Start by marking “Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)” as Want to Read:
Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)

Gaining Miles

(Miles Family #5)

“Now there was nothing holding me back. I kissed her deeply, passionately. Kissed her for every time I’d wanted to and couldn’t. For every time I’d stared at her with longing in my heart, wishing we could be where we were now.”

It’s never too late.

Loving a woman you can’t have isn’t easy. Ben Gaines knows this all too well. He endured the slow torture of watching Shannon Mi
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 140 pages
Published November 18th 2019 by Always Have, LLC (first published April 5th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Gaining Miles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gaining Miles

Start your review of Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Gaining Miles is book five in the Miles Family series by Claire Kingsley. Even though I felt like I had enough closure when I finished book four, Leo’s book, Hidden Miles, I didn’t realize that I needed more until I had it. This book is Shannon, the matriarch of the Mile’s Family’s story, and Ben, the man who has spent a lifetime loving her from afar. This book wrapped up this series perfectly and also set up the spin off series Claire is working on.

Shannon Miles is Fifty seven years old and sp
Tracy  C
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ben and Shannon together at last!!! I love that the opening chapter was their first meeting. And I have 2 words...TODDLER COOPER!!! In true Cooper style, he plays a pivotal roll in the start of a their beautiful friendship.
After 25+ years Benjamin Gaines decides that the time is right to claim his family. He begins with the typical Miles way of declaring his intentions. After a few false starts, he launches a gentle assault on Shannon to show her that she is worthy of a second chance at love.
T
book bruin
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Audiobook Review

Overall 4 stars
Performance 5 stars
Story 3.5-4 stars

Finally Ben and Shannon's story! This little novella was the perfect way to close the Miles Family series. I have been waiting for these two to get their HEA from the start and John Lane and Donna Postel were fantastically cast. John Lane was especially wonderful and his deep gravelly voice was so perfect as steadfast and loyal Ben. This is my first time hearing Donna Postel, but I was very pleasantly surprised. There isn't a who
Miriam
5 stars audio.
5 stars too short story. I wish I could find more romances with both MCs in their 40s and 50s.
Maria
Shelves: favorites
This is the perfect ending of a series that stole my heart. It took 26 years to finally gain the love of Shannon but Benjamin was patient enough to wait because deep inside he was sure that she would be his forever. This novella is a combination of an anticipation that will lead to the fulfillment of a dream that has been denied for so long. Indeed the author has demonstrated that perseverance soon or later will bear its fruits. I am such in awe with these two characters firstly because I admire ...more
Tina
Cute novella and a nice capper to the series. Features two ever 50 protagonists which is a nice change.
Cherry Bob*omb
Kind of boring? They were supposed to be olds, but apart from saying "I'm too old to date", nothing about these characters read any different than the other books in the series. In fact, I almost felt like I'd read their story, as the characters repeated what they had already said in the other books and there was almost no tension to be resolved.
NovelMomma
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved the Miles family from the very beginning which made this book equally dreaded and anticipated. If ever two characters deserved a happy ending, it was Ben and Shannon. We've come to know and love them throughout this series, and Claire gave them the ending they absolutely deserved.

I absolutely loved the way everything came together in this book. The flashback glimpses of the Miles kids were the icing on the cake. Not only did Claire send this series off in style, the epilogue has me
Brandi
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, arc
Let's be honest, we've been watching this from the sidelines for four books now. And we've been waiting to see Ben and Shannon get their turn at happiness and love.

Claire Kingsley most definitely delivers with this story. It won't be one you forget.
Alex
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have so many words I want to say about this book, but the best one to describe how I feel is, PERFECTION!!! Ben is everything that I hoped he would be and so much more. I ugly cried my way through most of this book and I don’t regret a single second of it.

Shannon is a beautiful, strong, intelligent woman moving forward after years in an unhappy marriage. Her children and grandchildren are her life now and watching them blossom has fulfilled her, but is that really all she has left to look forw
Debbie
Shelves: books-read-2019
What can I say - Claire has managed to capture the end of this series perfectly. This is a novella, but oh my goodness it finishes off the series on a high!

The love a man has for a woman over so many years is truly touching. Ben has watched Shannon raise a family with a man who doesn’t appreciate her or really love her. Ben has secrets which no one is aware of, until he finally lets Shannon in!

