Start by marking “Jaded by Love” as Want to Read:
Jaded by Love

Jaded by Love

(Seaside Love #1)

A broken heart can only be healed by opening it up to love again...

Virgo and dedicated single dad, Conner Bennett is all work and no play. The handsome construction worker has his hands full with soccer games and sleepovers. And not the grown up kind...too bad because the sexy single mother of his daughter’s new best-friend checks ALL his boxes.

Capricorn and hippie ch
Published August 27th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Jaded by Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaded by Love

Start your review of Jaded by Love
Rochelle
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story and what made it even more enjoyable for me since I am also a Virgo, lol. Quick romance between Audrey and Connor. Loved the insta-love and chemistry between them. Neither was looking for a relationship but all it took was one look and it was on. Jade and Love were great side characters that really help make the story even more enjoyable. Loved watching them try to help their parents get together. Great read in a great series. I can’t wait to read more of the series and more fro ...more
Stacy Curtice
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy short reads that are fulfilling. I love Audrey and Connor. They are the type of characters that you hope find their hea. This book will make you laugh, it will make you cry and it will make you fall in love.
Dimaris rossy
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even when it's a short read I felt very satisfied with it. It has sweetness, hotness and even some fun mix in it. The young ones bring a lightness to the story with their meddling, same as all the extra characters around Audrey and Connor. And I loved Connor's reaction to Audrey from the very beginning. He is captivated and he is not wasting time. Also, he's not leaving any room for Audrey to be confused about his intentions. But she needs to overcome her fears. She just needs to give herself an ...more
Jessica Alcazar
Is there anything more feel good than a romance journey for a single parent? YES, yes there is! A romance journey for two single parents!! *twirls* As some of you might have picked up from my previous reviews, I’m not a huge reader of blurbs so I had zero clue I what I was about to read until I was in it and daaaaayum was it awesome! It also didn’t hurt that I love this author’s voice and style! :)

There is very little conflict other than the obvious which is both Audrey and Connor both haven
Lene Norway
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Jaded by Love is a sweet story about following what your heart desire.

Author A.J. Alexander has put together an intriguing romance with an amazing plot. Both the protagonists and support characters are well developed and makes the story easy to read.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this.
Sylvie Rochon
Shelves: arc, hot, 2020, insta-love
I love this series that involves astrology/esoterism to lead to a love match. This one involves, tarot cards. Audrey who's been raised by hippies, relies on them for everything. She and her 14 year old daughter move to a small town where they meet Connor, a single widowed dad of 14 year old Jade. It's a sweet insta-love story, though Audrey's jaded heart gets in the way.
Really loved Connor's character. I received this Arc in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Victoria Weston
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I have read by this author and I part of the Written In The Stars Series. This book is a beautiful, sweet romance story and is a real Insta love story that you wont be able to take your eyes from. I really enjoyed reading this book and I couldn't put this book down its amazing. This is a beautiful written book that everyone will love, a true love story.
This is Conner and Audrey's story and you will be taking on a ride with them, you will love, laugh and cry all at the
Christina  Thomas
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I could not help but fall in love with conner and audrey's story! This was yet an other amazing read and book in this stand alone series! You can honestly not go wrong with any of the books in this series and this one mite honestly mite be my favorite one yet! You will go on a roller coaster of emotions and sit there and go why would you do that?!? And then turn around going what is going to happen next?! If you have not read this book or any of the other current 7 books in this series, then you ...more
Amanda Rodriguez
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy donut shop!!! When you feel the stars are against you it scares the daylights out of you when your heart wins out. The hilarious but loving story of Connor and Audrey is absolutely amazing. I have never belly laughed so hard as I did with parts of their story made me. Can’t wait to see what you have next for us AJ Alexander!!!!
Danielle Monteleone
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started this book around lunch time and finished it the same day. Conner and Audrey had a whirlwind love that blew in fast and last a lifetime. With the help of Jade, Love and the cards it proved that their true love was worth the heartache, fight and love. I could not put this book down nor did I want to. I was everything for the Written in the stars series.
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
This was A Well-Written Sweet Short Read! Got All enjoyable elements: A Fun Heroine, A determined Hero, Hot Sparks, Two Cute Teens, Heartfelt Love, A few tears AND A Beautiful HEA!
DEVOURED this in 3hrs❤, Loved Connor & Audrey!

