Start by marking “Hounds, Harvest, and Homicide : A Pooch Party Cozy Mystery (The Pooch Party Cozy Mystery Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:

When Missy Kingston brings her pooch party program to an annual gala fundraiser for the city's local women's shelter, she didn’t expect a murder.

But when the most prominent financial contributor to the shelter is found dead, the big night comes to a halt.

The suspect list is big, but Missy knows one person who shouldn't be on it, her friend Max Hoover. Missy vows to
Published November 19th 2019 by Magnum Grace Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hounds, Harvest, and Homicide , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hounds, Harvest, and Homicide

Start your review of Hounds, Harvest, and Homicide : A Pooch Party Cozy Mystery (The Pooch Party Cozy Mystery Series Book 2)
JoAn
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cozy-mystery
Hounds, Harvest and Homicide by Carolyn Ridder Aspenson was an intriguing cozy mystery. There are several suspects, plenty of twists and a smoothly paced plot that kept me reading.
I confess that Missy did disappoint me in this one. Don't get me wrong, I like Missy and her determination to help her friends and the shelter animals. However, she seemed to be jumping from one conclusion to another in this story. She kept assuming that the information she was getting was true without verifying any of
Micky Cox
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nothing worse than getting snowed in with a killer unless it's a killer that thinks you know too much! An excellent second book in this new series! The author further enhances each characters' unique personality so that you feel like you are getting to know them even better which strengthens the plot as you become invested in the characters outcomes! I can't wait to see what happens next, what animals we'll meet in the future and what will happen in each characters personal lives! I am so loving ...more
Wulfwyn
I really like this new cozy mystery series from Carolyn Ridder Aspenson. In my opinion, it’s more than a cozy mystery. It has the things you associate with cozy mysteries, the good people, small town feeling, animals, (a lovely mix), and of a good mystery. But then the author goes further. The animals come from the shelter that is a huge part of the main character’s life. It’s not just background noise. You learn a lot about shelter life and the pets up for adoption. You may think it’s a ...more
Rosemary K
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Missy Kingston loves animals. In fact she helped set up a nonprofit animal shelter. I admire her dedication to the animals. Her plan to have a pooch party is inspired. It allows the children living at the women's shelter to play with the pups during the fundraiser for to help the women. Unfortunately murder puts an end to the festivities. George Watson is dead. Who killed him and why? After all he just made a generous donation to the women's shelter. Missy wants to help find the killer. She's ...more
Carole Craddock
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book of a fantastic new series. Missy Kingston, a widow, has donated a good amount of her late husband's life insurance proceeds to start and run a training program for shelter dogs to make their adoption chances greater. However, she seems to frequently find herself in the middle of murder investigations! In this book, Missy finds herself trying to prove the innocence of her longtime friend, Max, and is getting too involved with local politics in the process. I just love this ...more
Angel Ballard
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally! A cozy nosey sleuth gets an eye opener!
I love cozy mysteries. They are fun, easy to read and I don't need to stress myself out...after all, I'm reading to relax. But in nearly all of them the main character's actions are so over the top that it's impossible to ever see them as realistic at all. Missy, in this story, sometimes makes me want to slap her b/c she is just too unbelievable in what she does and says to people. And no real cop would EVER let her get away with some of things she
Monica
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Carolyn Ridder Aspenson has done extensive research into the world of dog training and shelters. This series would be an excellent guide if you ever thought about volunteering in the shelters. So much detail, you can almost see yourself there. Missy has the greatest friends and family. So supportive. The mystery was deep in the political world, or was it. Lots of twists, lots of suspects, and definitely a surprise ending. Everyone needs a friend like Max in their life.
Renee Arthur
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Missy is a widow with two dogs and helps run the local animal shelter. She also has a knack of being around recently dead bodies. She can't keep her nose out of an investigation and has some good ideas. They're not always right, but she does eventually find a killer. This cozy mystery has a good plot and I love the main characters. I also love animals, so the whole shelter side of the book grabs me too. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down!

I received an Advanced Readers Copy of this
Krystyna
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
In sickness and in health.

A terrific read that would have gotten a 5* but for the big No, No. When Kerry changed to Mary - there are other proofing errors but that is a huge one. A wonderful plot of murder, abused women, money and love. Great to see the characters put there own special mark on the story.
It all started at the Fund raiser for the women's shelter with the murder of the man who was the money behind a planned expansion. That is if he could get the motion passed. He had argued with
Sue Buck
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second in the series of The Pooch Party Mystery and could be a stand alone but if you want to know the characters better then you should read the fist one too.

Missy Kingston a widow with a grown daughter funded the animal shelter for something to do each day. She spends a lot of her time at the shelter with the animals and has adopted two dogs of her own named, Allie and Bandit. While at the latest Pooch Party located at the Women's Shelter, George Watson is found dead! Missy's
John A. Sillasen
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute But More Readers Digest than Cozy Murder Mystery

Granted there is a murder or two, can't let you in on all the secrets without reading the story. Typical of her writing style, Carolyn Ridder Aspenson has this take set in a small town in Georgia. Of course she's friendly with the Sheriff, a common theme in her books,there's always law enforcement close to the protagonist. No paranormal here at all, not really a romance novel either. More a who dunnit murder mystery from a but-in-ski mom.
Kirsten
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Missy is at a function for the local women's shelter when a person ends up dead. When Max is found to be a suspect for the murder, Missy takes it upon herself to investigate what really happened, to try to clear his name.

