Start by marking “Otherwise Known as Pig” as Want to Read:
Otherwise Known as Pig

Otherwise Known as Pig

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  13 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Still a loser, Pig, Stormin says. Guess you havent learnt much over summer.
Oh, I dont know, I reply, bloody, bowed and hating his guts. I can read.
Which is when he kicks me. I really should learn to keep my stupid mouth shut.
Seeing Stormin thoroughly occupied, the rest of Year 9 drift back, although they do wait till hes left before resuming their commentary.
Loser.
Coward.
Published November 18th 2019 by Wakefield Press

To ask other readers questions about Otherwise Known as Pig, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Otherwise Known as Pig

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Otherwise Known as Pig
Ellie King
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to @wakefield for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

Written by Catch Tilly, Otherwise Known as Pig is a book that shines the spotlight with an uncompromising focus on physical bullying. In today's society this book offers an empowering narrative for all. Catch Tilly is a former high school teacher and has seen first hand how bullying affects teenagers.

This book is confronting and uncomfortable at times but it is a narrative we need in our society. The
Becca Fitzpatrick (bookscandlescats)
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: donated
This is a fantastic novel from former high school teacher Catch Tilly.

It follows Morgan, (otherwise known as Pig) as he gets physically bullied day after day. Described as a Loser, Morgan is the type that prefers Art and Writing over physical activity. This makes him stand out at this sports-centered school, which only invites more harassment from the bullies.

The adults in the book are very realistic. There are those who don't even notice the bullying, those who turn a blind eye and those who
Dimity Knight
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Otherwise Known as Pig is a surprisingly entertaining story, considering the brutality of school yard bullying it portrays. The protagonist, Morgan Lohdi, is a funny, upbeat victim whose wit is always getting him into trouble with bullies and teachers alike. It seems that no one is on his side, not even his own family. Thankfully, a compassionate art teacher and a somewhat wavering friend give him hope that his trials have not been entirely overlooked. There is no easy answer to the problem of ...more
Ashley Anderson
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
* Thank you to Wakefield Press for gifting me with this copy of Otherwise Known As Pig by Catch Tilly. *

Ive never read a book quite like this before, and I cant say I had my fun with it, only because its themes were quite dark. However, the story of Morgan Lohdi was a brilliant one, and Ill be keeping an eye out for Catch Tillys upcoming releases.
Kathage
Jade
rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2020
Karys McEwen
rated it did not like it
Feb 29, 2020
Mar 22, 2020

• It Sounded Better in My Head
  • Making Friends with Alice Dyson
  • The Girl with the Gold Bikini
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • 19 Love Songs
  • My Father's Shadow
  • Mallee Boys
  • Mating in Captivity: Reconciling the Erotic and the Domestic
  • This is How We Change the Ending
Catch Tilly is a former high school teacher now working as an author and script writer. It was after hearing students comment how realistic and empowering they found Morgan and Stormins story presented in a play on
bullying that she decided to write Otherwise Known as Pig. She is married with five children and has an MA in creative writing.

News & Interviews