Start by marking “Two Reasons to Run (Pelican Harbor #2)” as Want to Read:
Two Reasons to Run (Pelican Harbor #2)

Two Reasons to Run

(Pelican Harbor #2)

Gripping romantic suspense from USA TODAY bestselling author Colleen Coble.

A lie changed her world.

Police Chief Jane Hardy is still reeling from the scandal that rocked her small-town department just as she took over for her retired fatherthe man who wrecked her life with one little lie. Now shes finally been reunited with her presumed-dead fifteen-year-old son, Will,
Published September 8th 2020 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Two Reasons to Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Reasons to Run

Start your review of Two Reasons to Run (Pelican Harbor #2)
"Avonna
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

TWO REASONS TO RUN (Pelican Harbor Book #2) by Colleen Coble is the second action packed Christian romantic suspense/mystery in this trilogy series. The small coastal town of Pelican Bays Chief of Police Jane Hardy is a 52 strong, determined and justice driven spitfire who also happens to be a survivor of a cult. While the suspense/mystery is unique and solved in each book, Jane and all the main characters personal stories carry
Natalie
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it

**AUDIO VERSION**
Two Reasons to Run is a fast paced and gripping thriller by Colleen Coble with a touch of romance too.
This is the 2nd book in a series which I hadn't realised until I began to read it. I wish I had realised this as I would have read book 1 first.
Despite not having read the first book I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found the narrator did a fantastic job
Anita
Jul 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, mystery

Great, original plot with holes big enough to drive a Mack truck through and it's a disjointed one too. Not to mention, the heroine is a whiny brat who everyone thinks is just fabulous. Everyone close to her has lied to her and she just can't get over any of it. And, she won't let you get over it either as she keeps bringing it up, again, and again, and again. I was all out of
Jessica | JustReadingJess
Two Reasons to Run is an action packed book. Two Reasons to Run is the second book in the Pelican Harbor series. I didn't know this was the second book in the series until I started reading it. I could understand the main story line without reading the first book. However, there were a lot of things I felt like I missed and I didn't connect with the characters. I think I would've enjoyed Two Reasons to Run if I read the first book in the Pelican Harbor Series.

Someone dies on the Pelican Harbor
Gloria
This is another great story in The Pelican Harbor Series, the second of the series. Set in Pelican Harbor, on the lovely gulf coastal area near Mobile, Alabama, this has a small town flavor with a small police department where Jane Hardy is the chief. In the first book, she is reunited with her son Will and his father Reid after thinking that her baby had died fifteen years ago when she and Reid were teenagers and their parents were in a cult in Michigan.
Things amp up when the high school
Sherri Thacker
Jul 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
I enjoyed this book by Colleen Coble as I do all of her books. Police Chief Jane, her son Will and her ex make this story very believable. This book is 2nd in a book series but somehow I missed the first one and was able to read this one just fine as a stand-alone. I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Christine Indorf
I am addicted to this novel and the problem!!...The next book comes out in April!! I have to wait to April! Its as bad waiting for the Mandalorian to home out!! the book was really good. This one has you wondering will the main couple get together, will their son get killed. The best part they have you waiting to the end to find out. Esp the couple, eventhough you think they are together really are they?? I just love Colleen Coble and so glad I have discovered her and looking forward to read ...more
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via the Author and Netgalleyin exchange for an honest review. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

This is the second book in The Pelican Harbor Series and it follows Police Chief, Jane and her newly found ex, Reid and son, Will she had thought to be dead for the last 15 years to be honest; I hadnt known that it was a continuing story though it didnt take me more than a couple of chapters to understand the
Brittany
Two Reasons to Run is a great addition to the Pelican Harbor series. It is book two in the series and I highly recommend that, for this series, each book be read in order, or you will miss out on important details regarding the backgrounds of the two main characters, Jane and Reid. Each book has its own mystery that must be solved and the plot in each book is wrapped up nicely, however, Jane and Reids story is ongoing throughout the series.

I am simply loving the Pelican Harbor books! I read the
Robin Loves Reading
In the first book in this series, One Little Lie, Jane Hardy, Pelican Harbor's police chief, learned the truth behind a secret held for fifteen years. This rocked her to her very core. However, this also brightened her future beyond belief. She had already been in a precarious situation after taking over the job as police chief after her father retired, and then had to be investigated for serious crimes.