ARC Received for a honest Review.
#My 1st By A.J. and I'm totally going for more!

[I'm giggling a little at the book's name! Her daughter's name is Love, His is Jade. Both girls are of same age & become besties.. The Author sure chose a Fascinating title😘.]

The Blurb gives us
Paula  Phillips
Aug 29, 2020 rated it liked it
As readers of The Phantom Paragrapher will know I have enjoyed the Written in the Stars Novellas as they are cute instant love stories with a bit more substance than some of the other instalove stories out there that seem to just contain sex. In Jaded by Love, we meet hippie and free-spirited Audrey and her daughter Love. Audrey grew up with free-spirited parents and learned how to read tarot cards. She based all of her life decisions on what the cards told her and after being burned once again ...more
Kari Hansen
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Its been 14 years since Conner’s one and only love passed away while giving birth to their daughter Jade. Since then his life has been focused on her and his business and he hasn’t needed anyone else until Audrey comes into his life.

Audrey’s romantic past was a painful lesson but she has always had her daughter Love by her side. She is free spirited and spontaneous but when she moves to town to be close to her friend she wants this move to be permanent for her daughter’s sake. Her heart tells he
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
I'm loving this series. This was Connor and Audrey's story. Audrey has let the cards dictate her life. She decided to start again in a new town with her daughter Love. Connor is a single dad who hasn't had a relationship since his wife died giving birth to their daughter. Both of these characters deserved their HEA. I'm so glad they had their daughters to push them together. I really enjoyed this book. A quick and sweet read. ...more
Amanda Baker
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A.J. Alexander wrote a cute, fun romance novel. This is the kind of book you curl up with a coffee or a hot cup of tea in your favorite chair and read it in one sitting. Yes, it is a novella, but you are also going to want to know what happens to this couple. This book is part of the Written in the Stars series. I love reading the Written in the Stars series. These books are not only very good, but they are also allowing me to find all these great new authors! This series is 12 zodiac signs, 12 ...more
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jaded by Love is an instalove story that will have you laughing, fanning yourself and falling in love.
Audrey goes where the cards take her and this time it is leading her and her daughter, Love, to Dixie Point, Alabama to help her friend Bristol. Conner grew up in Dixie Point, but since the loss of his wife his focus has been his job and his daughter, Jade. Yet, the moment he sees Audrey there is an instant connection. There is something about her that he is drawn to.

Audrey and Conner have fan
Dana Busenbark
Who are Audrey and Bristol? What text is sent to Audrey? Who is Connor? What conversation needs to be had with him? Who are Lydia and Love? Where do we find Audrey and Love going? Where is she from? What professions do we find Audrey's parents in? How did her parent's jobs affect her? Who are Vance and Jade? I like them! How do the stars align or collide so quickly? What do Connor and Vance do for a living? I had to really hide all the times I wanted to giggle or laugh out loud while reading thi ...more
jaclyn malkiewicz
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The cards sure did make this book a perfect addition to the Written in the Stars series! It's a wonderful feel good read. Don't get me wrong, I laughed, I teared up, and then smiled for pages. This story gives you the feels you want in an earned HEA. . . Meaning it doesn't come easy but it definitely gets there. And the best part is . . . I want more! I finished the book and I feel like I need to know about everyone else! I guess thats something that just comes with the small town feel, you know ...more
Tawni Steiger
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
AJ has done it again! Single dad Conner lives for his daughter. As a single father, everything that he does is for her. Audrey never planned on getting pregnant so young, but she did and has made the best of it. Her daughter is her whole world. Moving to a new small town hoping for a new start for them, Audrey is thrown into Conner's path right away. And the chemistry between the two is instantaneous.

