Start by marking “A Pride of Brothers: Rick” as Want to Read:
A Pride of Brothers: Rick

A Pride of Brothers: Rick

(A Pride of Brothers)

Elite bodyguard and P.I. Rick Bannerman's job is to protect. He doesn't get emotional with his clients, but when a woman from his past is threatened, his next job becomes personal.

Family lawyer Abigail Laine is the target of a client's vengeful husband, but refuses Rick's offer of protection. He walked away from her four years ago, and she swore to forget him.

Now her
Published January 13th 2020 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about A Pride of Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pride of Brothers

Start your review of A Pride of Brothers: Rick
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

This was a fine read and despite the notion that someone was out to get out lead heroine Abigail, there was much action or suspense to completely win me over. I will notate I did like the dynamic between Abby and Rick, and their whole enemies/friends turned lovers bit but its just… it lacked that something something to make this an excellent read. Nevertheless, this was a swoon worthy read filled with some fun banter, mature romance, steamy moments, and strong leads that would definitely
Charlotte O'Shay
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When domestic relations attorney Abby Laine, the epitome of a strong, sexy woman and Rick Bannerman, ex-military bodyguard and investigator meet, sparks fly all over the place. But their emotionally stunted childhoods give them no reason to think the other would stick around for the long haul. So instead of even hooking up they stay well away from each other. Unfortunately because Rick has known Abby’s brother-in-law since childhood there’s no way to escape numerous social gatherings where Abby ...more
Kristi
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The characters are great and develop and grow throughout the story. The story line is interesting, well written and holds your attention from beginning to end. There's action, adventure, murder, suspense and drama that add to the depth of the story. Definitely recommend!

Peggy Jaeger
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book was so much fun to writer because when you take 2 powerfully independent ALPHA people and force them to be together and depend on one another, you can't help but have fun writing all the ways they avoid - and then eventually - come together! I hope you love Rick and Abby as much as I do.
Fleur
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Solid 4.5 star
this is the first in the A Pride of Brothers series and I am already hooked as it has the perfect blend of mystery, suspense, lustful attraction and great characters. Rick and Abby are great as they are as stubborn as each other and don't like letting people in however their attraction to each other that has been viewing for the last 4 years is about to come ahead. I really enjoyed getting to know Abby and Rick as well as learning more about the others that work with Rick along
Joyce Black
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely Familial dynamics; seven sisters - wow.

The main male and main female character`s were well described and did learn and grow throughout this story. Very good story that was well written and was so much more than `just`a romance tale; murder, mayhem, action, adventure, drama, trauma. Yet through all of this love bonding a family and then, the main male and female character`s.

Great reading that is highly recommended.

I voluntarily received an advance review copy of this novel via Booksprout
K
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think this may be my new favorite series by Peggy Jaeger if this first book in her new series, A Pride of Brothers, is anything to go by. Rick is tough but so is Abby, and she doesn't need anyone to protect her. The back and forth and chemistry between these two is excellent and makes reading this book a joy. There's danger and steam and family and friends, all tied together in this story that will keep you turning the pages to reach the end.
Jeanne Richardson
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Peggy Jaeger; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Jacki

The characters
Part of a series: A Pride of Brothers
Standalone
HEA

I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from Booksprout.
Carmen Davis
Shelves: arc-s
I loved this book so much! It was exciting, sexy, and hilarious. Rick and Abby were perfect. I loved their banter! The side characters were just as perfect and the plot really sucks you in right from the beginning. Rick and Abby have crazy chemistry and I loved watching them fall in love.

Barbara
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Part of the A Pride of Brothers a well written story with a very good storyline the story flowed smoothly from page to page. This is Rick Bannerman and Abigail Laine's story, there is suspense, drama, danger, twists, turns, shootings, and romance. I want to read more in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Donna
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a family lawyer named Abby who needs protection from a vengeful husband, and others, too, as it turns out. Rick works as a bodyguard, and chooses to protect her even though he was afraid to get close and fall in love with her four years before. But now, four years later, he moves in with her to keep her safe, as she is in great danger from someone who causes suspicious accidents and makes vicious attacks. Can Rick find the culprits responsible before Abby gets hurt? As he does ...more
Sam Miller
Sandra "Jeanz"
N.N. Light
Gwendolyn Jordan

• Whatever It Takes
  • Codename Romeo (Rogues and Rescuers Book 1)
  • Kirstie's Christmas: A BDSM Erotic Romance For Christmas (The Master's Child Book 4)
  • The SEAL's Unexpected Triplets
  • Darkness Overcomes
  • Bratva Billionaire (Russian Underworld, #3)
  • Out of Range (Ranger Ops #6)
  • Claimed By The Russian (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #129)
  • Her Deadly Defender (Securitech Inc. #2)
  • A Billionaire Gentleman (The Holden Brothers Book 1)
  • The Hitman's Desire: A Mafia Romance (John's book Book 1)
  • Accidental Love ( Special Forces Veterans # 1 )
  • I Belong To You
  • A Promise Kept
  • Warrior (First to Fight #2)
  • Woman of Mystery (A mystery and suspense second chance clean romance series Book 3)
  • Naughty Heroes: In And Out Of Uniform
  • Bought By The Italian Mafia (A Man Who Knows What He Wants #130)
Peggy Jaeger is the award winning author of the popular WIll Cook For Love series which includes Cooking With Kandy, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... and A Match Made in Heaven Series, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Peggy is a contemporary romance writer who writes #RomComs about #strong women, the families who support them, and the men who can’t live without them.

#Family and