Start by marking “Shadow Man (Grayson Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Man (Grayson Duet #1)

Shadow Man

(Grayson Duet #1)

SHADOW MAN is the first book in a new duet from bestselling author Catherine Wiltcher’s Santiago saga...

BLURB:
Cause and consequence:
Two words that haunt me.
When I was stolen, I learned to hate.
When he saved me, I learned to fear.
I ran from him, following a trail of the dead, from Miami all the way to Colombia.
Now I’ve fallen into darkness again, and he’s the only one I se
Published April 27th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Man

Start your review of Shadow Man (Grayson Duet #1)
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 💔🖤🖤❤️🌓⚡️💥🌪⚡️🌕🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️❗️❗️❣️

Imagine my surprise when I received a message from a gr friend, informing me that Joseph Grayson’s story has a HFN in the first part of The Grayson duet!!! 😱😱😱🥳🥳🥳 because I do not read series unless it is completed.

Joseph Grayson.
Second in command and best friend of Dante Santiago!
A white knight who rides a black horse with bloody scars and rent colours.
A soldier.
A killer.

“Killing comes as naturally to us as fucking.” Joseph

Anna Jackson had suffered a lot while s
Danielle's
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With every rose there are thorns. There is no beauty without the beast. Shadow man is my first read by Catherine Wiltcher and this is the first half of a duet.

The shadow man is Joseph. He isn’t a good guy but he is the only one to save Anna. The story unfolds giving a few pieces of the puzzle at a time. The past, the present and the strength to move forward. Anna went through a bad experience but the reason is something she wants to forget. She doesn’t care about herself or life. Joseph is the o
⋆Lara⋆
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every-freaking-body!
5-Shadow-stars 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

For more of my reviews, Please visit my blog LaraBabbles Book Blog
description

Caution:- This review isn’t going to be much of a review but a fangirling gig on my part because there’s no way I can stop gushing about it until next year.

Before I start, I have a confession to make. When I took on this ARC, my intentions weren’t pure towards Joseph. I was craving to have one on one time with Dante. ‘Tis the truth that I needed my Dante hit.

Ohmigosh! I freaking loved this book!!!

Joseph G
Catherine Wiltcher
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE!
✫ Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2THCLNc
✫ Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2TunNLG
✫ Amazon AUS: https://amzn.to/39sLmtC
✫ Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/39u96Of

“He made me scared, more scared than I’d ever felt in my life. More scared than the night my mother died, and the cold blue walls of loneliness turned her bedroom into a prison cell. He was a beautiful savage. A terrible monster… And he wore his danger like a Congressional Medal of Honor."

© Catherine Wiltcher

Sammy ❤️Just Let Me Read Blog ❤️
Shadow Man is an all-consuming, flawlessly written dark romance with a captivating storyline and unforgettable characters. Catherine Wiltcher delivers a heart wrenching and emotional love story about two broken people who find unexpected solace amid chaos. This was a sexy and seductive cat-and-mouse chase set within a richly layered and unique storyline.

“You don't have a choice, sweetheart. You’ve been mine since the first day we met.“

This story is about more than two people finding love and
Julia
No rating. DNF 25% in

I remember reading this a few weeks ago and absolutely hating it. Every character was dysfunctional and psychotic. It made for some really frustrating stupid characters.
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
5 Shadow Man Stars

Joseph and Anna

Very rarely do I read a book that leaves me utterly speechless. I’m staring at the last page with tears in my eyes. Yup. At 4am in the morning I am sitting in my bed bawling my eyes out with no regrets. Sometimes a book just needs to hurt real good. And it did. Pain, angst and violence. Catherine Wiltcher has once again put me through the ringer; ripped my heart out and left it out to dry. Shadow Man is an emotional, incredible ride that was heart poundin
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads
Five "loved it" stars!

Oh, I had been waiting impatiently for this one! I needed Joseph's story like I need blueberry scones. Which is to say—a lot. Because I need blueberry scones a lot.

Joseph, El Assasino, is every bit as hot (but also delightfully cold) as I knew he could be. His infatuation with Anna has only grown since the first moment he laid eyes on her during the Santiago trilogy. He saved her from a physical Hell, but he is struggling with how to save her from the trappings of the Hell
•DeliciouslyDirtyAnne•
Shadow Man is absolutely a brilliant follow-up story of the Santiago Trilogy and Devils & Dust by Catherine Wiltcher.

Following the Santiago storyline, this book is so unexpected in terms of turn of events, story build-up and breathtaking climax. This book is heartfelt prose and so much more.

Basically, you'll witness a metamorphosis in the middle of chaos and mayhem. It's the kind of transition you would be cheering at once you read it. And I loved it!