However, something, or someone, brought light into Jane's world. She was reunited with her
Lou Allen
I enjoyed listening to this romantic suspense novel. It is the second book in the Pelican Harbor series and once again follows Chief of Police, Jane, and Reid, a documentary maker. This time they are investigating a murder on an oil platform, and the situation quickly becomes personal.

I requested a copy of this audiobook through NetGalley, and Thomas Nelson kindly let me borrow a copy to review.

My favourite part of this story was seeing the continuing relationship between Jane and Reid. You
Toya (the reading chemist)
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up!

Two Reasons to Run in the second book in the Pelican Harbor series by Colleen Coble, which follows the life of Police Chief Jane Hardy. This is one of those series that you absolutely need to read book one prior to picking up book two otherwise the current situation between Jane, her fifteen year old son Will, and Reid (the father of her son) will make zero sense.

Two Reasons to Run picks up pretty much right where One Little Lie left off. Jane has settled into her new
Caitlyn Lynch
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Let me start off my saying that if you havent read One Little Lie, the first book in this trilogy, you should probably do that, because I didnt, and I spent most of this book trying to figure out what the heck was going on and why exactly Jane Hardy hadnt murdered the man who kept her son from her for 15 years, and hidden his body in a shallow grave. Because as a mother, frankly, this is exactly what I would have done, not allowed him back into my life. Theres a weird backstory where Jane and ...more
Alice 🌙
3/5 ⭐
I got this book from Netgalley exchange for a honest review.
It was decent. I thought it would be difficult starting from the second book but the story was told quickly and the mystery could be read on its own.
Abigail Harris
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it

I wasn't sure what to expect in this novel.

I enjoyed it and seeing the healing relationships throughout the story, I really loved seeing Jane, Reid, and Will become a family, I was lost at some points and I realized after reading it that it was the second book in the Pelican Harbor series, oops! And that was slightly saddening, however, I still enjoyed the book though I was lost at some spots.

As far as suspense goes I liked that there was more than the main suspense plot. As our main
Lou Allen
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Ixxati
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Two Reasons To Run is the second book in the Pelican Harbor series. I didn't read the first book but it's fine I guess. But I felt like I missed some things. If you wanted to know more about what happened to Jane and Reid in the past then you should read the first book. Btw this book are told from multiple POVs but it's easy to know who narrate the part.
I like Jane but at the same time I don't. I mean she keep blaming her dad and Reid for lying to her about her son, Will. Damn annoying! I love
Susan Snodgrass
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
'Pray? Would God even listen to her? She wanted to spring into action, to be the warrior she'd always been.'

Colleen Coble does a mighty fine job with the second book in her Pelican Harbor series. Police Chief Jane Hardy, only recently reunited with a son she thought dead, and his father, and still reeling from a huge scandal that shook her small town police department once again is battling a murder. The murder exposes an environmental terrorist's plot to flood the bay with crude oil. Jane must
Kelly Bridgewater
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Two Reasons to Run by Colleen Coble is a continuing novel in a new series. This continues the life of Jane Hardy and her escape from the cult. Now she is coming to terms with her reality as a police chief. The suspense kept moving, but I actually looked forward to reading more about Jane's past as she and Reid worked together to try to solve this mystery. The mystery has been done, but there was a nice twist that I didn't see coming. It was nice to read something different. The romance between ...more
Lori
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Colleen Coble delivers another fascinating tale that continues Jane Hardys story. I was so pleased to get accepted to read this awesome book! She never disappoints with her stories and theyre worth a reread. I do that cause sometimes you might miss something the first go around.
Well rounded out characters and an awesome plot that I totally enjoyed!
This is definitely a cant put down read and time will fly by before you know it.
Coble describes her scenes so well that at times I actually thought I
Dana Michael
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Two Reasons To Run is the second book in the Pelican Harbor series and continues the story of Jane and Reid. This book has them facing the kidnapping of their son Will and the possible terrorist attack of an oil platform called Zeus. This book like the first book has romantic tension, and nailbiting suspense throughout. Again, another cliffhanger and I can't wait for the conclusion next May, 2021!! I really enjoyed this story. I highly recommend this series to be read in order to get the full ...more
ABookwormWithWine
Two Reasons to Run by Colleen Coble was a great follow up to One Little Lie and I liked this one even more! Jane is back again as the Chief of Police for Pelican Harbor and still trying to deal with her father and Reid's lies. Unfortunately, she has more important things to think about, like who is following them and trying to get her to leave an investigation alone. There are lots of close calls and a lot of action, and I flew through it in just a few hours. I listened to the audio again and ...more
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Nov 07, 2020 rated it liked it
When I first started to read this book I couldn't remember reading book #1, One Little Lie. Only after reading the description plus 2 really good & in-depth reviews did I start to remember. Now that I have a vague memory of book#1, the characters in book #2 are fleshing out better.

