Jump to ratings and reviews

Passarinho and the Highlander: Adventures in Love and War

A privileged young woman in 1730s Boston sets out on an adventure to rescue her father from a debtor’s prison in Jamaica. A dashing Scottish soldier offers to help her in return for her help in exposing a traitor.
Shipwreck, spies, murder, war and a rival for the Highlander’s affections combine to thwart her mission.
She finds the darker side of life in the Caribbean is a far cry from her sheltered upbringing. To survive and succeed in her rescue she must adapt and, on the way, she discovers a secret about herself that could have disastrous consequences for her future.
Buy or download now through Kindle Unlimited and enjoy this gripping Romantic Adventure with a flawed heroine.

363 pages, Kindle Edition

Published October 30, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Fran Connor

23 books213 followers
I live in SW France for the lifestyle after a career in a UK Police Force. I have six published novels, three more in the pipeline and six plays that have been produced on stage. My screenplays portfolio contains seven feature length scripts with one about to go into production.

I write mainly Historical Fiction but I do other genres too. I don't do cop stories, I had enough of the real thing.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (50%)
4 stars
2 (50%)
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 of 1 review
Profile Image for Alyson  L.
146 reviews53 followers
February 2, 2020
Adventurous and exciting, Passarinho and the Highlander is a well-written book full of vivid imagery, war, shipwrecks, murder, romance, and lies. Mr. Connor did a splendid job of writing out complete details allowing me to join the story rather than just observe it and what a story it is too! From the time the daughter Susannah decides to put a wicked plan into motion to the time it backfires, the story took off and had me riveted and on the edge of my seat. You can look forward to finding out how love and romance fits into all of this adventure and drama as you get to know the characters. The characters were largely likable and all were well fleshed out and most were integral to the plot.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and was so glad I chose to read it and would strongly recommend it to historical romance lovers.

5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Disclaimer
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
Displaying 1 of 1 review

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.