Start by marking “Amish Generations: Four Stories” as Want to Read:
Amish Generations: Four Stories

Amish Generations: Four Stories

Four sweet and funny Amish love stories, spanning four different generations. Love comes at all times and for all ages!

Young Love—When Fern was diagnosed with a chronic illness in her early twenties, she knew it would limit her abilities to be a good Amish wife. And with Dan, the object of her affection, in a serious relationship, there didn’t seem much point in dating. Bu
Published June 2nd 2020 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Amish Generations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amish Generations

Start your review of Amish Generations: Four Stories
Robin Loves Reading
What a great anthology! Here are four sweet stories of love for Amish couples of various generations. I absolutely loved it. I would like to make one brief observation. At the beginning of the book the author translated specific Amish words. Because I have read over a dozen of these stories over the past year or so, I already know what these words meant. Of course, I am a different faith but there’s just something about these stories that is so compelling.

Young Love - Fern worries about her
Lori
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really love Kathleen's books! She writes her books with heartwarming, fun and delicious recipes that will make you drool. Sometimes, I feel like I'm living in her settings along with the characters that I read about and I tend to make friends with them because they are an interesting people to get to know and their way of life.
In each story each couple deals with whatever life has handed them. I loved getting to know these awesome people and I felt like I belonged in each of their families.
O
Kristina
Amish Generations by Kathleen Fuller contains four sweet Amish romances that span four different generations. Young Love features Fern Gingerich who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis despite only being in her twenties. She would love to marry and have a family, but Fern feels that a man would not want her because of her illness. When the pain is bad, Fern is confined to bed. When Dan begins paying her attention, Fern wonders if love can conquer all. Long-Awaited Love has thirty-four-year-old Jem ...more
Janet
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When it is snowy and cold outside (and my car is buried under 2ft of ❄️ ), superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

Four sweet and funny Amish
kerrycat
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have yet to meet a Kathy Fuller story I didn't like, and these stories are no exception. As an Akronite, I always appreciate it when she mentions the city, but I had to laugh at the gem that appeared in this collection:

"Paul even left the district for a while. He needed to explore the world outside of Charm. He didn't go very far - just to Akron - and he came back a few days later. I guess he found out pretty quick that the world isn't as great as it seemed to be."

Akron is not for the faint of
Mayda
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish, romance, audio, novella
Four different stories, four different generations, four different problems, but all end in romance. This collection has something for everyone, no matter what your age. Well written, with interesting characters and intriguing plots, these stories are entertaining as well as informative. As the characters work through their own problems, with God’s help, readers will come to know more about the Amish community and their faith.
Laura Rae
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is comprised of 4 short romance stories going across four different generations. Each story was so sweet and special. I loved each one so much and was kind of sad when the story ended!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Zondervan through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
melissa
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love all of Kathleen's book's.
I received the copy through netgalley. I bought a copy for my friend for pre-order. hope she likes as much I did. I loved there was difficult names in the stories. I love the cover and the title and the story. I loved the character's and the settings. I couldn't put it down.
Amy
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amish Generations was a wonderful collection of four Amish stories. I am giving it four stars and recommend it for readers who love Amish tales.
Mary Pauline M
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Christian fiction, I am fairly new to reading stories of Amish settings. With that said, I really enjoyed my time spent with Amish Generations. The novellas were perfect in style, setting, content and length. Hoping to read many more stories such as these in the future!
Tina
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amish Generations by Kathleen Fuller is a compilation of four stories, each about finding love at a different time in your life. I read the book in one evening, because it was so good I didn't want to stop.
The first story is Young Love and it is about Fern and Dan. Fern has a chronic illness and she has always thought this would hinder her from living the life she wanted. Dan, however, wants the chance to prove her wrong. It was very sweet and I love how Fuller is able to bring people together,
Pam Graber
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four stories spanning four different generations, Amish Generations by Kathleen Fuller shows that "it's never too late to fall in love."

In Young Love, Fern is diagnosed in her early 20s with a chronic illness that she believes means she can't be a wife. While Dan was in a serious relationship, she could love him from afar but when he and his girlfriend go separate ways, and he turns his attention to Fern, can she continue to keep her health a secret?

