helps the team which hockey but they both start develop feelings for each other and problems ensure from their. Jesse and Charlotte also both have different type of problems in their home lives.

This is sweet YA book which is first in the series and the next book is Roman Jesse’s friend and I am hoping he
Candyce Kirk
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Jesse and the Ice Princess was just the story I needed! This book was a fast and fun read for me and I couldn't put it down. I'm a fan of sports romances and it was nice to get a YA one! It was fun seeing figure skating and hockey in one book.

Charlotte has been skating since she can remember and she's good at it. So good in fact, that her mother has given up her job to train her. This takes a lot of Charlotte's time and causes many fellow students to see her as an ice princess. All she
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
*I received an ARC from the author. This does not affect my review.*

She does it again! Once again Michelle MacQueen has left me questioning my avoidance of YA Contemporaries! Only a few authors have succeed to entice me to return for more in this genre, and this is of the those books that I quickly found myself enjoying, and soon realized I couldn't put it down!

My normal thoughts on romance (and horror movies) is that withing the first 30 minutes, or 1-2 chapters, you pretty much know who gets
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jesse and the Ice Princess by Michelle MacQueen is an YA sports romance and I really liked it. The story was very well written and I really loved it and the characters.
Elysian Fields
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Jessie and the Ice Princess is everything you think it's going to be. Its a heart warming tale of young love, growing up, taking care of your family, and learning your place in life; all with humor and sass.

I really enjoyed this story as it was both simple but refreshing. The characters are stong and well rounded. I loved that any issues that were brought up were talked about rather then ignored to create problems later. Each of the main characters, Jessie and Charlie, had very different yet
Lissa Hawley
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Light and swoony adorableness. Sweet hockey romance with a touch of Mighty Ducks and a Drop of the Cutting Edge all wrapped up in one irresistible package. Perfect for a wintery day read.

Recommended.
LMR
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to LMR by: Michelle MacQueen & Booksprout!
Jesse and the Ice Princess (Gulf City High Book 1) by Michelle MacQueen Jesse and the Ice Princess (Gulf City High Book 1) By: Michelle MacQueen
"Jesse and the Ice Princess" Are Going Change It Up...
She's labeled Ice Princess, As Her Schedule keeps Her Isolated & Alone~
That's the PRICE She's paying for Work'n to be the BEST!
Jesse is labeled King, As He's the Hockey Captain & popular with EveryOne~
But that's NOT what His Real life is Actually like!
"Jesse and the Ice Princess" are wearing Masks...
And only a handful of people get to see the TRUE Side of "
Lillian
I received an advanced copy of this book from the author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

Jesse and the Ice Princess
by Michelle MacQueen is the first book in her new series Gulf City High, and it is a delightful read! I read it in one sitting, not wanting to miss a minute of Jesse and Charlotte’s story.

Charlotte Morrison is the hockey coach’s daughter and a competitive figure skater. She doesn’t have time for friends or fun. Her determination and
Emily Pennington
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Charlotte Morrison is a competitive figure skater who works hard to be the best she can be. She is the daughter of the high school hockey coach. Because she devotes so much time to practice and routine, she doesn’t have much time for a social life and people think she is “cold” and unfriendly.

