Start by marking “Secrets We Keep (Thistle Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets We Keep (Thistle Cove, #1)

Secrets We Keep

(Thistle Cove #1)

Sometimes the prettiest girls have the ugliest secrets.

Kenley Keene started senior year with football games, homecoming, and the SATs on her mind.

By then she'd given up that Rose Waller would ever be her friend again.

Or hope that Finn Holloway would give her the time of day.

She was focused on the future. The promise of graduating in the spring and leaving Thistle Cove behi
Published December 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Secrets We Keep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets We Keep

Start your review of Secrets We Keep (Thistle Cove, #1)
Marguerite (M)
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

Definitely interested enough to keep on reading. I just love Angel Lawson’s way of telling her books: it’s always delicate and very innocent at first sight to become much deeper as the story goes on.

Rtc
Coco.V
Mar 27, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/27/2020)! 🎁
Jaycee DeLorenzo
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc-read
Rose, Kenley's ex best friend, has disappeared and those left behind (boyfriends, friends and ex-friends alike) are trying to figure out what happened. Is she alive, is she dead? No one knows, but the story is starting to unravel and Kenley, Rose's boyfriend, and a couple other guys who used to be part of their friend group are growing closer as they try to figure out what's truly happened. Kenley is also learning that apparently every of the guys in her old friend group had a crush on her and n ...more
Kelly (AndKellyReads)
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've always liked Angel Lawson and the series she comes up with, but I think this one is already my favorite (and it's only book one). I'm a glutton for teenage dramas on TV and Thistle Cove is a Riverdale fan's dream. There's mystery, intrigue, angst, and romance, all rolled up into one twisty story, and I can't wait to see where this series from Lawson takes us next.
Kasumatata
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Compelling book

This was an amazing and compelling read, combining some of my favourite themes in one series. True crime versus RH? Yup, sign me up! Once I started reading, I just couldn't put it down.
Kelli Santistevan
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book.
Kayleigh henderson
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Well Angel Lawson you have done it again another page Turner. Loved this book the characters and the story had me gripped. Really want to read more just brilliant.
Jennifer G
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Senior year. The last year. Kenley is looking forward to the year, more to the future. This year could be better; better if things went back to how they once were. Back to when her best friend Rose was still her best friend and before Rose dated Kenley's nextdoor neighbor and crush Finn, when they all hung together with a close-knit group of friends. However, she knows it won't ever be like it was. Still, it's the last year, then she can leave Thistle Cove and start the rest, the best of her lif ...more
Anne
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I totally have a hate-love relationship with anything teenage/high school. Not really with teens and high school life but mostly how adults portray them. Worse is when I cringe. Because whenever I cringe, it's mostly when I feel bad and indignant on behalf of all young adults.

Admittedly, I did with most characters from this read. Esp with the heroine. There was something about the way she talked and got defensive real fast on behalf of her ex-friends that I almost thought she was the culprit. Bo
Lisa Maher
Shelves: rh
I love mystery novels. I love the ins and outs of trying to solve who did what to to who and why. Throw in an RH situation, and you have my attention more than if it was strictly a mystery novel. Angel Lawson has this amazing habit of creating characters that you want to latch onto and follow their story to the conclusion. Kenley Keene has been through a lot. She lost her "best friend" Rose, and the guy she cared about in one fell swoop in Freshman year. Now, she is senior and at the beginning o ...more
Keryn
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was instantly drawn into this fascinating dark tale that slowly begins to unravel. Best friends from childhood until freshman year when the person she trusted the most betrayed her. Kenley still missed her old BFF Rose, even after the betrayal and pain she'd caused. She hadn't just lost Rose, but the crew they always spent time with. Things are about to change and old friendships revisited when Rose suddenly vanished without a trace. Was something sinister actually going on? Did she truly know ...more
Marisa Valle
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really liked this one. It gave me Twin Peaks/Pretty Little Liars/Veronica Mars vibes. At first I was baffled by how everyone just let their relationships unravel but in reality it has happened to me as well so who am I to judge. LOL. I liked the female MC a lot because she seemed pretty level headed and didn't immediately drop her drawers at the slightest hint of interest from the guys. I guess I prefer slow burn but I have never understood the reasoning behind having a virginal female MC morph ...more
Hannah Brooker
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All the feels!

Angel Lawson is one of those authors that I just know will give me a good story and she didn't disappoint. The story compels you to keep reading. There are so many secrets that get uncovered and you get to the end knowing that not all secrets are uncovered yet. There were a few grammatical errors but nothing massively distracting. I'm so intrigued not just to know what happened to rose but to find out more about the guys. I have bad vibes from a few of the characters but I'm not su
Angie Kossina
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Innocence and intrigues

A murder mystery that leaves more questions. A fairly innocent high school senior who has never even been kissed gets dropped into discovering what happened to her ex childhood best friend disappearance. Through the journey she rekindles the friendship with 3 guys. I think it was fairly well written with each time you thought you got all the secrets uncovered another layer was peeled back and another secret exposed. It is definitely a young audience book as there is not re
LaSheba
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-young-adult
A very good story! Kenley is a high school senior with a healing broken heart. Three years ago, her ex- best friend, Rose and a long time crush, Finn betrayed her. Suddenly, Rose disappears and old wounds reopen among a former circle of friends.

One friend ponders: "Kenley is keeping secrets. I lean back and study the crowd...residents of Thistle Cove, and wonder who else has secrets that haven't come to the surface" (kindle p. 58).