Long-Awaited Love introduces Everett and Jemim
Helen
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amish Generations is a compilation of four nice stories by Kathleen Fuller. Each of the stories focuses on two people of the Amish faith that come together . These are good clean stories that are easy to read. Each of the couples have obstacles they need to over come to move forward.

In Young Love, Fern has secretly had a crush on Dan for years and now that he is no longer committed to someone else, Fern needs to trust him enough to tell him about her hidden health condition.

In Long-Awaited Love,
Simone
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book, this one is about the Amish generations. I rather enjoyed reading the different generations of the Amish. It shows that the Amish are no different to the English, we both worship the same God. The differences is how our relationships within the community. I like that a dictionary for some Amish words is at the front of the book and reflection questions at the end which is encouraging to complete and discuss with others.
Young Love—I understand on what Fern is going through and
Excel Andy
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amish Generations by Kathleen Fuller has four stories in it.

Young Love: Fern and Dan’s story. I enjoyed it so much. Imagine crushing on a guy you like for eleven years?
Fern’s story gave me an inspiration. Sickness shouldn’t determine your life.

Long- Awaited Love. Stubborn Jemima and friendly Everett. Two different characters in this part of the story. All those food mentioned there made me to really toast my bread loaves in my toaster and drink water just because I was yearning for rolls and cho
Carol Allen
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amish Generations by Kathleen Fuller is a collection of four Amish love stories that span several generations.

Young Love, Fern and Dan's love story. It shows how with God's help, even with a chronic illness, true love and happiness
is possible.

Long-Awaited Love, Everett and Jemima’s love story travels the whole span from love to hate and back to love. We learn that sometimes even with the passing of time, true love can find its way back to where it belongs.

Second-Chance Love, Benjamin and Lora Be
Ann Readyoff
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
#AmishGenerations#Net Galley
This book contains four novellas Amish stories. Their are four different couple's of different generations. You can picture them all having their problems and figuring out how to work through what they thought they couldn't. The first one is Young Love. Where Fern is keeping secrets about herself and her illness. Will Dan love her after he finds out the truth. The second is Long Awaited Love. Will Melina and Everett find the feelings they had from ten years apart. Wi
Debra
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kathleen Fuller is a favorite author, in the Amish genre. She has once again given us a book, of 4 novellas, that does not disappoint. These 4 stories take us through a lifetime of love....from the early love of the young through the middle and older loves, to finally, the love of the sunshine years. What an evolution to become immersed in and visualize. You will enter into the world of young love and the challenge of autoimmune disease....an unusual topic but one that is addressed with compassi ...more
Becky
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kathleen Fuller writes Amish Fiction that is a lot of fun. Her characters are friendly and likable. Her settings are colorful and evoke wonderful word pictures. Each of the stories in this collection takes a couple looking for love and details how they overcame the obstacles standing in their way.

For one couple it was an auto immune disease, for another it was a ten-year separation beginning during their courtship, then there were the two widowed people finding a second chance, and finally a co
Cindy
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amish Generations has 4 different stories all in one book that are all exceptional! Each story shows us how faith, love, strength, & grace can get you through different problems in each of our lives through the couples in each of the stories. Each one of them have different plots, however, they all share the same four qualities listed above. Kathleen has done such a great job in each one of the stories with each set of characters she chose to write about and her story lines for them. I loved how ...more
Pam Pavkov
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amish Generations is a book that is filled with four amazing novellas which were all written by Kathleen Fuller. Each novella tells its own fantastic story which centers around love. Young Love, long-Awaited Love, Second-Chance Love, and Never too Late Love. As you can tell by the titles each one deals with a different faze of life within the characters. The characters in each novella are strong, loving, and faithful to the Amish culture. These four novellas are sweet and inspiring demonstrating ...more
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Young Love
11 years is a really long time to have a rush on someone but I liked how Fern and Dan's love story turned out.

Long Awaited Love
Everett and Jemima with their history were still able to have a future filled with love and second chances for both of them. I loved how Everett stood up for Jemima telling her the truth even though she didn't want to hear it.

