Start by marking “Queen of Corvids (Raven Crawford, #3)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Corvids (Raven Crawford, #3)

Queen of Corvids

(Raven Crawford #3)

Truth can be ugly and part-time waitress, casual PI investigator, and half-fae shifter, Raven Crawford, can’t deny she owes the Lord of War a favour. If she defaults on her debt, she relinquishes all her power to a man who doesn’t know the meaning of mercy. And she thought her bank loans were bad.

With her new role in the Underworld contending with her debt to a dictator, a
350 pages
Published March 31st 2020 by JCM Publications

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Corvids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Corvids

Start your review of Queen of Corvids (Raven Crawford, #3)
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received a free copy from the publisher via Netgalley and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

Another great book in the series. I really enjoy these books. They are super fun to read and have just the right amount of humor, romance and action in them. The writing is also great, it goes fast and just sucks you into the world of Raven.

This book was a lot about Raven finding her footing and independence in the underworld. Cole gave her the freedom to learn and yet w

Tricia
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's immensely satisfying when a book delivers exactly what you were hoping for. I was really hoping to see Raven come into her own and level the playing field more between her and Cole and this addition to the series was precisely what I was hoping for. Raven still has much to learn but she takes some big bada*s strides in the right direction here.

All the things I've mentioned in reviews of the previous two books still hold true for this one. These books are quick fun reads that pull you in qu
Alison
Having enjoyed the first two books in the series I was eager to get my hands on an ARC of the third book. I have to say, at first I was a bit disappointed. It was slow and seemed to have degenerated into some NA parody of how hot is my supernatural boyfriend. I even stopped reading for weeks/ months past the release date, but because I feel the need to finish a book, or at least give it a fair shot before I DNF it, I picked it up again last night for one last try. And blow me, I loved it. Take i ...more
Marta Cox
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well the third and possibly last book about Raven is a fast paced romp full of suspense and lots of humour. Raven has come a long way from just being a waitress and as she's now Queen of the Corvids she still has a lot to learn but trust me she's most definitely getting there. So what has she got to face this time ? Ok she still owes the Lord of War a favour , her father's goat is missing , she's coming to terms with her assassin bodyguard, greedy Trolls are definitely up to something and then t ...more
Meghan Lloyd
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having read this series since the first book, I can say that this is the best book yet! It has all the classic comedy, angst, and drama that I have come to expect from J.C. McKenzie, and then it piles on mystery and more interesting characters. Just when I thought I knew everyone, she introduces characters that make me want to see some more books following them. Maybe some novellas with backstories. I would absolutely be on board with that.

Raven is still getting used to her Queen status and life
Kameron
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

4.5 stars (review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

What I loved about Queen of Corvids, using the alphabet as my guide.

It’ll be hard, but I’ll try my best not to reveal spoilers. Heads up, some lines will make sense after reading the story, so I encourage you all to buy/read Queen of Corvids!

Proceed with caution!

Assasins

Bane, a character you’ll love to hate.

Chad Berkley, aka Tarzan. I hope we see more of this Roller!

Dungeon has visitors.

Erebus. I rather liked his inter
Lisa
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to be Raven when I grow up!!!

This is the third book following Miss Badass Raven and her crazy adventures. I love these books. Raven has heart, she's no pushover and loves fiercely. With all of that, she continues to make enemies along the way, The Lord of War is a particular pain in the ass, as are the Trolls and Shifter gangsters. If you've gone this far, you probably love Raven, Cole and Rourke, such great characters, as well as Ravens family. Her family brings me such laughter and joy,
Dee
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent.

A much needed respite for me.

There was so much going on in this book but it all fit together perfectly in my opinion.

Raven continues to grow in the knowledge of her power and surely is learning that with great power comes great responsibility. I loved that she embraced her own insecurities and shortcomings because it allowed her to be vulnerable and become stronger for those whom she loved.

I enjoyed seeing the cast of old characters and being introduced to some new characters as well.
Andreajanel
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A huge thanks to the author and Netgalley for providing me with an ARC of this title in exchange for an honest review.

I love this series because it seamlessly weaves together ancient Celtic and Norse mythology into a breathtaking urban fantasy landscape. The heroine is snarky and fiercely independent. The cast of secondary characters is amazing. The villains and the heroes are complex.

Raven Crawford reluctantly claims her inheritance. She agrees to let the Lord of Shadows train her to use her
Red Ink Book Reviews
Queen of Corvids (A Raven Crawford Novel) – J. C. McKenzie

I was kindly provided with a copy of this book in order to give an honest review.

