Start by marking “With This Ring (Sierra Jensen, #6)” as Want to Read:
With This Ring (Sierra Jensen, #6)

With This Ring

(Sierra Jensen #6)

From the bestselling author of The Christy Miller Series, this series centers around Christy Miller's friend Sierra Jensen. Sierra is a spunky and bold sixteen-year-old with big dreams and unconventional clothes. Today's teens can truly relate to what is going on in Sierra's life -- whether it's friendships, dating, or learning to trust in God. Sierra shows readers how to ...more
Published May 1st 1998 by Bethany House Publishers (first published May 1997)

To ask other readers questions about With This Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With This Ring

Carmen
Aug 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Sierra goes on a fancy date with her father, wearing a short skirt and a corsage he's given her. On the date, he gives her a golden purity ring. She doesn't like gold jewelry, she only wears silver. It's inscribed with 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. It means she will keep herself pure until she's no longer her father's property, but the property of her husband.

Sierra says:

"It just says that my body is a gift and that God gets to decide who to give the gift to, not me. And the best presents are the ones
Jerry
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Yet another great Sierra Jensen novel, this one focused on wedding mania. There's not much to say about the series itself, other than what I've already said, so...if you liked the previous Sierra Jensen books, check this one out.
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has to be my favorite out of the first 6 books. This book wasn't centered around romance like the others are. Well, I take that back, partially about a wedding but it is centered around purity. I really like it when I see a book like that.
Kennedy
Nov 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015, young-adult, library
I am discarding this from my library's collection due to low circ numbers. I read the back and thought it would be ... enlightening... to read.

The only character I enjoyed was Rick. "You think they're all here to see Doug's lips lose their virginity?" It was worth reading the rest of this crap for the laugh I got from that.

Some more fun parts:

Comparing a "pure" person to a neatly wrapped present, while someone who isn't pure is a present wehre "the paper is torn or the bow is squished or the
Diana
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010, 2017
Growing up this was one of my favorites because of the glimpse into Christy, Todd, Katie, Tracy, and Doug. Now that there are so many series that follow this one, those characters don't seem as necessary to Sierra's story. BUT, also so fun to read about Doug and Tracy's wedding and all that happened with the Forever Friends around that. But I also think Christy and Todd had to backtrack in their relationship a little from this book so there would be content for the College Years and onward.
Jun 12, 2008 rated it liked it
I liked this book, the atmosphere was pretty nice and the interaction between all the characters was often amusing and endearing. I'd recommend to teens who had enjoyed the Christy Miller series.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2008...
Natalie Mishne
Good emphasis on True Love Waits..
Jean
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
Christian series geared toward young adults. Had some very good tie in with life experiences with some great bible passages. I'd recommend my pre-teen or teen to read this.
Jane Friddell
May 30, 2012
Angie
Jun 04, 2012
  • Love Rules
  • On My Own (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #4)
  • Without a Trace (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #5)
  • Surrendered Heart (Payton Skky, #5)
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
ROBIN JONES GUNN is the much loved author of over 90 books with more than 5 million copies of her titles sold worldwide. Her Father Christmas books are a Hallmark Original movie. Her popular Christy Miller series now continues in Christy & Todd: The Married Years. Robin's novels and non-fiction works have received multiple awards and are a favorite with book clubs and study groups. Robin and h ...more

Sierra Jensen (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Only You, Sierra (Sierra Jensen, #1)
  • In Your Dreams (Sierra Jensen, #2)
  • Don't You Wish (Sierra Jensen, #3)
  • Close Your Eyes (Sierra Jensen, #4)
  • Without a Doubt (Sierra Jensen, #5)
  • Open Your Heart (Sierra Jensen, #7)
  • Time Will Tell (Sierra Jensen, #8)
  • Now Picture This (Sierra Jensen, #9)
  • Hold on Tight (Sierra Jensen, #10)
  • Closer Than Ever (Sierra Jensen, #11)
“If there's one thing I've learned, it's that God is a very creative author, and He writes a different story for every person. No two lives or stories alike.” 17 likes
“Think about it. These guys have far more reasons to pull a prank on Doug than they do me. I kind of wished we had changed clothes, though.'
'There wasn't time,' Katie said. 'Your true love is in desperate need of your assistance. How can you think of changing into the appropriate attire for a rescue?”
11 likes