Second Chance.
I really liked how Lora and Beth's second chance love story started with correspondence through letters. Theirs was a de
Judy
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
Kathleen Fuller is quickly becoming one of my favorite Amish fiction authors.  Her stories are always filled with characters that you quickly come to love.  Amish Generations is no different.  The book contains four novellas.  Each novella features a couple of a different generation.  I loved all four stories.  They're all complete and each one is a quick read.  It's hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to choose, it would be the final story.  Jerald and Elva's story was so sweet.  Jerald, a ba ...more
Carolyn Bryant
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amish Generations is a collection of four easy-to-read, sweet stories set in modern day Ohio. The plots are well-crafted and flow at a fitting pace. The stories featuring four couples in different seasons of life each with their own struggles showing that love has no age restrictions! A love that overcomes illness, a rekindled love, a second go-around love, and a golden years first love combine to make an entertaining, inspiring read which captures and keeps your interest from the beginning to t ...more
Maureen Timerman
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
There are four different stories here, and they are novellas so you can read one maybe two or the whole book in one sitting,
We are offered four different couples here, and yes there is a romance in each read, that will draw you in and keep you page-turning.
Each read has a different problem, and while we are in the Amish world here, this could be any where, but their faith does come into play. Will each couple be able to find their way to happiness despite the obstacles they are facing? You will
Vicky Sluiter
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
The set of four novellas by author Kathleen Fuller is sure to please lovers of Amish fiction. From young couples to much older couples, the generations are covered in this book.

Charming stories that cover a multitude of challenges, Fuller shows us that love wins out over all if we care enough to lay self aside. Following God’s leading, the characters in this story overcome many things to be together and find the struggle is worth it.

The only thing that would have made these stories better woul
Irene S
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful collection of sweet romance. Young Love….Fern is a sweet pretty girl, who has been interested in Dan for eleven years. When Dan notices her, Fern is more worried about her Rheumatoid Arthritis. This is a sweet story. Long-Awaited Love – This is a sweet second chance story ten years after he left town… Second-Chance Love - I love how their friendship and eventual courtship started with letters…. Never Too Late –I love that it’s never too late in life for romance. I received a ...more
Tina
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amish Generations has four unique stories of love, hope, second chances and forgiveness.

What I loved most about this book, was how quickly I was able to read it. If I had to pick my favortie story from this collection it would be real tuff to do, however I must mention two of the stories that really tugged at my heart. One being Second Chance Love which is the thrid story of this book and the last story of Never to Late. Each story was speical, but these two truly touched my heart.

Don't wait t
Judy
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I almost didn't request to read this book, simply because it is a group of four short stories. I prefer, or so I thought, to read novels where I can get totally lost in the storyline. However, I am so glad I read Amish Generation - I got caught up in the lives of four different couples! The characters emotions tugged at my heart, and I felt like I was a part of the Amish community. Well done, Kathleen Fuller!

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this r
Christine
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is four short stories. They are Amish romances but involve people of all different ages and involve people having a second chance at finding a life partner. The stories are very well written and leave you with a happy ending. I would recommend this to anyone who would just like to read a short story in one sitting (4 times) and enjoys this genre.

I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

• The Farm Stand (Amish Marketplace #2)
  • An Amish Christmas Wedding: Four Stories
  • The Mockingbird's Song
  • A Beautiful Arrangement (An Amish Journey #3)
  • Amish Christmas Twins
  • The Coffee Corner
  • The Crow's Call (Amish Greenhouse Mystery #1)
  • An Amish Picnic: Four Stories
  • A Picture of Love
  • An Amish Singing: Four Stories
  • The Englisch Daughter
  • Peace in the Valley (Amish of Big Sky Country #3)
  • His Pretend Amish Bride (Unexpected Amish Blessings Book 2)
  • The Trustworthy One (Walnut Creek #4)
  • The Blended Quilt
  • The Stone Wall
  • Piecing It All Together (Plain Patterns, #1)
  • Morning Star (Maidels of Morning Star #1)
Best-selling author of Amish fiction. Also a wife, mother, crafter, coffee addict, football fan, and chocolate aficionado.

News & Interviews