Start by marking “Return to Christmas” as Want to Read:
Return to Christmas

Return to Christmas

Madison Simcoe has had enough. She's a cold, lonely workaholic who's been harassed one too many times by a fellow worker, it's Christmas and the spirit is gone, and she feels like a stranger in her own life. A little retail therapy should cheer her up.Macy's is huge, a giant store full of wonders, and Madison's happy place. So when she decides to indulge herself, pushing ...more
Published November 12th 2019 by Impeccably Demure Press

To ask other readers questions about Return to Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Christmas

Start your review of Return to Christmas
Karen
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

I really enjoyed this, despite the few issues I had with the heroine, and the numerous typos. But what's a Christmas story without a little magic. ;) . Loved Rosa and all of the supporting characters, even the "bad" guys were entertaining. It was a classic Christmas love story, albeit one with time travel.
Sheila Melo
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
FINAL DECISION: This was an enjoyable story that felt "old fashioned" in a good way - perhaps classic is a good word. The time jump to the 1940s and getting a mix of modern and history was a fun read. The story made me happy and is a definite feel good holiday story.

THE STORY: Madison Simcoe finds herself living an unfulfilling life and she's had enough of the harassment she has had to deal with at work. She decides to visit Macy's during the Christmas season and finds herself in transported
Jacquie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Madison is disenchanted with her job and the sexual harassment she faces on a daily basis. The holiday lights and gaiety add to her loneliness and she decides to drown her sorrows in the ritz and glamour of Macy’s.

The moment she enters through the revolving glass doors, she realizes something has changed; people are dressed in clothing from another era, but she assumes she’s stumbled into an expensive ad campaign.

Boy, was she wrong.

Johnny Larson is running away from nightmarish memories of the
Roni Denholtz
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book with an unusual setting in the time-travel genre. I loved the romance and heat between the hero and heroine, and the glimpse into the 1947 retail trade! I remember New York City in the 1950s so some of the things the author described seemed quite familiar. I found the book to be compelling reading. this is a great example of a holiday romance!
Firstpella
I saw Sylvester Stallone in Macy’s Herald Square 30 years ago, but I tend to shop online nowadays.
Kati
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been awhile since I've read a brand new Anne Stuart. I always enjoy her writing style and her heroes. This story felt more like her early stuff as opposed to the men who kill and women who love them novels. I enjoyed the story and felt that it was a nice touch for Christmas. I don't generally like super fluffy Christmas stories so this one had the right amount of angst.
Wanda Cone
Nov 24, 2019
Jaya
rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2019

• The Duke's Stolen Bride (The Rogue Files, #5)
  • The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1)
  • Angel in a Devil's Arms (The Palace of Rogues, #2)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • My Big Fat Fake Wedding
  • Seduction on a Snowy Night
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands #4)
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #7)
  • Any Way the Wind Blows
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
  • Play Dead (Elise Sandburg #1)
  • Absolute Pleasure (Dirty Sexy Fairy Tales #2)
  • Polaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion, #1)
  • Enamored (Accidental Billionaires #3)
  • Paradox (Pearson Sisters Series Book 1)
Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than thirty-five years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.

Her first novel was Barrett's Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she's written more gothics, regencies, romantic