Start by marking “Life in the Pit” as Want to Read:
Life in the Pit

Life in the Pit

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Plain, normal Brittany has always lived in the shadow of her beautiful, popular friend Amanda. Amanda has a new boyfriend every week; Brittany doesn't date. Amanda is the star of the school musical; Brittany watches from behind her cello in the orchestra
Published November 1st 2008 by Blooming Tree Press

To ask other readers questions about Life in the Pit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life in the Pit

Rebecca
Mar 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I am a violinist so I enjoyed reading about this orchestra. It was a sweet book! It has parts in it that make you wonder if the good guy is the bad guy of the other way around.
Jessica (Books: A true story)
Life in the Pit was a cute, quick romance that piqued my interest because the main character is a cellist and I love the cello! The story revolves around a play that isn’t real, but sounds like a mash-up of every Jane Austen novel ever written with a dash of Clue. Brittany is playing in the orchestra pit for the play while her best friend Amanda stars in it. The plot was a little over-dramatic and cheesy sometimes but still entertaining, cute, and fun.
Amanda and Brittany felt like frenemies at f
Shwride
May 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Not terrible, but not great either. A romantic high school mystery, it lacked in that the mystery was obvious and then I was just irritated that the characters couldn't see it as easily as I did. There is nothing offensive in the book, but as I think that pairing off in high school is a mistake, I can't recommend it.
Julie Daines
Jan 01, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was a fun, easy book. Perfect for teenage girls. The plot is straight forward and somewhat uneventful, but still I read the whole book in one sitting.

The author is from Highland, Utah, so that's pretty cool I think.
Scribs
Oct 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
The author of this book, Kristen Landon, has been instrumental in helping me as a writer. I was looking forward to reading this book very much. I thought the main character was pretty paranoid, but, at the same time, I couldn't put the book down. Very well done Kristen!
Heather
I really enjoyed this story with the mystery of who was causing trouble for the play, and the sweet romance. Kristen has a great voice that I'm sure young readers will enjoy.
Serena
Mar 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This sounds just like my life, sadly enough, except for the fact that I play the violin, not the cello.
Tasia
Jan 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
So sweet!
Rachel
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Good writing, just tween lit all the way.
Pearl
Feb 06, 2009
Sydney
Sep 16, 2010 added it
Cute mystery/romance.

*Read as part of my read local challenge.
Julie Lowry
Oct 04, 2013
Dusty Polley
Oct 18, 2016
Natalie
Mar 02, 2009
2032098
Kristen Landon always thought it would be nice to live in a place where winter never gets too cold. Besides one lovely winter in California, she has spent her life bouncing back and forth between Michigan and Utah – both great places in the spring, summer, and fall. She now lives with her husband and four children in a home with fabulous views of Utah’s beautiful mountains out every window.

More about Kristen Landon...