Shannon is a mother of 4 grown children, she has been cheated on and betrayed over and over again. In B
Natalie
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love that Ben finally gets his HEA. He was so patient and loving to the whole family and deserved to be part of this family more than almost anyone. This was such a great way to cap off the Miles Family.
READ ME ROMANCE
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew from the first page that I was going to love Gaining Miles. Having read the previous four books, and getting to know on an intimate level the entire Miles family and the loves of their lives, book 5 in this series ends beautifully. So heartwarming. No stone was left unturned.

Everything came full-circle as the book begins with Benjamin Gaines meeting a two-year old Cooper in the family’s vineyard. If you read the series, and you MUST start at the beginning, you will laugh out loud and kno
Notorious Book Tease
Through all the Miles Family books we have been watching the relationship develop between Ben and Shannon. Luck for us readers, Ms. Kingsley had mercy on us and gave us an epic end to the Miles family saga with a happily ever after for Ben and Shannon.

Shannon Miles is a loving mother to four grown children and an astute business woman. She was a dedicated wife. Unfortunately, her dedication as a spouse was not returned. Throughout the previous books we have learned that Lawrence, Shannon’s husba
Peggy R
This was a fantastic end to the Miles Family series. Shannon and Ben are terrific characters. Throughout the series readers have watched their growing attraction to each other but it was never quite right; their clocks weren't in sync. Claire Kingsley did a wonderful job of creating two characters who have been through a lot in their lives - loss, betrayal, divorce and loneliness. Shannon is a mother of four whose husband cheated on her and betrayed her with respect to the family winery. She bel ...more
sara ☀️
Jun 07, 2020 rated it liked it
I’d lost a family once, and it had nearly destroyed me. But the family I was gaining filled my heart and soul. I loved these people. Had for years. They were my life.
And what a life it was.

3.75

This novella was adorable and I loved being able to read about Ben and Shannon finally being together after watching him be in love with her for so long. It was a great closure to this series and, even though I first met them through the Bailey Brothers series, it ended up being even better than I exp
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Finally we get Ben and Shannon's story!! This was a perfect ending to a series that has set Claire Kingsley apart form other authors. Every book has had characters we all have fallen in love with, storylines that had us wiping tears from our eyes as well as laughing out loud. But this book was the icing on the cake. Ben has loved Shannon from afar for numerous years, only to watch her fall apart over and over at the hands of her ex-husband. Now that the divorce is final, all of the kids help Ben ...more
Bridget Hobden
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. I loved that this book has finished the series, and that Shannon who went through a lot of hell in this series....got her HEA. We also got to have a sneaky peek at what Roland, Brynn, Cooper and Leo are up to a wee bit into the future.
Dating when your a bit older is complicated and a bit messy and also hard because you have emotional baggage that needs to be set aside....and i loved how this book dealt with that. Benjamin is the truest gentleman and EXACTLY what Shannon needed.
PLUS
Stephanie
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awww..... I am so glad that Shannon and Ben got their HEA. Now I am dying to read about what's going on with Asher and Grace! ...more
Alexis
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so grateful that we got Ben and Shannon's story!! They both deserved a beautiful HEA and this book delivered!! This was the perfect send off for the Miles family, my heart is so happy and content!
Kayla
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved every bit

2nd time reading this series and I love it even more than I did the first time. Cooper is my favorite, I hope we got to see cameos or a novella of him with kids.

The first time I read this, I wasn't sure I would love Shannon's story as much as her kids' stories, but CK wove it together perfectly. Ben and Shannon's live was sweet and organic, and it was her perfect HEA after the hell of being with a sh!**y sperm donor for decades.

It really feels like Ben is the real dad of this se
Lona Mccombie
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful, fitting way to end this fabulous, must-read series! Do not fear my friends who are afraid of reading about an older couple! Claire is a genius with her words and you will fall in love with Ben...HARD! He is so swoon-worthy! I love Ben and Shannon’s story so much and anticipated their relationship from Book One and this book was EVERYTHING!
Peggy
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It isn't often we are treated to a mature couple. This book is a rare delight. Shannon and Ben are such wonderful characters. The love they have for each other comes alive on the pages. The joy the rest of the family feels for them is a huge part of why this book is so very touching. They both faced great suffering in the past. It fills me with happiness to see them get their hea.
Esha Aeron
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect ending to one of my favorite series... I recently binge read the first 4 novels of this series and was waiting for this one.. This one gave Ben and Shannon the sweet and simple happy ending they deserved.. Loved it!!
Kari
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this!

