Start by marking “I NOT David (Finding Me Book One)” as Want to Read:
I NOT David (Finding Me Book One)

I NOT David (Finding Me Book One)

When three-year-old Joey is diagnosed with autism, Kat’s heart sinks. With a single phone number and a few suggested therapies, she and her husband Derek are left to wade through the unknown abyss of ASD. Derek assures Kat their son will grow out of it, but she has done enough research. That never happens. Still, Joey can improve, and Kat vows to make his life better any ...more
Published November 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about I NOT David, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I NOT David

Start your review of I NOT David (Finding Me Book One)
Ruth Ann Lingwall
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I feel no parent is exempt from overwhelm, stress, and guilt from some traumatic health experiences with their children and so can benefit from reading about another mother’s journey through these paralyzing emotions.

There is so much to learn about autism. We see Kat trying to cope with everyday reality, new therapeutic resources, and endless researching for suggested techniques to help her son. Kat’s ‘mom intuition’ proves correct multiple times.

Unfortunately Derek doesn’t understand. He is
Danielle
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!
All I can say about this book was it was absolutely amazing!
A fantastic read, and keeps the reader hooked right from the start.
I found all the characters really well written in their own different ways, and how they dealt with the situations they were in, and the impact it had on them all was very interesting to read.
I have known people over the years in similar situations and I as a teacher have come across children like Joey, so I was able to relate to some of the situations.
Kameo
Pat Eroh
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was like reliving the first few years of my oldest son’s life. He was 12 before they named it though. This is a great book on some aspects of autism.

Writing has always interested Kameo Monson, and she spent many years keeping a journal and writing to two or three different pen pals simultaneously. In her late thirties, she entered the blogging world as a product review blogger for OMG Goodies. Though comfortable with essays, reports, and letter-writing, the thought of writing fiction eluded her until When Love Is Lost floated into her mind,