Jesse Carrigan is the captain of the hockey team and very popular. But his life at home is not easy. He is pretty much the father figure to his siblings since his mom died and his dad devoted himself to
Lindsy
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story definitely didn’t disappoint. It was emotional, deep, and relatable.
Charlotte is training hard to be a figure skater. Her mom is her coach while he dad trains the high school hockey team. I liked the sports aspect of this one since it’s about skating and teamwork. Charlotte is considered the ice princess in high school and doesn’t really have a lot of friends. She had a routine and sticks to it. I’m glad she came out of her shell and made more friends. Plus she stood up to her
Kayla Pocernich
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. It is about Jesse King Carrigan who is a a hockey player and Charlotte Morrison who is a figure skater. Charlotte is also known as the Ice Princess by her classmates and her only friend is Hadley. Jesse is a cocky hockey player and he knows it and he is likes Charlotte but there is prob that she is his coaches daughter and that she is off limits. Jess and Charlotte get in trouble by talking in class and Jess states that she will be help them at there next hockey ...more
KL Cassanello
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If I'd paid a little more attention to this book, I never would have chosen it - I just don't do YA. That would be a shame, though, because I would have missed a very nice story. Jesse plays hockey, and the team is really horrible. They get out and give it their all every game, but their all just isn't enough. Charlotte is a figures skater, and that's all she does, other than go to school. Her father, former NHL player, coaches the hockey team, and her mother, former champion figure skater, ...more
Brittany Smith
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A perfect winter read!

Charlotte is a fantastic figure skater but with a true passion for hockey. Jessie is a hockey player playing for a losing team and all he wants is one win. After some comedic antics Jessie and Charlotte come together. As things heat up on the ice will sparks fly off the ice as well?

This was such a fun read that I couldn’t put down! Very sweet and easy to read and the characters are relatable and swoon worthy! I truly enjoy reading everything from Michelle and this doesn’t
Nate Hensley
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michelle McQueen knows how to create worlds and characters that you just can’t help but fall in love with. She definitely knows how to create beautiful stories that give you the feels. One minute you may be laughing and then the next crying. This book is no different in the quality of story telling that I have come to love from Michelle. This book is about love and hope and doing anything you put your mind to and breaking social norms and gender barriers. Any sport can be played by boys and ...more
Tina Layner
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jesse is the captain of The Gulf City high school hockey team. He is the best player on the team but they still have not won one game this year.
Charlotte aka Charlie is a champion figure skater. She wins 99 percent of her competitions. She has been skating all her life and her most important competition is coming up soon. Her mother is her coach and her father is the hockey coach.
In order for the school to win at least one game before Jesse graduates, he has to get Charlie on his team.
Will he
Keisha
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed every book I've read by Michelle MacQueen. Jesse and the Ice Princess has just been added to that list.

The characters are real, relateable and refreshing. I enjoyed the dual pov that allowed me to understand what was going on with Jesse and Charlotte. The writing flowed well and allowed me to lose myself in the story. The story is a sweet one that reveals that there is more to people than what you see. I also enjoyed the other messages, and I look forward to the rest of the
MeaQC
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.
This was the first non fairy tale book I have read of Ms. Macqueen's. I absolutely loved it and couldn't out it down.
I loved the story line Ms. Macqueen developed. It reminded me some of my time in high school. The different clicks and the sporys. I felt like I really knew the characters and fell in love with Jessie and Charlotte.
I liked how Ms. Macqueen tackled so many different challenges that kids truly do go through each day.
Rebecca Burgamy
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book, and I'm definitely going to check out other works by this author. I'm a really big hockey fan so when I saw a contemporary book involving hockey my first thought was "I wanna read that!". I really loved seeing the relationship between Jesse and his sister, Cassie. I also enjoyed how this book didn't follow the trope a that some of these types of books do where the girl is merely an accesory or checkpoint along the way, but it showed Charlotte as a strong female ...more
Jessica Landberg
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hockey, sweet characters and young love - what's not to like?! Sure, you know how it's going to end, but it's how they get there that's interesting! I love getting to know the characters, to see what's beneath the surface, and to watch them grow.

