Start by marking “A World Torn Down: A Novel of Survival After the Apocalypse” as Want to Read:
A World Torn Down: A Novel of Survival After the Apocalypse

A World Torn Down: A Novel of Survival After the Apocalypse

An extinction-level plague is only the beginning.

Cassie Morgan watched the world die from the comfort of her penthouse suite. She never expected her life of privilege to come to an end but, with all food gone, she has to face the survivors in the city alone.

Sometimes, when the SHTF, you have to kick off your strappy sandals, let your fake tan fade, your Brazilian grow
Published November 19th 2019 by Fruits of All Hallows

To ask other readers questions about A World Torn Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A World Torn Down

Start your review of A World Torn Down: A Novel of Survival After the Apocalypse
Rebbekka-Mae Swan
Feb 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
Do NOT READ

I wasted precious hours reading this in the vain hope that it would get better, sadly it got worse and worse so ok the 'bad' guys got their comeuppance it was still a very painful read I,m kicking myself for not putting this down sooner.
Jessica Bronder
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A man made bug was released that caused a plague to decimate the world. The story starts with trophy wife Cassie Morgan and soldier Rick Carter trying to get to his friends house. They meet people, both good and bad, children that they protect, and situations that are tough to get through.

I really enjoyed this series. I like a good post apocalyptic story and I quickly fell into this one. Cassie doesn’t seem like one that will survive but she definitely surprised me. Rick was a typical soldier b
Doc Fried
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series!
It gives you the best and the worst of mankind after cataclysmic events occur, changing our future path. As the survivors struggle with life and death situations in a daily basis, the author takes the reader through the entire range of human behaviour and emotions. Some rise above, and some of her characters hit the bottom.
The stories are realistic (in light of an apocalyptic event), and both frightening and heartening at the same time.
The continuing thread through the ent
Mrs Clarereadstoomuch
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

Plague kills most of the population and this story follows different survivors whose life’s twist and intwine with each other.

Great character building. All the characters have their own strong elements about them whether bad or good.

This is very well written, I honestly found it hard to put down.

The story spreads over 3 years which is really interesting as it sets out how the communities have survived.

Only one query - how come the women haven’t ended up pregnant. Such as Monica and
Susan
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review

Somehow the only person smart enough to have a weapon is an evil psychotic woman. Even the soldier, Rick, doesn’t look for ways to make a weapon once his gun is out of bullets. He is rather a weak character. Only the women in this book have any backbone. The ending was satisfying in that the survivors carry on. Strangely enough petrol still has a spark after 3 years. Maybe it was too much work for the author to think of alternative transportation.
Twilla Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog
Sharon
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading this author and she has written a fast-paced page-turner. The plot is a good one and it’s well written. The characters have depth and some great dialogue. If this is your genre of books to read then grab this one, you shall not be disappointed!

Irene Sedillo
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

Good entertaining story featuring strong female characters including one memorable villianess. The characters are woven into the story and have you cheering for or against them throughout. Story has a good start, middle, and ending. Was a fun read all the way through.
Kimberly
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Decent story

I’ve read many better though. It’s in England so many of the words/phrases are unfamiliar. Some of the storylines are improbable as well. For instance...fighting over gas/petrol that is 3 years old. Without stabilizing gas won’t last even half that long. The characters are interesting and a few grabbed my attention enough for me to finish reading the series.
Patricia
Nov 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
I hate to leave this review because the plot of this book looked so good.. but..

This book has so many errors. It screams 'need an editor'. The errors are big ones too like, 'the bacteria make contact with her skin' and 'his eyes are bleared'. I am not super strict on grammar but this book just had too many problems. DNF'd it. :(
Deborah
Jan 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Junk not worth reading

This author started out with a decent storyline & positive characters, but decayed into nothing but insane ugliness with no functional storyline. This is a horror writer's bad attempt at real storytelling, whose moral characters nosedive into amorality with no rhyme or reason. Don't waste your money.
Heather Bane
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was really good. I was pulled in from the very beginning and kept interested throughout. I found it very well written and hard to put down. I recommend reading.

debra k howell
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some fights were repetitive but a decent book. Don’t like dropping sex into the mix

Some fights were repetitive had and there was too much sex talk. This is a

ratty sort of survivor tale with most of the characters unaware of science and the characters were almost useless.

Libby
Jan 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Pretty much hated every character and was glad when most were killed off ...
melissa wright
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok

So many people to keep track of, not a great end , as needs more ! .. Needs more explanations
shirley j kidd
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A world torn down

I enjoyed this book. It had 6 books in one. You get into the people almost like they were real. Good book
Thomas
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. 5 stars

It was gripping and fast paced I couldn't put it down once I started. I loved it thank you so much
Peggy Pancherz
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Read all of the books in order to really enjoy. Storyline continues to grow and develop. Characters are realistic and get better and better.
lucy keenan
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Better

Better than average post apocalyptic fiction. Well edited. Set in England. It explores the impact of societal devastation and grief on different characters.
Tina Langford
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
World that is no more

WOW author Rebecca Fernfield, what a story. If you don't do anything else in 2020 let it be reading this while series.
Robin
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Humans prove to be far more terrifying than the walking dead.
HOLLY
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
It was fine, different I liked the characters.
Louise Child
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not brilliant

I had hoped that there was more to this than sex , abuse and all kinds of fighting factions .There were not many characters to like .
Terry Ffoulkes
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• It Hit The Fan: Piney River Apocalypse
  • The Lucky Prepper: A Gardener's Story of Surviving a Pandemic
  • What We Become
  • Broken Lines: EMP Survival (EMP Survival in a Powerless World- Series Book 1)
  • Shut In (Isolation #1)
  • Rise (Rise #1)
  • Storm's Fury (Storm's Fury #1)
  • Edge of Collapse (Edge of Collapse #1)
  • Dark End (Supernova EMP #1)
  • Fallen World (Surviving the End #2)
  • Day of Reckoning: Surviving the Solar Storm, Book One
  • As Our World Falls (Cyber Apocalypse #2)
  • Minus America (Minus America #1)
  • Wind Shear (Storm's Fury #2)
  • New World (Surviving the End #3)
  • Crumbling World (Surviving the End #1)
  • As Our World Burns (Cyber Apocalypse #3)
  • Outbreak (Surviving the Virus #1)

News & Interviews