Once I got reacquainted with the characters I was really pulled into the plot and was enjoying it. That dead ended when the characters detoured on a secondary plot of Chief Hardy's mother and Reid's mother's
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
TWO REASONS TO RUN is the second book in this series. It is a continuing series so readers will need to read them in order. It had been a year since I read the first book, so it took me several pages to remember.

Jane and Reid both have a lot of baggage to work through and it keeps getting deeper with no end in sight.

The crime who-dun-it kept me guessing. Who and why? But I had to admire Jane's tenacity. She is a super hero.

If you're looking for a great romantic suspense to read, here it is.
Terry Houchin
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I hated for this one to end!

I loved the first book in the Pelican Harbor series, One Little Lie, this second book was even better. (in my opinion)

As the story opens, Jane hasn't had time to settle into her new role as a mother before another mystery presents itself. She is thrust into a murder investigation that appears to be tied to a threat against an offshore oil platform.
She first has to find the body.
Someone doesn't want her investigating and threatens her son's life. Now this fight is
Nora St Laurent
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book one in this series is titled One Little Lie; it takes place in The Pelican Harbor. Its a story that will blow you away. Readers meet Jane Hardy interim sheriff in Alabama. Her and her Dad escaped from an occult 15 years ago. Dad is a retired police chief - Her mother stayed behind in the occult. Since then Jane has diligently searched for her mother with no success.

Reid Bechtol-well known for his documentaries. Reids teen son is Will. Readers learn of their history with officer Jane Hardy.
Faye
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Picking up where the last book left off, Reid and Jane find themselves fighting for the life of their teenage son, while trying to come to terms with their presence in each other's life.

Can they stop the environmental terrorist and save their son's life?

A dynamic read, filled with action, great relationship building, and faith. A quick read, with great tension, in this race against time. It also does a great job of exploring the complex relationships due to Jane's tangled past. I really liked
Carol Lee
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am really enjoying this series. It picks up from the first book, but can be listened to alone. Jane is involved in another case with Reid to find out what is going on in a oil platform rig. They have found out some information that something is going on and want to find out why and who is involved. They also continue to work on on their new relationship.
I also enjoyed the narrator and am anxiously awaiting part three.
Melissa Hayford
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series, and I really suggest you read the series from the beginning to get the full story. The suspense and mystery continues for Jane and Reid. Again there is a lot going on, but they are fierce and up to the challenge. There are some sweet moments, but several suspenseful moments as well. I enjoyed it, but am anxious to read the next book and see how the story ends.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher through Netgalley and this is my honest review.
Rebecca
Sep 11, 2020 rated it liked it
"STOP OR WILL DIES."

Having just recently been reunited with her son, Police Chief Jane Hardy knows something terrible is brewing again in the small town of Pelican Harbor; obviously her investigation regarding a supposed terrorist plot involving a Mobile Bay oil platform has rattled the wrong person. Realizing that there is only one place where her son would be out of harm's way, Jane and Will's father Reid, move with Will into her father's private compound. Now it's up to Jane to continue her
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Point of Danger (Triple Threat, #1)
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • Everywhere to Hide
  • Minutes to Die (Homeland Heroes, #2)
  • Autumn Skies (Bluebell Inn Romance #3)
  • Backlash (Capital Intrigue, #2)
  • The Price of Valor (Global Search and Rescue, #3)
  • The Escape (US Marshals, #1)
  • Airborne
  • The Crushing Depths (Coastal Guardians, #2)
  • Relative Silence
  • Don't Keep Silent (Uncommon Justice, #3)
  • Standoff (Natchez Trace Park Rangers, #1)
  • The Heart of a Hero (Global Search and Rescue, #2)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • Saltwater Cowboy (Saltwater Cowboys #1)
  • Unbreakable
  • Catching Christmas
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.

Pelican Harbor (3 books)
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor, #1)
  • Three Missing Days (The Pelican Harbor, #3)