There are three books in the “Raven Crawford” series by J. C. McKenzie starting with “Conspiracy of Ravens” followed by “Nevermore” and “Queens of Corvids”. Prior to reading “Queens of Corvids” I have only read “Nevermore”.

With “Queens of Corvids” we are once again along for the ride as Raven Crawford, the new Queen of Corvids, comes to terms with yet another
Sonja
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I legitimately stalked Netgalley for this book for weeks in my excitement to have it. And if I'm honest, I was a little disappointed in it. Oh, it was still amazing. Hence the four stars. I mean, I LOVE Cole, I love Raven, and I love Rourke. It's just, there wasn't a lot of Cole and Raven together and so much of what was dealt with seemed petty and quickly taken care of. What should have been the main things and most interesting ones dealing with the Others and Gods, were sprinkled in here and t ...more
Miki
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was first published on my blog "Lecture toute une Aventure"

Great book! Really all went up in this instalment more action, more fights, more fun , more violence ( then dark fae are violent) and more steam! It's just wonderfully written to have us hooked right at the beginning.

Raven is trying to adjust to her new position of Queen of Corvids while staying alive and pay her debt to Bane...but she still has a lot to learn despite having Cole as an advisor as well as a lover....I loved to
Ashley Reyes
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley.

This is the third in the series, and I have enjoyed them all so far. The plot picks up some of the unfinished business from the last book, (the block on travel, the conspiracy, the court politics) and hits the ground running. There are still the constant threats Raven is facing- both from blackmail and those who want her court, but there are other things to deal with first. This time, there are more layers to the plot, and t
Nicole
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was another enjoyable read in the Raven Crawford series. Raven is adjusting to her new position as the Queen of Corvids but who knew it came with those who possess some corvid powers that want to steal the power for themselves? As if Raven does not have enough on her plate. She has a crazy family, whom she loves to pieces and would do anything for. Her lover is the Lord of Shadows, Cole, and has a guardian protector in Rourke. However, Raven always finds trouble or trouble finds her. She ne ...more
Anne Szlachcic
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in the series and I would recommend reading the previous books to put the characters in their place and setting .

Raven is now Queen of the Corvids , and still coming to terms with what that really means .
She has debts to pay , her job is in the balance , but one ray of light is her budding romance
with the Lord of Shadows - he is just what her grandmother warned about !!!
Her father's goat is missing , the Trolls are up to something , the Lord of War is putting pressure on he
Pamela
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raven is still coming into her own as Queen of the Corvids. As per usual, Raven's got a million different things going on. When she's not fighting off attacks, she's busy navigating the Underworld and taking on cases. Her most current is her father's missing goat.

Raven overextends herself trying to do it all. Luckily, she has the Lord of Shadows, Cole, by her side. She gains a badass bodyguard thanks to him. Now, on to how to solve all of her other problems.

Author J.C. McKenzie's RAVEN CRAWFORD
S.J. Fowler
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always love a great story with sass, badassery, fantasy, and humor. This book delivers on all four in heaps. I couldn't put this story down, as with all J.C. McKenzie books!

It has an interesting twist on urban fantasy and shadow magic. I love the complexity of all the characters. There's always a wonderful blend of relatable real-life problems/feelings amid the fantastic action. I can relate to every character in their pains and desires, which is always nice to feel in a story. To top it off,
Kate
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr
Third book of the Raven Crawford series. I believe this is the last for Raven, but I saw on the author's website that stories are planned for Bear and Mike!

I've read all three and have really enjoyed the series. It's fun and features a kick-ass lady. This book wraps up Raven's journey into accepting her position as the Queen of Corvids. She's learning more about the politics and intrigue of the fae world. She's struggling with not wanting to be dependent on Cole but it's not easy. There's mafia
Ashbonn
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is exactly what every paranormal romancer loves about this genre! The author’s style is unique but she builds a great storyline for her readers and stays true to her characters. You can feel Raven’s confidence build as well as feel the world within becoming more complex and vivid. This ARC was provided by #netgalley but all thoughts and opinions are my own. I rate this a five out of five and would suggest it for anyone wanting a fun read! I don’t want to give too much away in this re ...more
Emily Dickson
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Raven was wonderful in this story as she had to deal with a to do list. Cole was also wonderful and these two get closer. Add in her family with also involves who stole her dad's spite goat. Lots of action and some humor made this another fantastic story in this series! Love how Raven is involved with her family and takes on more in order to protect them. Loved it!! I am voluntarily reviewing an arc. ...more
Debra
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Cool