Occasionally I watch figure skating, but I'm a big hockey fan. I'm not used to reading about hockey (in Sweden books about soccer is much more common than hockey, unfortunatly), so I'm very grateful to have received this ARC from the author and I'm
Georgia
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy for an honest review. I adore this writing duo. They write stories that capture your heart and make you fall in love with the characters. Jesse and Charlie were totally adorable. Each with monikers that were based on perceived notions by others, they got to know the real versions of each other. And may I say, they are perfect for each other. Charlie may have been called “ice princess” because of her cold demeanor but she’s been graduated to ice queen because she slays on ...more
NanaShauna Joesten
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a Fantastic read. A love how this book starts out so it gives yoy a idea of what some of the characters are going through. There are so many different life choices out there, but I love how the Author captures the story and brings it to fruition. I love how different Authors and there creations never cease to Amaze me and this is truely one of those. This is a real page turner that I could not put down until finished it. Its definitely more than a 5 star read.
Shauna Joesten
Kimberly Readnour
It's been a little while since I read a YA book but considering the author, I knew I'd love it. Michelle MacQueen never disappoints, and she delivered with this one. Jesse and the Ice Princess is one of the sweetest romances I've read. Their chemistry sizzled on the pages, and you couldn't help but root for them. If you want a feel-good read, pick this up. Personally, I can't wait to read the next installment.
Sareena
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Michelles's contemporary YA romances are always so swoon worthy. Jesse and Charlotte were so cute together! Watching Charlotte grow throughout the book will have you cheering her on and Jesse's big gesture had me grinning like a lunatic. Overall, it was a super cute YA sports romance and I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Christy Hancock
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is not the first book I've read by this author and it certainly will not be the last. Her books tend to reach right into your chest and pull on your heartstrings and this one was no different. The characters were amazing! I fell in love with Jesse and Charlie and Roman was a favorite also. This was such a sweet romance with a few life lessons thrown in. Great Book for readers of all ages. Highly recommend!
Angelina Singer
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the twists and turns in this plot, as well as the dramatic tension and character development as shown by Charlie's parents. And of course, Jesse was lovely. This love story felt real and delightfully honest. Read this book for all the sugary-sweet teenage crush romance your younger self craves - it does not disappoint!
Belinda
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a stor that i could not put down from start to finish. It had a realism to the story line that got you hooked onto the main characters Charlie and Jesse... I look forward to reading the next book and finding out more about Roman, although i don't know how he will compare to the sweetness of Jesse.
Nina Derr
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can't help but love the work of Michelle MacQueen. This work of art just shows that you shouldn't have to pick between two passions in your life. Don't be afraid to be yourself and let people in. If you've read some of Ms. MacQueen's other series then you'll notice a few hidden jems.
Melissa
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booksprout
A YA story about growing up, gender biases, finding your place in life, school, family dynamics, and love.
MacQueen truly has a gift for writing as her stories are relatable, poignant, and refreshing.

Genni Piatt
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was literally one of the cutest books and I loved it so much. I'm always a fan of Michelle's books but this one made me feel so good reading the ending. Charlotte and Jesse are such great characters. I can't wait to read Roman's story next!
Sara
Great story!

I loved this book!! It was such a cute story, with very likeable characters. Jesse and Charlotte both have stressful family lives and they bond over a mutual love of skating. I was drawn in from the beginning and was not disappointed. Can't wait to read the rest of the series :-)

• Dating Texas (Discovering Me, #3)
  • Dating Washington (Discovering Me, #2)
  • Dating Nashville (Discovering Me, #1)
  • Girl at Heart
  • The Elements of the Crown (The Elements of Kamdaria)
  • The Fae & The Fallen (Gifted Fae Academy #1)
  • Dragon Rising
  • Accidental Shield
  • The Queen of Cursed Things (Serpents and Kings, #1)
  • Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #1)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Squad Goals: Promised by Prom
  • Fae Hunter
  • The Bridesmaid & Her Surprise Love (Wedding Games, #3)
  • Next To Me
  • Supernatural Academy: Year One (Supernatural Academy, #1)
  • Letting Go This Christmas
Writing under the names M. Lynn and Michelle MacQueen, I don't like to put myself in one box. Both fantasy and YA romance suit different sides of the same person and I wouldn't be a complete writer without them both.
Whether it be epic fairytale inspired fantasies or simple stories of first love, I love to write about romance, a feeling of home that can be found in a person rather than a place.
My