Start by marking “King of Hearts (Kings of Karmichael #1)” as Want to Read:
King of Hearts (Kings of Karmichael #1)

King of Hearts

(Kings of Karmichael #1)

Derrik Tyler has it all. He’s a world-famous rock star with a legion of adoring fans and has obtained teen idol status. He even has a Hollywood starlet who wants nothing more than to be the only girl in his life. It’s a publicity stunt only his band knows about, but that’s not detracting her from trying to turn their fake relationship into a real one. Yep, he has it all. ...more
Published December 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about King of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King of Hearts

Start your review of King of Hearts (Kings of Karmichael #1)
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
I crashed out of this one relatively early (not quite 20%). This is pure wish-fulfillment fantasy so I try to give those their premise. Only that didn't work with Derrik. He's too perfect. He's well-adjusted, not interested in his fame or money, only wants the girl he left behind, is self-assured and open-hearted. His greatest flaw is that he's let himself be talked into a fake relationship with some young actress he has no interest in. Which also makes zero sense because even though Zoey, the ...more
Karen
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's for people in young adult or high school age but still super cool rockstar stuff.
S B
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorbs

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The angst was palpable through all of it.
Derrick and Zoey are in love. But she broke up with him because she didn't think she could handle being a rock star's girlfriend.

The story is about them dancing around their feelings. Well, mostly Zoey. Derrick knows exactly how he feels about her and tries his hardest to get her back. For me, what pulled on my emotions was the validity of both of their points.

She wants a normal life. Someone that is always there.
Stephanie
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dual-povs
Tandy Oschadleus
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read and reviewed an ARC copy - my first ever book read by RH Tucker. He describes his genre succinctly: "cute and edgy". The journey of Derrik and Zoey's relationship from dating to being best friends to trying to stay just friends is wrought with tension, romance and grappling with wanting what's best for the other - I couldn't put it down! The characters were authentic and relatable, and the exciting hold-your-breath-to-see-what-happens-next narrative, doused with humour! For sensitive ...more
Daydream.book.bliss
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off, I am really into rockstar books as of late + this one didn’t disappoint. It’s a clean young adult book that keeps your interest + was really cute. I loved Derrik + I loved that Zoey wasn’t some spoiled, self centered person but a selfless one to let Derrik live his dream.
I found RH Tucker this year because of Kindle Unlimited + he has not disappointed me yet! I can’t wait for EJ’s book so we get a deeper look at the King of Nice.
Jennifer Dale
Dual POV.
I actually enjoyed this read but could have been a 5 star if the heroine wasn't so whiny. If I had been Becca aka heroine's best friend, i would have had to put cotton balls in my ears with all the whining going on.

Besides that, I enjoyed the rock star setting. and can't wait to hear about EJ, King of Nice :)
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
King of Hearts is a fun HEA with a well written storyline that flows nicely. The main characters have depth and are realistic in a guy/girl next door kind of way.
I received an ARC and have chosen to give my honest review.
Leisa Prater
Bea LaRocca
Janet Watson

• Girl at Heart
  • Enemies
  • Playing The Field (The Trouble with Tomboys Book 3)
  • My Billionaire's Secret Dreams (The California Billionaires #3)
  • Fake-dating the Single Dad: A Standalone Sweet Nanny Romance (Gems of Love Book 3)
  • Puck (Broken Hill Boys, #1)
  • Ali & the Too Hot, Up-to-No Good, Very Beastly Boy (Jackson High Series, #1)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • Safety in the Friendzone
  • My High School Christmas Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Series, #1)
  • Season of Mercy
  • The Apple Tree
  • Suddenly Forbidden (Gray Springs University, #1)
  • The Pepper Jones Series
  • Hanging On
  • A Lesson in Love: A Sweet Teacher Student Romance
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys Book 1)
RH Tucker lives in Southern California, writes cute & edgy YA romance, and drinks too much caffeine.

I’m a firm believer that Rocky Road is the absolute best flavor of ice cream in the world, although if I must, I will settle for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

You can sign up for my newsletter and get the FREE short story, One of a Kind, at:

You can also

Kings of Karmichael (2 books)
  • King of Nice (Kings of Karmichael #2)