I love AJ's books because they are so easy to get into, and even though it is a quick read, its
Christina Pannell
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is such a sweet romantic book that was Written in the Stars.
Audrey moves to Alabama to help her friend Bristol with her yoga studio after being hurt by her ex.
Connor lost the love of his life when she gave birth to their daughter. He has lived life as a single father and really didn't think of another woman because he thought he would never find another like his late wife.
What happens when there is a connection between Audrey and Connor? Will their story be written in the stars? Will the
Ashley
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
As a Virgo I was looking forward to this book but I have to say Conner didn't really act to much like a virgo. Personally I'm not much on insta-love as it was so fast with these two. Then they start acting like drunk, horny teenagers while the two teens are acting like the adults. That was a little off putting for me. Overall it was written nicely and was interesting. I was invested in finishing it to see how everything worked out. A good quick read for while your lounging by the pool.
Voluntary
Sharon
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The eighth book in the Written in the Stars series is a short, fun read with some heat thrown in. Audrey has not had the best luck with men and is a little shy to pull the trigger when Conner comes into her life. Connor is a take no prisoners kind of guy when it comes to what he wants and that means his sights are set on Audrey. Will she be able to get past her hang ups and take a chance on what Conner is offering? This is a bit of a slow build with these two but it is worth the effort.
Sarah Sargent
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AJ Alexander is back with her version of InstaLove with Jaded Hearts. Sometimes its not best to trust the tarot cards to tell you what to do. This is the case when Audrey meets Conner. There is an instant connection that neither one of them can deny. This is one quick read that will have you laughing and then swooning and waiting for the HEA. This is why I keep coming back and getting sucked back in.
Debra  (Dragon Nanny) Phiri
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love is open to interpretation! Debra @Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

This story was super sweet and sexy! It was just the right amount of everything you could want with fun, angst, instant attraction and meddling girls!

Connor is a great dad and overall person. He has friends who care about him and a daughter that adores him and wants him to find happiness outside of his love and caring of her.

Audrey has hit the rocks a few times in the love department and has sworn off men so she can focus on her
Erica
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short, happy ending story. Audrey's life is ruled by tarot cards. While she's trying to not always rely on them, it's who she is. Moving to a small town with her daughter, she wants to start a new life. What happens is steamy! ...more
Linda
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a quick, instalove story between Connor and Audrey. It was funny (especially the bathroom scene), emotional and hot. You have to love their daughters instant friendship and meddling. You never know what fate or the stars will bring you.

Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
For Conner, Audrey was an unexpected surprise. Audrey wasn't looking for a relationship but the attraction to Conner was instant. The fact that both of their daughters cemented the relationship. The tarot cards for told their love. This was a cute, fast, steamy insta-love story. ...more
Theresa
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good quick read. This is a new to me author. I really like Audrey and connors story and addition of jade and Love. This series is fast becoming one of my favorites. I get to read some new to me authors with great story.
Sue
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s sweet, it has some heat, and it’s fun. Jaded by love was a really enjoyable read.
Lauren Hutchinson
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A quick and easy read. This was a pretty fast paced story with a very enjoyable storyline. I liked the characters and found they were easy to read about. The overall story was also enjoyable and interesting to read.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Consumed by Love (Consumed, #1)
  • Fearless to Love (Fairlane, #4)
  • Drowning in Love
  • Wandering In Love (Written in the Stars #11)
  • Crashing into Love (Written in the Stars #12)
  • Intrigued By Love (Written in the Stars #5)
  • Balanced in Love (Written in the Stars Book 9)
  • Bittersweet Love (Written in The Stars #2; Bittersweet)
  • 413 Cherry St. (A Cherry Falls Romance, #15)
  • 427 First Ave. (A Cherry Falls Romance Book 17)
  • Daring To Love (Written In The Stars #3)
  • 316 Rose Rd. (A Cherry Falls Romance #11)
  • Price of Love (Written in the Stars #4)
  • 608 Alpha Avenue (A Cherry Falls Romance #23)
  • 420 Bride Street (Cherry Falls #16)
  • Reluctant to Love (Written in the Stars, #1)
  • 330 Love Ln (A Cherry Falls Romance #13)
  • 323 Tender Way (A Cherry Falls Romance #12)
AJ Alexander is a wannabe psychologist and author of steamy (borderline erotic) contemporary romances with happily ever afters that must be earned by her characters. She lives in the angst capital of the world, Seattle Washington with her own personal knight in shining camouflage and her two beautiful girls.

You can always find AJ with a cherry coke and twizzlers at hand while writing, watching th

Seaside Love (5 books)
  • Haven (Seaside Love, #2)
  • Anchor (Seaside Love, #3)
  • Harbor (Seaside Love, #4)
  • Seaside Tycoon (Seaside Love, #5)

News & Interviews

As the summer comes to a close and the days grow shorter, it's natural that we're drawn to what hides in the shadows. Mystery stories are...