I read the first three books while sick and neglected to leave reviews. Blame it on the fever. Raven has really come into her own as Queen of Covids. No one should ever, ever mess with her family. With the Lord of Assassins at her side, she can be very effective at making sure you don't make that same mistake twice. Really enjoyed the storyline and watching this particular character grow.
Michelle
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book blew me away. I love Raven, she is a fantastic character and I love how she grows, over this series as well as in this book. I couldn't put it down. Seeing the other characters, from the beginning to the end, change and grow or reveal their true faces was a fantastic end to the series. J.C. McKenzie has once again written a brilliant and entertaining story that captivated me. ...more
Tina
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Queen of Corvids was action-packed! We spent more time in the dark fae world, more magic, danger, fae characters. Raven is coming into her own badassery as queen.

Overall I really enjoyed Queen of Corvid. It took me into another world where trolls controlled bridges, mob boss like shifter gangs who blackmail, multiple realms, gods, bad boy assassins. I'm definitely interested in more books in this series, I would love to dive into more characters and this whole world in general.
Annalisa
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raven is a beautiful main character. I enjoyed the witty and sometimes snarky banter between her and the other characters. There is non-stop action and elaborate fighting with a freaking scythe! This book is fire!
If you are looking for an extraordinary series, than I definitely recommend you read this one.
Heather Bane
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 of the Raven Crawford series. First off the cover is amazing. The storyline and characters are very well put together and engaging. This is a story that grabs you from the start and pulls you into the book and is hard to put down. I would recommend reading.

Helen Wawrejko
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a smashing end to the story arc. Raven honors her favor to War as assassins try to kill her and take the throne. She comes into her power as Queen with Cole by her side. Gloriously vengeful battles leave us giddy as she fights with her scythe. Powerful players in the underworld make cameo appearances, and we get a HEA. I will miss these characters. Nice series.
Pat Amsden
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Magic and Mystery Mixed With Love

If you've been following along on Raven's journey I suspect you already know and love her. If not you will.

She's learning more about her powers and also the perks. People do die, she may have to kill the odd one of two herself. But it's never done lightly or easily.

Cole is still her protector wanting to wrap her in bubble wrap.
Jacquie
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the whole series is in with the !!!!🌟🌠 i am bed bound so this is a new world for me to visit .look forward to more books!!!

I would tell anyone i know or don't know to read J.C. McKenzie books . thank you for sharing. Jacqui Scherr
Tristan Burbridge
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story line and character work were good. The book had a fairly smooth flow to it. This was a great addition to the series and kept me entertained.

Regina Kiddy
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raven the new queen, Cole the master of the shadows and in love with Raven, together they fight dark fae kings, queens and bunch of others! You can read this as a stand-alone but it’s better to read the previous stories to get the background. What’s a girl to do when she has to wear an Armoured bra with little else in order to appear at court!

"I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own."

• Sabotaged (Sundance, #3)
  • Heart of Vengeance (Alice Worth, #6)
  • Don't Rush Me (Nora Jacobs #1)
  • Dead to Me (Grave Talker, #1)
  • Shadows & Surrender (The Jezebel Files #3)
  • Heart of Shadows (Alice Worth, #5)
  • Twilight's Herald (Aileen Travers, #5)
  • Broken Loyalty (Jacky Leon, #3)
  • Echo of Bone (Tara Knightley, #2)
  • Witch's Sorrow (Alice Skye #1)
  • Flame (Dark Kings #17)
  • Dominated by the Alien Driver (The Novans, #8)
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand, #2)
  • Sinner: A Prequel to the Mongoliad (Foreworld)
  • Highball and Chain: A Mafia Romantic Comedy (Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club Book 2)
  • Absinthe Minded (Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club Book 1)
  • War Song (The Rift Chronicles, #2)
  • Omegas in Love (Vanguards, #4)
J. C. McKenzie is a book loving, gumboot-wearing, unapologetic science geek. She predominantly writes urban fantasy and post-apocalyptic dystopian fantasy with strong romantic elements. When she’s not spinning tales, she’s in the classroom sharing her passion for science and mathematics while secretly warping the young impressionable minds of our future to carry out her evil plans for world domina ...more

Raven Crawford (3 books)
  • Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford, #1)
  • Nevermore (Raven Crawford, #2)