Start by marking “Consider Love (Mini Edition): Its Moods and Many Ways” as Want to Read:
Consider Love (Mini Edition): Its Moods and Many Ways

Consider Love (Mini Edition): Its Moods and Many Ways

Consider Love
From the sentimental to the soulful, this little book explores, in absolutely no depth whatsoever (yet with a number of lively and surely profound illustrations), the many and curious modes of love. Also it rhymes.
Pocket-sized, assuming that your loved one's pockets are pretty darn big, this lovely volume is a swell gifty object (hey, have you ever tried t
Published January 1st 2005 by Little Simon (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Consider Love (Mini Edition), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consider Love (Mini Edition)

Kimberly
Jan 27, 2017 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable.
Hope
Feb 23, 2013 Hope rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Cute book. Great illustrations, as always from this author. Couldn't help but thinking that this book seemed to be written more for adults than for children. Not sure I'd read this one to my little one again...
Erika
Nov 27, 2016 Erika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Now this is the cutest way to tell someone special you love them!!!
Aliyah Inge-hanif
Consider Love by Sandra Boynton is a poetry book for children ages 4 and up. The book uses different animals pictures to show love in it’s different forms and moods. It uses a simple small rhyming sentence structure through out the book to describe love.

I absolutely loved this book. It was one of the books I wasn’t expecting to be anything special, but at the end of the day I think it has officially made my favorite top ten. It can be used for small children when trying to explain love and/or wi
Selah (abibliophilesstyle)
Adorable! This book is deeper than most of Sandra Boynton's books, but it still has the hilarious illustrations she's famous for.
Sade'
Apr 15, 2012 Sade' rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Consider Love by Sandra Boynton is a very cute, funny, and fun way to tell somebody that you love them. As I finished reading this book, I had a smile on my face and felt so mushy inside:-). It is intended for children ages 4 and up. I think that the children will find it very cute and funny as well as adults. I gave this book a 4 star rating. The book uses different, funny animal characters to display and show love in its many moods, forms, shapes, and sizes. Love can be simple, mysterious, to ...more
Rachel
Explore love in all its shapes and sizes in this simple poem. Some love is passionate, others are sweet, there are those that love themselves, and there are many that love others. For each type of love represented is a picture of an animal that suits that description. In one case, "love problematic", pair of porcupines sadly can't even touch each other. These cute comic-strip-like cartoons are both funny and charming. The rhymes are quite good and the text as a whole is meaningful. Consider Love ...more
Panda Incognito
Mar 16, 2012 Panda Incognito rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
According to the jacket description- which would earn this book five stars in and of itself- Sandra Boynton is an internationally ignored authority on romance. Thus, this book is a real gem. The poetry is cute and funny, and the illustrations, as in all her books, are quirky and wonderful. "Consider Love" would make a great Valentine's gift, so feel free to drop a hint to my future husband in about ten years. What could be more romantic than pictures of love-struck hippos, penguins, farm animals ...more
Erika
Apr 06, 2012 Erika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is it cliche to say I love this little book? Boynton is one of my favorite authors in the children's board-book genre; I often give her books as gifts because kids enjoy her stories, and her books are just plain fun to read if you're an adult. CONSIDER LOVE is simplistic in it's message: love is everywhere and comes in many forms. "There's hopeful love / and love despairing. / Cautious love / and love that's daring." It's an excellent gift book to remind your kids--or anyone for that matter--tha ...more
Shelli
Dec 14, 2013 Shelli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I’m not sure exactly what it is that makes readers fall in love with Sandra Boynton’s sweet little picture books and board books. Probably the adorable pictures filled with such emotion and expression? Or the tenderness and feelings the stories evoke? Whatever it is I love them! In this one Sandra B. expresses the many many types of love; from shy love, to overly dramatic love and everything in between.
Alicia Scully
Boynton makes me so happy with everything that she writes and this book is not exception. She goes through the various types of love with her familiar characters and illustration styles. The book is appropriate for all ages as children will love her style and adults will find the truth in her provided situations. The book is extremely funny and will be reread by many readers.
Katherine Salinas
Jul 28, 2014 Katherine Salinas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: olivia-read
More of an unfamiliar title by Sandra Boynton but I think one of her best! Her illustrations are perfectly delightful and enjoyable for kids of all ages (even the big ones!). We hope to add this to our family collection soon!
Shauna
Jan 06, 2014 Shauna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CONSIDER LOVE

It's many shapes and style...

It's moods and many ways...

A "celebrated tribute to affection, devotion, and all things lovely."

FUN gift book for ALL AGES!

PERFECT for Valentine's Day OR any day you want to tell someone you love them!
Dec 27, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a Boyton fan. Love the rhyming and the silly text. This would be fun to read with older elementary kids. Probably too many big words for little ones, like "eloquent," "overzealous," and "problematic"--but that is definitely part of its charm too.
JaNeal
Sep 02, 2013 JaNeal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boynton is a favorite of many and this book will be on my favorite Valentines books shelf. It would also make a cute wedding or engagement gift. Love the cover flap that reads "Ms. Boynton is an internationally ignored authority on romance."
Wendy Kuzma
Another great book by one of my favorite children's book authors! This would make a great Valentine's gift for all ages (even adults). :)
Suzanne Kunz Williams
The pictures in this book are so charming and funny that they make me happy just to look at them. I love how this book explores the many types of love <3
Mary Ann
Jan 11, 2013 Mary Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, tween, inspirational, 2013
Presented in a style to appeal to all ages, this book makes one chuckle along with pondering the thoughts!
Angelica
Dec 07, 2013 Angelica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindergarten
For adults
Saralyn
Jun 17, 2008 Saralyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This had cute pictures and brought up all sorts of different kinds of love. Nothing astounding, but fun nevertheless. (I did enjoy the pictures.)
Stacey Raymond
Dec 19, 2016 Stacey Raymond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: story-time, baby-book
This is a fun little book about the different kinds of love and love languages that exist. It is now one of my favorites.
Whitney Maas
This is an absolutely adorable picture book without being too predictable or Hallmark. I truly enjoyed it and find it to be a book for all ages! :)
Jill Barnett
I needed this beautiful story of love today! Want to buy this!
Alyssa (The Shady Glade)
Always love Boynton's books. :)
Rachel
Jul 29, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet. For grownups, too, I think.
Kathi Olsen
Jul 30, 2011 Kathi Olsen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Sandra Boynton has such fun art.
Elizabeth
Aug 04, 2009 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Elizabeth by: My cutie
Shelves: search, worthwhile
I really like this book. My cutie gave it to me for Valentine's Day. The words are fun, but when I took time to look at the pictures while I read it I couldn't help laughing.
Heidi-Marie
Gave this to Mom for a Valentine's present. Too cute and funny to pass up.
Stephen Snyder
Feb 24, 2016 Stephen Snyder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A neat book for people of any age. A powerful little book that amazingly covers and explores the many facets of love. Well done Sandra Boynton.

Thank you for the loan Franklin Public Library.
Elaine
Feb 23, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandra Boynton rarely disappoints and this one is no exception. Her delightful illustrations describe and strengthen the love being expressed.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears?
  • Love Monster
  • The Christmas Quiet Book
  • Just Patty
  • Fancy Nancy: My Family History
  • Big Hugs, Little Hugs
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more
More about Sandra Boynton...