The book has a good writing style, an engaging plot, and the cha
Melissa Gloria - Meli’s Books and Coffee
OMG!! I loved this book. I cannot wait for book 2. I was intrigued from the very beginning and I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Kenley is still not over her ex-best friend ditching her for the new girl that moved to town and then snagged the boy she was crushing on since she was 4 years old. But her and her town turns upside down when said ex-best friend vanishes. This story is crazy good and twisted. I didn't know who to believe and what was going to happen next. I can't wait for ...more
Anouk
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really don’t know what to say about this book

I really don’t know what to say about this book. I always have liked the books written by Angel and that is what kept me reading but this storyline wasn’t really my thing I think because it couldn’t keep me reading like I normally do. I had to stop a lot to do something else and then the story would be a interesting for a while when I started reading again. So because of the writing style I still give it a 4 stars but the story is (for me) a 3 stars
Joy Whiteside
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good read. From the moment that I started reading the first page I knew there was something special about this story. The characters are so real. You feel as though you have known them forever and you want to see them overcome everything that may get in their way of happiness. It moves along at a nice pace making for an easy read and the story is great. It will capture you and keep you interested all the way through. This is one book that must be read. no doubt about it.
Tash S
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down!

Rose Waller, the quintessential “it” girl has gone missing. In the small town of Thistle Cove it’s easy to think you know everything about everyone, but in Secrets We Keep it clear not everything is as it seems.
Kennley is a likable MC that has secrets of her own and leads us on a delightful journey. Together with Finn, Ezra, and Ozzy the mystery is unveiled.
I can’t wait for the next installment to see what happens next!!
Nora
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant start to new series by the amazing Angel Lawson, I've been following her books since the very start. This is an author to watch. This to me is a pretty unique story since it's mystery and RH in one book. Her ex-friend suddenly vanishes and her friends are going back to her. However they are trying to find out stuff about Rose, the ex-best friend that disappeared. Not all is what it seemed to be. A must read!
Leanne Stuart
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m accidentally stumbled across this book when it was free on Amazon! I’m so glad I did it has action, murder, intrigue and suspense!! Rose, Kenley’s exbesr friend has suddenly disappeared, leaving those left behind confused and bereft! No one knows why she leave she was spoilt, popular and a cheerleader but along the way we discover that was just a facade! U I can’t wait to read the rest there’s so much to discover and unfold!!
Che
The story was so engaging, every time i told myself one more chapter till i ended up finishing it in a couple of hours.

I must say that i personally dont consider this to be a thiller more mystery.

The plot is pretty solid, i have a few theories on who the "big bad"is .

Cant wait for the next part.

(Will do a proper review at a later time)
Lawanda Gail
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary Reverse Harem Mystery

Rose was the popular mean girl. She once was Kenley best friend. Now she is missing. Everyone is suspect. Was it murder or suicide? Rose was a drama queen . Did she just disappear to pop back up later? The answer may be in book 2. This one leaves a helluva cliffhanger. I wouldn't call this a YA. There are triggers.
Gloria Garcia
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Secrets We Keep

A captivating murder-mystery that introduces Kenley, Finn, Ozzy and Ezra of Thistle Cove where Rose, Finn’s girlfriend goes missing. It’s dark, gritty, angsty, secrets, suspenseful and an intriguing storyline. I’m definitely loving this new series and I highly recommend this book.
Megan
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 ✨✨✨

This was a very easy read. It was similar to Pretty Little Liars and Riverdale. There were some grammar and misspellings, but not enough to confuse the story. At times I felt like it was a bit childish and corny, but I’m still looking forward to finding out what happens.
B.C. C Morgan
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hooked!!

The moment I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. Even know I don’t believe everything that happened and can’t wait for the truth to be revealed. The characters are amazing and the depth to them really drags you in and makes you want to discover everything you can about them as they are now and their pasts.
Kendal
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I normally don't read mysteries, but Angel Lawson is such a great author, I had to try this book. I loved Kenley and all of the other characters. I don't want to give anything away because it is a mystery, but I can't wait until book 2 to see what else Kenley uncovers.
catherine lawrence(Nerd_who_reads)
Thrillingly good

This book deserves 5 stars. There are some discrepancies here and there but it takes absolutely nothing away from this story. I was pulled in from the very beginning. I'm a huge fan of mysteries and this book has it all.
Kim Latham
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never disappointed

I never know what to expect when I read an Angel Lawson’s books. The one thing I always am sure of is I will be sucked in an nothing I read is ever as easy as it may seem. I can’t wait for the next book in this series!
Jessica
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars I guess?

It was kinda lackluster. The big mystery seems kind of obvious, there's not really any emotion or feelings the reader gets and it was hard to get immersed in the story because it just all seemed lacking. I won't be reading the rest of the series.

• Changes and Chocolates (Untouchable #2)
  • Rules and Roses (Untouchable #1)
  • Keys and Kisses (Untouchable #3)
  • Family (Academy of Misfits #3)
  • Breathe You (Breathe Duet #2)
  • Pariah (Bridal Creek High #1)
  • Delinquent (Academy of Misfits #1)
  • Breathe Me (Breathe Duet #1)
  • Reject (Academy of Misfits #2)
  • Secrets In Her Eyes (Arlington Park, #1)
  • You Never Knew Me (The Never #1)
  • Whispers and Wishes (Untouchable #4)
  • Redemption (Bridal Creek High #2)
  • Wild In The Windy City: The Anthology Volume 3
  • The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)
  • The Judgement (Breakbattle Academy #3)
  • The Execution (Breakbattle Academy #2)
  • Scarlett XOXO

Thistle Cove (4 books)
  • Games We Play (Thistle Cove, #2)
  • Lies We Tell (Thistle Cove, #3)
  • Truths We Seek (Thistle Cove, #4)