Start by marking “Desert Willow” as Want to Read:
Desert Willow

Desert Willow

After a failed engagement, Captain Andrew Lee James has focused on building a career in the Army he loves. That commitment includes helping a feisty, out-of-work ballerina whose devotion to her grandmother’s dying wish immediately grabs his heart. She’s the one, but will he be able to win the heart of a woman who has vowed to never be involved with a soldier?

College
Published February 2020 by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas

To ask other readers questions about Desert Willow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desert Willow

Start your review of Desert Willow
Susan
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow, all I can say is, this story blew me away! Keep the tissues close by as you are reading DESERT WILLOW by Patricia Beal. She will have your emotions all over the place. Once I started reading, it was very hard to stop! The twists and turns made it impossible to put down, as I had to know what was going to happen to Clara after so much heartache! What an awesome story. All of Patricia’s characters feel genuine and relatable and put your emotions on one heck of a roller coaster ride. As you ...more
Lori
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book to the fullest! And it's been a long time since I've read anything by this author. I wasn't disappointed. She's a great writer that has done her research well.
This is a story about forgiveness, truth and love. Oh and I can't leave out 2nd chances. I love those stories best! Especially when the author includes God! For He's left out of so many things, places, and people's lives! So sad.
But, there are still some of us who love Him including me. I was saved at 14 years old.
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Beal has give readers a story of second chances, heartache, love, and forgiveness. With relatable characters and emotions aplenty, readers will find themselves enjoying their time with Clara and Andrew. And who doesn’t love a sweet story about fulfilling a grandmother’s dying wish?

I found myself gravitating towards Clara in the story. There was something that really turned her against dating military men, and when the truth came out, it was not at all what I was expecting. But it made her real,
Suzie Waltner
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Patricia Beal’s sophomore release, readers are gifted with a story of family, falling in love, finding your place, and forgiveness (for both others and ourselves).

Clara is a character who is easy to connect with. She’s young, passionate about dance, and her love of Dollar General borders on humorous at times. She’s also made mistakes, struggles to forgive herself, and is foundering with life decisions after college graduation. In other words, she’s human.

Desert Willow tackles some tough
Christi
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Here is an incredibly touching story about second chances, timing, forgiveness, and stepping out of your comfort zone, letting go of fear, and taking a chance. I fell head over heels in love with Andrew and his pursuit of Clara, the ballerina that is stubborn to a fault, refusing him at first, but finally giving in to her heart. Theirs is the main focus but what really intrigued me about this novel was the reason for Clara and Andrew meeting: Clara's grandmother's dying wish for Clara to deliver ...more
Kendra Neal
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I normally don't read Contemporary Romance, but the synopsis and cover of this book, really drew me to read it. I am VERY glad that I did, as this book is a Page Turner from beginning to end.

Clara is the main character in the book. She just graduated from college and is starting to pursue her dancing career. She is summoned by her grandmother to deliver a Letter to a Captain in the Military. She has sworn off men of the Military, but honors her grandmother by agreeing to deliver this letter.
Dee Wolters
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My review: Clara graduated from college with her degree in dance. Now the hard work starts, getting paid to dance. While her mother is in Brazil with her ill grandmother, Clara heads to Texas to deliver a letter. The strange request is the last thing her grandmother asked of her, and to honor her, she is now in Texas.

Andrew is stationed in Texas and was excited to hear that a friend from overseas is heading to the same duty station. When he arrives at the air port to greet the family, he is
Beth
Feb 25, 2020
Rose  Milo
rated it did not like it
Feb 13, 2020
Patricia Beal
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amanda Geaney
Feb 03, 2020
Angelica
Feb 06, 2020

• Three Little Things
  • Guarded (The Night Guardians #2)
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • Rocks and Flowers in a Box (Lorna & Tristan #2)
  • Waltz in the Wilderness (Chaparral Hearts Book 1)
  • Above the Fold
  • Alpha (Warriors of Kaizon, #2)
  • The Soldier's Lady
  • Broken
  • Tease (Kings of Korruption MC #2)
  • The Debt
  • Scarred Hearts (Lost Memories Book 3)
  • A Cold Fateful Night: An adventure Romance
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • Raw Redemption (Crossing the Line, #4)
  • Lost: A Mountain Man Rescue Romance
  • Embattled Hearts (Lost and Found, #1)
  • Embattled Home (Lost and Found, #3)
Novelist | Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas & Editora Pandorga. DESERT WILLOW released in February of 2020 :) #ASeasonToDance #Ballerina #Artist.

Connect: