Start by marking “To Sleep in a Sea of Stars” as Want to Read:
To Sleep in a Sea of Stars

To Sleep in a Sea of Stars

A brand new space opera on an epic scale from the New York Times bestselling author of a beloved YA fantasy series.

It was supposed to be a routine research mission on an uncolonized planet. But when xenobiologist Kira Navárez finds an alien relic beneath the surface of the world, the outcome transforms her forever and will alter the course of human history.

Her journey to
Expected publication: September 15th 2020 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about To Sleep in a Sea of Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Sleep in a Sea of Stars

Start your review of To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Stephanie L (catteabooks)
But the real question is, will there be space dragons?
✨ A ✨
well hello there new Christopher Paolini book. I don't even like reading sci-fi but I'll make an exception for you 😉

description
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
Excuse me, a new book by Christopher Paolini? High school Cece is thriving.
megs_bookrack

New Christopher Paolini and it is SciFi...

An epic Space Opera following a xenobiologist who discovers clues to an alien civilization and sets out looking for the truth?!?!

Releasing September 15th. I should have it in my hands by my birthday.

What a wonderful treat!
Charlotte May
New book from Christopher Paolini?!

Hell yes Im down with that!
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
I was wondering what the Eragon dude has been up to. I guess in between rolling around on piles of money, he found time to write a new book.

I like sci-fi, soooo
NAT.orious reads ☽
This better not be like what I've had to go through with his other series or I'll have a talk with little Christopher.

Ohhh update y'all: we have a cover!
Sherwood Smith
Plenty of ink has been spilled about Christopher Paolini's dreadful/wonderful fantasy series (depending on who you talk to). When I was a teacher, I read everything my junior high and high school students read. The younger ones in particular loved Eragon--to them the clunky prose, cliche characters, and undigested swathes of various popular movies plus Bruce Coville's work were invisible. Though I couldn't make it through the first book, I knew that if I'd encountered it as a kid, I too would ...more
Shaye Easton
Really couldn't care less if this was sci-fi or horror or even, dare i say it... contemporary fiction *shudders*, if Christopher Paolini is writing it, I'm reading it.
Rebecca Crunden
This looks so cool.
Ian Davis
Nov 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Why yes, the ten year old me that was obsessed with Eragon and that still lives in the shadows of my heart is screaming right now. What of it?
Sheila Goicea
Nov 21, 2019 marked it as 2020-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
Finally! It's been announced! This has been a long time in the making.
TheGryphonVera
THERE'S A SHUCKING NAME NOW. I AM DONE. I AM DECEASED. I HAVE NEVER FELT MORE COMPLETE.
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms  (Book.Enchantress)
Pre-read
Oh my God! the cover is beautiful! I'm covers with stars trash, especially the dark ones! & I thought that ugly (pre-cover) is the main cover & I was disappointed, but now.... Wow!
please be good? with this beautiful cover I want to love you!
ahobbitsbooks
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AHHHHHHHHHHHH, I HAVE KNOWN OF THIS SINCE MONTHS BUT I'M STILL SO DAMN EXCITED, I NEED IT
Grace
Most anticipated book of 2020 and I dont even read sci fi!

Its times like these when i wish I had a popular booktube channel so people (Christopher paolini and John Flanagan) would send me advanced copies or arcs.

*sigh*

Also how do I comment without marking it as read?
Evan Morgan
Christopher's secret project has finally been announced! It'll be extremely interesting to read something from him so different than the Inheritance Cycle.

But I want space dragons.

Lots of space dragons.
Annie (Putt)
3.5-4 stars

I received a partial eARC courtesy of Netgalley. eARC was approximately 100 pages long.

I'd like to go on record and say my lack of interest may perhaps stem from the fact that sci-fi is not at all my go-to genre. That being said, I also enjoy sci-fi. I'm simply picky about what I read.

Content warning ('cause I know some of you don't like this stuff): This is an ADULT book, and as such, it's obviously about people in their mid twenties/thirties. There is language. I wouldn't say it's a
Andy Angel
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First contact, potential immanent alien attack, humongous space battle, found alien artefacts - To Sleep In A Sea of Stars (part 1) has it all in spades. If you want cinematic Sci-Fi this should be right up your street.