This is a fun series with all the animals, and the characters are enjoyable to read, but I do think that for someone who is supposedly shy and stand-offish, Missy is very confrontational and seems to have no issue accusing people (wrongly) of murder. I do enjoy reading the
Sandy
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A contentious politician is murdered during a winter gala. With Missy’s friend on the suspect list, she sets out to find the true villain. This was a very enjoyable read and I was kept guessing until the very end. The plot is rich and multi-layered, the characters are well-developed and believable and the prose moves the story right along. I received this book free and chose to make a voluntary, unbiased review.
Leah Hines
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Missy has gotten into another mystery and it's a doozey. The author has a way of making the characters come to life and I feel like we are really getting to know them in this one. There were times I laughed and times I wanted to reach into the pages and shake Missy. I am really enjoying the animal shelter aspect of this series. It makes me want to run to our shelter and bring them all home.
Barb Foerst
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Missy Kingston runs the town’s animal shelter. She has taken her pooch party to the gala fundraiser for the women’s shelter. During the night one of the town’s largest benefactor is killed. Missy worries that her friend Max will be jailed for murder. As Missy jumps from one theory to the next, the murderer goes after Missy.

Nice story with great characters.
Beatrice Followill
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Missy and her cute puppies attend a Fashion Fundraiser for the local woman's shelter. While she is there a murder takes place , unfortunately her good friend Max is a suspect , Despite the politics, snow storm and shelter pups responsibility's , Missy will do everything she can to get the police to see the light!
Jeri L
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Well Crafted Tale

Missy has some issues, but also has a good heart. She wants what’s best for the dogs and cats at the local shelter. She also wants what’s best for her daughter. If only she didn’t keep stumbling across murders. This is a great whodunnit that keeps you guessing until the very end.
Nadine
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommend!

I just LOVE this series! I love the dogs! And Missy can’t help herself, when a body is found and Max needs help, she puts herself in danger again! Along with the mystery, with twists and turns, there’s also a lot about the shelter. Very interesting as well as entertaining. And so well-written! I really believe that if you love cozies and pets, then you’ll love this one for sure!
Thomas
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a prominent donator is found dead at a charity for a local women's charity, Missy Kingston determines to find his killer.
To the despair of her daughter, Missy just can't seem to keep herself out of trouble.

This is another fun story from Carolyn Ridder Aspenson.
Darla Abney-Cox
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another fun book in the series. When a man is killed at a fund raiser when Missy is present, she goes about locating the killer. Max is temporarily a suspect. Can she trust him? I can’t wait for the next book in the series.
Bev
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything...murder, politics ( not too much), and the old evil money plus animals!!! Another great story as only Carolyn can write them. I can't wait for the next one! I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
BookDragons
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Missy is back to using her detective skills when George Watson turns up dead at a fundraiser for the women's shelter he is the biggest donor for. While Det. Bruno arrests one guy, Missy thinks someone else did it. Who's the killer?
Jennifer Wertz
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Hounds, Harvest and Homicide. This is a fun, interesting mystery. I really like the characters and enjoy the animal shelter setting is great. I love all the wonderful dogs. The plot is interesting and the mystery has many twists that kept me guessing right until the end.
E
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
Great Series

Wow! Great book, never figured out who did it until the author revealed it towards the end of the book. Enjoyed every minute of this book I can't wait for more.
Donna Branton
Marie
Nov 25, 2019

• Holiday Roast Mortem
  • Curses and Candy Canes: A Paranormal Mystery Christmas Anthology
  • Stamped Out (A Mail Carrier Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Australian Witch Box Set: Prequels to Miss Spelled: Two Witch Cozy Mysteries
  • The Halloween Onesie Spell: Witch Cozy Mystery (The Kitchen Witch Book 13)
  • New Orleans Nightmare (A Roxy Reinhardt Cozy Mystery Book 2)
  • Tattoos and Clues (Mitzy Moon #2)
  • Frosted Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries Book 5)
  • Fries and Alibis (Mitzy Moon #1)
  • Valleys, Vehicles & Victims (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #9)
  • Curses and Cauldrons: A Paranormal Halloween Mystery Anthology
  • Fan Mail: An Aspen Adams Novel of Suspense
  • Poison by Punctuation (Chalkboard Outlines Book 2)
  • Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • Assailants, Asphalt & Alibis (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #8)
  • Wings and Broken Things: Paranormal Cozy Mystery (Mitzy Moon Mysteries #3)
  • Candy Slain
  • Lonesome Spirits: A Chocolate Magic Cozy Mystery
Carolyn Ridder Aspenson currently calls the Atlanta suburbs home, but can't rule out her other two homes, Indianapolis and somewhere in the Chicago suburbs.
She is old enough to share her empty nest with her husband, two dogs and two cats, all of which she strongly obsesses over, repeatedly noted on her Facebook and Instagram accounts, and is working on forgiving her kids for growing up and