Start by marking “Margot and the Moon Landing” as Want to Read:
Margot and the Moon Landing

Margot and the Moon Landing

A universal story about speaking, listening and being heard.

Margot loves space. Astronauts, the stars, and especially the moon landing. So she can’t understand why all of her attempts to communicate her passion fall on disinterested ears. Her mom is patient but distracted; her classmates would rather play kickball; and her teacher just wants her to focus and pay attention
Expected publication: April 14th 2020 by Annick Press

To ask other readers questions about Margot and the Moon Landing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Margot and the Moon Landing

Start your review of Margot and the Moon Landing
La Coccinelle
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, children, netgalley
I'm actually a little bit surprised by this one... and not in a good way. While the underlying ideas about listening are fine, there's another way this book can be interpreted, and it leads to some very uncomfortable messages.

Margot is obsessed with space. All she wants to do is read about it. When she's not reading about it, she's talking about it... even if it's not an appropriate time or place. One day, she wakes up and the only things that come out of her mouth are parts of Neil Armstrong's
Amy Layton
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Margot can't help but to talk about outer space all the time, to the point where it alienates her from friends and family. But really, all she wants to be is heard. One morning, she wakes up and all she can say is Neil Armstrong's famous speech--one of the most important speeches relating to what lies beyond our world. And when nobody understands what she's trying to say, she lashes out. Why can't anybody understand her?

With beautiful cartoon-esque pencil drawings,Margot and the Moon Landing
OjoAusana
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-kids, read-2019
*received for free from netgalley for honest review* Really cute book! This is a really important book I think too, I liked the message it sends to both kids and parents! 5 out of 5 without question, amazing story, adorable art and awesome characters :)
Medeia Sharif
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Margot lives and breathes space exploration, but no one else shares her fascination. This makes her feel unheard and isolated. In a sweet, beautiful, and unique manner, her mother makes a connection with her. I loved the message—many of us had a specific obsession, focus, or goal during childhood and it meant everything to us to get support from others. The illustrations are also wonderful. I read this via NetGalley, courtesy of the publisher.
Lucas
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a charming children’s book. The story itself is classic (even classical), and the prose is clean and unassuming. But the real charm here is in the detail, both in the story itself and the accompanying beautiful illustrations: the little girl in the hijab on the playground; a main character of mixed ethnicity whose culture is both specific (“dahl”, “pièce de résistance”) and universal (definitely a Canadian); the casual note in Margot’s Space near the end where she’s almost imperceptibly ...more
Allison
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story about a child with interests so intense and specific it makes it hard to make friends? ... I can relate too much. Without giving anything away, it feels like a lesson for any adults who might be reading the book as well.
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this beautiful, heart-filled book. It's a special book with a really important message about loving what you love with total fierceness. I'm going to give this as a present to all of the smart and passionate little kids in my life.
Harriet Lye
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful, relatable book for children and the adults reading it to them! Margot’s passion seemed to make her feel isolated and obsessive at times, which frustrated her, but with the support and compassion from her mother, who learned to listen to her and help give space for her enthusiasms, Margot achieves what I think everyone wants, especially children: to be seen, heard, and understood. Gorgeous, imaginative illustrations, too. I think I will enjoy this book as much as my son.
Gabriel Jandali
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Margot and the Moon Landing threads the line between joy and nostalgia in the way all great children's books should. It's "message," if it has one, is easily digestible to speak to every child I know (and I know a lot of little kids), and universal enough to move even the toughest of adults (and I know a lot of big tough guys).

Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read Margot and the Moon Landing recently and I was so moved by its premise and the breadth of emotion and heart. I loved that it featured a people of colour without making a thing of it. I really loved this book, and it'd make a great gift for any child!
Princess  Peach
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can you hear me now?
Katie Heaney
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really sweet children's book, with lovely illustrations and a refreshing message. Everyone can remember their one "weird" childhood obsession, and what a difference it makes when someone in your otherwise scheduled life encourages you to follow it.
Anna Kim
Erin
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Poor Margot doesn't feel like she belongs. While her friends want to play kickball and read about about animals or princess all she wants to do is talk about space travel. Only when she's alone her room can she really be herself and read about the moon landing until she falls asleep. One day Margot's frustrations at not being heard or seen for who she is boil over and she scribbles out her feeling all over walls. Instead of being mad though, Margot's mom realizes that Margot needs to be able to ...more
Kate
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

As a preschool teacher, I can truly see my students adoring this book. Not only does Margot and the Moon Landing tell an intriguing story that will keep many a kid interested, but it also has a beautiful deeper meaning to it and could potentially teach kids a lot about the moon landing and space! While this isn’t a new favorite that I’ll be looking to add to my classroom shelves immediately, it
Jennie Seaman
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is a cute story about a girl who loves space but feels like no one cares. She is always wanting to tell people about all the space facts she knows, but they tell her it's not the time or they ignore her.

I thought this story was cute, but I wanted more out of it. It felt like everything was resolved way too fast. I thought the idea was a good one but that it could have been explored more. I know this is a children's picture book, but there was just not enough to it to be really enjoyable.

Raymond Library
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
A good story with a great focus on writing out your problems. It is a book I wish I could put on my library order list, but it was missing something that would really make it stand out enough for me to do so.
Andréa
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Olisha James