Both main characters appeal to me sooo much
Cora Kenborn
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Standing ovation for Shadow Man. Catherine Wiltcher has taken dark romance to a new level with this heart-wrenching and gritty book. Joseph is broken. Anna is broken. But together they are the perfect, all-consuming, ill-fated couple that will capture your heart and rip it to shreds. Wiltcher's writing is flawless and full of heat, passion, love, and a raw honesty few authors can master. ...more
Melissa Crump
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book!!! The Shadow is lurking and he’s hungry, he wants to consume and he’s not one to let go. Oh my word. So delicious and hot. I was on pins and needles waiting to see what would happen. I love this series so much.
Joy Westerfield
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As I started to write this review, I kept thinking to myself how would my words even do justice to this incredible book. I’ve been eagerly waiting for Joseph’s story and this author completely knocked it out of the park! OMG! So many descriptions come to mind like brilliant, phenomenal, unreal and so many more that I can’t even think of them all. I literally started this and refused to put it down until it was finished. You will be taken on so many dark and twisty turns, that your head will be s ...more
Elaine
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought that I was in love with The Santiago Trilogy but Joseph just stole my heart!!
Catherine Wiltcher brings a whole new meaning to what a shadow really means and in the heart of hearts I love Joseph and Anna's story to the moon and back!! Can't wait until the next book comes because I have a feeling all heck is about to break out!!
Joyffree
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-tbr
The Santiago Cartel continues

"Because I will hang my promise around my neck for all to see, my Luna girl. I will hang it there to remind you of just how flicking committed I am to it."

That about sums up this eposode

Anna is so lost.
Trapped in the darkness of her memories. Its easier sometimes to believe the bad -
To drown the pain - than it is to face it.
To fight your way out of the darkness not knowing what is on the otherside.

But her Shadow-
he is keeping his promise.
He will be there keeping h
Lisa Roberts
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One word INCREDIBLE a true masterpiece these characters will have you heart pounding i know mine was filled with excitement I almost couldn't take it I was pacing the floors reading.
Joesph Grayson is the man my god he is Everything and I am so happy we got him along with Anna who is one strong woman and unforgettable these two and the angst will nearly kill you it's that scorching.
Oh oh and yay we get Dante as a bonus god I love these men, the dialogue and this Authors words are beyond brilli
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
One of my favorite things to read in dark romance is a strong, fierce, and lethal heroine. Anna is perfection. Her growth from victim to survivor is great to see. And I love her fast friendship with Vivian. I enjoy seeing badass bitches empowering other badass bitches.
I’m loving the Santiago Cartel! Shadow Man is an exciting, fast-paced read. It can be read as a stand-alone, but is the first book in a duet. I read Dante and Eve’s books too and they were awesome. If you like dark/romantic suspens
Cass
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blown away

Read it! What more can I say? Just read it!
It’s a thrilling ride. The characters are intoxicating. Their story is mind blowing. But their connection is unbreakable.
TheBookPlatypus
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Anna and Joseph!
My god!

In the Santiago Trilogy, we come to know Anna as Eve’s best friend who ends up kidnapped and horribly abused.
She gets rescued by Joseph but not without mental scaring.

Anna is feeling lost and alone in a world that she no longer feels is the carefree and safe place that she once lived, she feels like she lost her best friend to the devil (Dante Santiago) and ends up being in and out of rehab for her well-being.
Joseph has always had an immediate attraction to her and pr
Susana
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! My head is still spinning and my jaw dropped after reading the last page of ‘Shadow Man. What such an amazing book! I had high expectations for this title after reading and loving the Santiago Trilogy and Catherine Wiltcher not only has fulfilled them, she has exceed them.

I loved this book from page one till the end. Absolutely brilliant writing. ‘Shadow Man’ is an intense, powerful and thrilling ride. Joseph and Anna have troubled background. They both have ugly demons to fight. It’s not
Kathi Goldwyn
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything I dreamt it could be! I fell for Joseph in Hearts of Darkness. I prayed Catherine Wiltcher would find a story for him. And boy did she! This book is for Dark lovers like me! Every word is perfectly penned. I LOVE Anna and learn so much more about Joseph I fell for him all over again. Beautifully written, angst that ripped my heart out and the sexual undertones were smexy as he**. I was swept away into this Drug Lord world, and even had time with Dante!! That was a special ...more
Michelle Dunklee
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Anna and Joseph

Ahhmazing! Can't wait to see where this is going. Joseph and Anna's story is completely captivating, ensnaring you completely, giving you all the feels with twists and turns aplenty.
Sheri M
Dark, naughty, sweet, suspenseful, frustrating, swoony, melodic. Catherine Wiltcher continues to prove the characters use her as a conduit to tell their stories. The story of Joseph and Anna is rich with imagery, complexity, and spirit. It pulled every emotion from me, but not gratuitously. Wiltcher writes with an economy that trusts my imagination to dress the stage while she directs the players. Their voices are unique and genuine and she writes then with humor and compassion. I finished the b ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What just happened?