Really enjoyed this. Never read Paolini before so didn't know what to expect but it all turned out fine. Science Fiction but without being too heavy on the science thankfully.

As this is only 'part 1' of the book it ends on a cliffhanger of sorts but does just what it should -
Keylin Rivers
WE ARE NOT WORTHY!
Phoebe Jeziel
Mar 09, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, syfy
Tbh this story sounds ambitious and I am full of hope that Paolini is going to do amazing and pull this off. He's been a favorite for about half my life and I need something new from him.
Brightness
Jan 01, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I never could bring myself to finish his dragon series...I forget what it was called. I read the first two when they were published and then called it quits. But he was 15 years old at the time, and a lot of time has passed, and I'm willing to dip my toes in this water.
Elsaa Thomas
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think is "Yo Sleep in a Sea of Stars" ;D
Anna Addams
A science fiction novel by Christopher Paolini?! SIGN ME UP!
Unseen Library
For this latest Waiting on Wednesday, I am going to take a look at an upcoming science fiction novel that I extremely and relentlessly excited for, To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini.

Can I just take a minute to express how awesome it is that a new Christopher Paolini book is coming out in the next few months. Paolini is a bestselling author who wrote The Inheritance Cycle, an epic young adult fantasy that featured dragons, magic and battles for freedom in an expansive fantasy
Emma Cathryne
Actual Rating: 3.5

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of the first ten chapters in exchange for an honest review.

Let me first start by saying that I was delighted to see Paolini return to the literary scene! And with a science fiction epic no less. I was obsessed with his Eragon series for YEARS as a wee young thing and am delighted to return to his books, this time both as a reviewer and as a fan.

In terms of the reviewI bounced back between 3 and 4 stars on this one, and
Hannah Vestal
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kira Navarez is a scientist with a passion for exploring new worlds. On a routine check of equipment on one of these worlds, Kira finds an artifact that ends up transforming her life forever...and the universe.

I just have to say, I literally could not put this book down. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and read this partial galley in one sitting.

While the synopsis gives hint that there is a malevolent force or beings in the universe, I was unsure starting the book what the tone
N3O
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is exciting! When Christopher Paolini came onto the scene it was with his Inheritance Cycle series. It was a hit with our family. We read each book with the kids and eventually they read them on their own. The anticipation for the release of any new book in the series was unequal to anything else at that time. Now, he has written another novel separate from those days. Having received a partial ARC of To Sleep in a Sea of Stars. It captured my attention from the beginning. It shows the ...more
Samantha
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Christopher Paolini's Eragon series and was unsure of how I'd feel about another. Although this genre is completely different than dragons and their riders, it does not disappoint! Paolini provides an alluring story set in another world with intriguing characters.
I will be adding this to my TBR in September on release day as I want to know how this adventure ends! Plus, the stunning cover alone will be a beautiful addition to any library or collection.

• Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • In Five Years
  • Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1)
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • Am I There Yet? The Loop-de-Loop, Zigzagging Journey to Adulthood
  • Postmortem (Kay Scarpetta, #1)
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Weave The Lightning
  • The Obsidian Tower (Rooks and Ruin, #1)
  • Things We Didn't Talk About When I Was a Girl: A Memoir
  • Cursed: An Anthology of Dark Fairy Tales
  • A Cosmology of Monsters
  • House of Chains (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #4)
  • The Battle of Hackham Heath (Ranger's Apprentice: The Early Years #2)
  • Fannie Farmer Baking Book
  • Reverie
  • Paula Deen  Friends: Paula Deen  Friends
Christopher Paolini was born on November 17, 1983 in Southern California. He has lived most of his life in Paradise Valley, Montana with his parents and younger sister, Angela. The tall, jagged Beartooth Mountains rise on one side of Paradise Valley. Snowcapped most of the year, they inspired the fantastic scenery in the Inheritance Cycle.

Christopher is grateful to all his readers. He is