This novella was the perfect ending to the series. I love that it was toddler Cooper’s crazy that kept Ben with the family. I just wish this book was longer!
BookishStacy
Shelves: arc
Oh my goodness! What can I say about this book besides it was everything?
From the moment we met Ben and Shannon in Broken Miles, I just knew these two would be absolute perfection together. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching them interact and inch closer together in the previous books of this series. Watching it all culminate in this final Miles family book was just a joy, and Claire Kingsley went far above my expectations with their story.

Ben is the groundskeeper who has worked for the Miles fam
Amy Jackson
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book and I've never been so thankful to be on the advanced reader team. I don't know that I could have waited another second for this book. This is NOT a stand alone. Read the rest of the Miles family books then read this one. This is the PERFECT ending to this series and GAVE ME ALL THE FEELS. I'm stuck in a car with my family for hours sobbing and laughing and sniffling. It was everything I had hoped for and absolutely more.
Shannon is the matriarch of the Miles famil
BookishStacy
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, novella
This was absolutely the perfect ending to the Miles Family series. Ben and Shannon have tip-toed around each other throughout the previous books and we all knew where this was going but I was so glad to get this novella and get inside Ben's head. I read it previously in e-book and I have to say, John Lane was the perfect choice to voice Ben. I couldn't love this more!

The ultimate swoon-worthy man--he waited for Shannon for DECADES, people! He was there in pretty much every way for a family that
Missie M
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect ending to the best family series!

We watched Ben and Shannon throughout the four Miles siblings’ stories. Theirs is the truest of loves. This novella was everything we needed for their happily ever after and to give us the best ending for one of my favorite families.

Of course Claire Kingsley could make a short novella encompass every feeling and emotion - I smiled, I laughed, I cried happy tears - This book was heartwarmingly wonderful and gave us a kiss that was 26 years in the maki
CzekMart
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful and poignant ending to the phenomenal Miles family series.
Each book in the series has become so much more and Claire Kingsley’s superb story telliing culminated in this amaing second chance story, that was in making for over 25 years. Learning about Ben’s heartbreak brought me to tears; and seeing him finally finding his forever with Shannon, having support of ALL the children as he decided to make his move, and sealing the deal oh his very first date with Shannon was the absolu
Romance Retreat: The Miles Family is COMPLETE 5 23 Apr 11, 2019 06:23PM
Romance Retreat: Love after 40/Mature Couple 7 34 Apr 05, 2019 09:42AM

• Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5)
  • Moonshine Kiss (Bootleg Springs #3)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Not Part of the Plan (Blue Moon, #4)
  • The Fine Art of Faking It (Blue Moon, #6)
  • Holding on to Chaos (Blue Moon, #5)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Whiskey Chaser (Bootleg Springs, #1)
  • The Last Second Chance (Blue Moon, #3)
  • Fall Into Temptation (Blue Moon #2)
  • No More Secrets (Blue Moon, #1)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)
  • By a Thread
  • Finally Mine
  • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
  • Breaking the Rules (Sinner and Saint, #2)
Claire Kingsley is an Amazon Top 10 bestselling author of sexy, heartfelt contemporary romance and romantic comedies.

Subscribe to Claire's Newsletter: http://bit.ly/2KGU26b

Add Claire's next releases to your TBR today:
TBA (Bailey Brothers, #4) by Claire Kingsley TBA (Dirty Martini Running Club, #3) by Claire Kingsley

NOW AVAILABLE ON AUDIO:

Everly Dalton Faking Ms. Right (Dirty Martini Running Club #1) by Claire Kingsley Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2) by Claire Kingsley The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires) by Claire Kingsley

Broken Miles (Miles Family, #1) by Claire Kingsley Forbidden Miles (Miles Family, #2) by Claire Kingsley Reckless Miles (Miles Family, #3) by Claire Kingsley Hidden Miles (Miles Family, #4) by Claire Kingsley Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5) by Claire Kingsley

Book Boyfriend (Book Boyfriends, #1) by Claire Kingsley Cocky Roommate (Book Boyfriends, #2) by Claire Kingsley Hot Single Dad (Book Boyfriends, #3) by Claire Kingsley

Always Have (Always, #1) by Claire Kingsley Always Will (Always, #2) by Claire Kingsley

Miles Family (5 books)
  • Broken Miles (Miles Family, #1)
  • Forbidden Miles (Miles Family, #2)
  • Reckless Miles (Miles Family, #3)
  • Hidden Miles (Miles Family, #4)