If you’re like me, you’ve been devouring the Santiago Trilogy story arc and couldn’t wait to dive into Joseph and Anna’s story. Oh, did I get what I came for – stellar writing, characters with heart and depth plus… A darkness and pain I wasn’t prepared for. At all. Each scene ping-ponged from one life-threatening situation to the next, with friends and enemies sometimes wearing similar masks…

Dim. Shadowy. Starless. Gloomy. Overcast. Sunless. Yes, I googled similar words f
Jenny Thatcher
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Incredible

⭐𝔸ℝℂ ℝ𝔼𝕍𝕀𝔼𝕎⭐
ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇʏꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴜᴇᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ, ꜱʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴍᴀɴ by @catherinewiltcher
Catherine is a relatively new author, but boy can she write! I've been anticipating this read for a while, I absolutely love the world she has created.
This follows the story of Joseph and Anna. Although it's not absolutely necessary, I would reccomend reading the Santiago Trilogy first - mainly because Dante is just so 🔥 and secondly you are introduced to the characters throughout that trilogy and other characte
Palmer
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Violence, Sex Trafficking, Cartels, Deception, and Deceit.... this dark read has it all! I have read all of this authors books; however, this one is by far my favorite!

Anna has survived six months of hell after being kidnapped and put in a sex trafficking ring. Joseph has been her shadow since the day he rescued her. Anna uses alcohol and drugs to cope with the aftermath and Joseph sends her to counseling and rehab hoping it will help her heal. The only problem is Anna fights him and herself at
Susan
Powerful Punchy Perfection. 💜💜💜💜💜

I didn't think it was possible for me to love Joseph Grayson anymore than I already did......now I stand corrected.
Catherine Wiltcher has managed to do just that. I've fallen even harder for the elusive Shadow Man.

When I first started the Santiago Trilogy Joseph stood out straight away. I'm a reader who's always drawn to secondary characters no matter how much I love the main one.
I knew then that his story needed to be told and was going to be EPIC!!

Now we've h
Julie Sherman
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Series Continuance.

Anna is a broken and beaten mess and is going down a road that will lead her to nothing but death. But, a man she calls Shadow Man keeps rescuing her, and she wants him to go away and leave her alone. So, to get away, she does what she does best. Runs. Who knew that the one place she runs to is the place he knows all too well.
Joseph, Shadow Man, can't get Anna out of his blood. He's responsible for her plight. Joseph, not a gentleman, a killer with no thought or reg
Jessica
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book should have come with a warning - Be prepared for an emotional roller coaster.

I am still not over this story, and it's been a few days since I finished it. I am utterly speechless, and even as I write this, I am having a hard time forming my words and thoughts.

This book is just that good.

Anna Williams never asked to be a victim. Never asked to be a pawn in the middle of a war. Never asked to be protected by the man in the shadows.

Bouncing from rehab to rehab, Anna is a broken soul
Mawgan Dipple
Shelves: arc-reads
Wow. what can i say about this book. If i could give it more than 5 stars i would. I loved the Santiago trilogy and this book slides right into the thick of it and fills in so many blanks. Giving you a more complete tale of who and what joseph Grayson really is. Anna on the other is an incredible character. seeing her transform from the wreaked creature she was into a fierce entity was magnificent. I will admit I was close to tears near the end, when the final pieces of the puzzle locked into pl ...more
Sabrina Pawn
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Wiltcher’s words left me utterly speechless!

Raw, Angsty, Real and Beautifully Damaged this book left me in a state of nostalgia.

Joseph not a man of many words and Anna the social butterfly is everything- a story you never saw coming and by far is my favorite by this author. Catherine Wiltcher literally slayed me alive with her words and H/h was everything you wanted out of a couple both trying to heal from a past they never wanted to speak about.

I loved everything about this book. I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Marauder (Gangsters of New York, Book #2)
  • Machiavellian (Gangsters of New York, #1)
  • Kingdom of Corruption (The Fausti Family Book 4)
  • Santiago's Conquest
  • Man of Honor (The Fausti Family Book 1)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • The Sins of Saint: A Dark Romance Novel
  • War of Monsters (The Fausti Family Book 5)
  • The Fall of Sin
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Queen of Thorns (The Fausti Family #2)
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • Mercenary (Gangsters of New York, #3)
  • Ruthless Prince (Dark Syndicate, #1)
  • Royals of Italy
  • Shielded Wrongs (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #4)
  • Corrupted Empire (Belluci Mafia, #3)
Catherine Wiltcher is an international bestselling author of ten dark romance novels, including the Santiago Trilogy. A stage 4 cancer thriver and a self-confessed alpha addict, her writing is best described as sinfully sexy and her characters always fall hard and deep for one another.

She lives in the UK with her husband and two young daughters. If she ever found herself stranded on a desert isla

Grayson Duet (2 books)
  • Reckless Woman (Grayson Duet #2)