Start by marking “The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore: Indispensable Edition” as Want to Read:
The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore: Indispensable Edition

The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore: Indispensable Edition

The definitive autobiographical book on Alan Moore finally returns to print in a new expanded and updated version! In The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore: Indispensable Edition, Moore reflects on his life and work in an insightful and candid fashion through an extensive series of interviews about his entire legendary career, including new interviews covering his career s ...more
Published December 23rd 2008 by Two Morrows Publishing (first published August 6th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore

Feather Mista
Mar 05, 2010 Feather Mista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Puede que no haya leído todo el libro y pocas cosas recuerdo de su contenido. Pero lo que recuerdo me gustó tanto que ponerle cuatro estrellitas es lo mínimo que podría hacer. Y lo máximo sería poder conseguirlo directamente :D
Myles
The end of February was a time for me to give up things, like pretending that I was enjoying the format of this biographical tribute to Alan Moore. Khoury takes interviews, Moore juvenalia, artist-tributes and pieces them into...this.

I enjoy Alan Moore's comics, but I can't say I'm a diehard fan, until recently when I read Tom Strong comics, I'd only read his popular hits: Watchmen, The Killing Joke, V, etc., I had no idea of the variety of the depth of his other work.

This book may appeal to a
Ancient Weaver
Apr 11, 2010 Ancient Weaver rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody interested in getting to know more about (Alan) Moore
If you've ever wanted to know more about the legendary Alan Moore, this is your chance. This book is the only thing in print I've managed to find with biographical info about the whole of Moore's life - well, autobiographical, I guess, since he's the one being interviewed. Very accessable, very interesting.
Macha
May 26, 2012 Macha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 & 1/2 stars.
Ben
Dec 30, 2010 Ben rated it really liked it
Fun collection of Moore florilegia, plus an account of his career in his own words.
Patrick Hurley
Kind of rambles a bit. Interesting in some ways. I think after awhile I just got tired of it and began skimming.
Paulo
Sep 06, 2015 Paulo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One impressive review of His Work.
Sean
Sean rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2012
Pipitpip
Pipitpip rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2007
Olga
Olga rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Reyel2107
Oct 07, 2016 Reyel2107 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a great view of the master work !!!!!
Graham Vingoe
Graham Vingoe rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2012
ANDREW JOHN
ANDREW JOHN rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2016
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2008
Andy
Andy rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Eugene booker
Eugene booker rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2010
Cody Bellar
Cody Bellar rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Roger Bolton
Roger Bolton rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Gary Nealy, Jr.
Gary Nealy, Jr. rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Jay Eales
Jay Eales rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Michael Gordon
Michael Gordon rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Lolobull
Lolobull rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Andres F.
Andres F. rated it did not like it
Sep 10, 2016
John
John rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2015
Johan Stensson
Johan Stensson rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2017
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2009
Gilberto Mariscal
Gilberto Mariscal rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2013
Brandon Bragg
Brandon Bragg rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2011
Jack Moloney
Jack Moloney rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2010
Alejandro
Alejandro rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2013
  • Alan Moore's Writing for Comics
  • Art Out of Time: Unknown Comics Visionaries, 1900-1969
  • The Essential Batman Encyclopedia
  • Kirby: King of Comics
  • The Horror! The Horror!: Comic Books the Government Didn't Want You to Read!
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 8 (Naoki Urasawa's Monster: Kanzenban, #8)
  • Mutants and Mystics: Science Fiction, Superhero Comics, and the Paranormal
  • The Mammoth Book of Best Horror Comics
  • The Wizard's Tale
  • Depeche Mode: Black Celebration: The Biography
  • American Flagg!: Definitive Collection
  • Everybody is Stupid Except for Me and Other Astute Observations
George Khoury has written and edited the Eisner-nominated Kimota!, The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore, True Brit, and Comic Book Fever. He served as senior editor to the award-winning Comic Book Artist magazine and as a regular contributor to the popular Modern Masters series. In the last 20 years, he's been a freelance writer for magazines, newspapers, and internet.
More about George Khoury...