Start by marking “In the Unlikely Event” as Want to Read:
In the Unlikely Event

In the Unlikely Event

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  7,277 ratings  ·  1,541 reviews
From #1 Amazon Bestseller L.J. Shen comes a new, star-crossed lovers romance about loss, love, and meeting The One when you are too young to know how to keep them.

Sometimes you meet people who are out of this world, so you make them a part of yours.

A one-night stand born from vengeance in a foreign land.
An explosive chemistry neither of us could deny.
We signed a
Published November 17th 2019 by L.J. Shen (first published November 12th 2019)

·  7,277 ratings  ·  1,541 reviews

Start your review of In the Unlikely Event
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
All is fair in love and war, and I'm certainly prepared for battle

This book came out of left field and slapped me over the head with all of the feels. This is so completely different from anything I've read by LJ to date. A unique and angsty emotional roller coaster that was addictive from beginning to finish.

If there's one thing that I've come to expect from LJ Shen, it's her knack for the unexpected, and ITUE was definitely unexpected. If you're fans of second chance romance that
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Utterly breathtaking!! This book is a work of art. Complex, intricately designed, and stunningly beautiful. It’s unlike anything else I’ve ever read in this genre, yet so romantic and full of hope. Malachy and Aurora’s chemistry jumps off the page!

Here’s what I loved:
From the very first time I met Mal, I was enamored! He’s so charismatic and charming, I just want to snuggle him. He’s fun, carefree, and sexy. Exactly what Aurora needed at that time in her life.

Aurora is vibrant and sweet, yet
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***LIVE EARLY - FULL REVIEW***

5 SHAKE MY SNOW GLOBE CROWNS

So different, and yet uniquely L.J. Shen! I absolutely loved this new world and characters. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT is going to shake up your snowglobe.

What I love most about any L.J. Shen book is that her characters are flawed, maybe a bit broken or jaded from the hand they have been dealt, but what I also love about her characters is that they find love. Always. The love is in someone whole or some just or more broken than they are. But
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“Can you please stop being so beautiful and real and alive all over my house like you own it or something?”

description

I finished this in a day and now the bags under my eyes are Gucci.

_______________

A Note From Alex (after reading all the notes in this book, especially the chocolate one).

Whenever I finish a book, Goodreads (my number one cheerleader) always sends me an email telling me that I have actually finished the book (as if I didn't know it myself, you'd think). But this time when GR sent
Vanessa When Vane Reads
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favoritos
English/spanish version
ITUE IS BRILLIANT, MAGIC, PURE PERFECTION!, I don't have enough words to describe the magnificence of this story, it hooked me from the first words, and I WAS NOT ABLE TO PUT ITDOWN a single second, it is so entertaining that I practically inhaled the pages. The plot consumed me and stole my breath, gahhh!IT'S KINDLE CRACK.

The author brings her game A and gives us a mind-blowing story,EPIC BEYOND THE WORDS. The intricate storyline has her unique writing style, but it's
Christy
2 stars
I normally love LJ Shen’s books, and let me start off by saying I loved the start/premise of this book. One day together 8 years ago, the napkin, it started off so promising. But this book was hella problematic for me… If you want to know why, read below. If you don’t want spoilers about the story don’t read it, because it’s chalked full….

(view spoiler)
Parker Huntington
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so surprising, different than what I expected, better than what I expected. There's something about Leigh's writing that sucks you in, and you know when you open the pages to one of her books, you're in for a wild ride. 10000000% recommended.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Ahhhhhh!!! You guys!! Remember that time L.J. Shen dropped a book promising that it was different from anything she has ever written? Well that day is today and I can 100% wholeheartedly attest that this is one of her best books. It is SO unlike any of her previous books but no less incredible. It, without a doubt, has that PERFECT LJ touch that I die for. Malachy and Aurora were nothing short of magnificent! They are one of my favorite couples from this author!!

When Aurora "Rory" Belle Jenkins
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

I.TUE, IT.UE, ITU.E… I.T.U.E., In the Unlikely Event. Oh I’m likely gonna love this.

LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
chan ☆
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
if you want to know what really rubbed me the wrong way (view spoiler) ...more
Nilufer Ozmekik
Did.
I.
Just.
Read.

CL can't come to the review section yet, because she's ... dead.
Bai.

EDITED:

Unique. Spellbinding. Whimsical. In the Unlikely Event is a seamless book beyond my comprehension. The angst, pull, and giggles it drew from me will be seared into my mind forever.
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

Well, damn. My opinions and emotions were all over the place the entire time I was reading this book, and now that it's over, I feel like they are in such complicated knots that I can't unravel them. I've been thinking about this story all day nonstop, and to be honest, I'm still unsure if I have my thoughts sorted out even now. That being said, I'm going to try my best.

image host

In the Unlikely Event is nothing like what I was expecting it to be and completely different from anything else L. J.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
in-an-unlikely-event

'IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT': Is a full length romance novel by L.J. Shen. Spoken in various POV's. Meet our hero Malachy Doherty and our heroine Aurora Belle Jenkins aka Rory.

I went into this book completely blind, and I mean that literally, I never read the synopsis, didn't pay much notice to the cover, one look at the title and the author sealed the deal. I had to have this in my life!!

So jumping into 'In the unlikely event', the last thing I expected to read would be a POV from a cow!! Yes
Bibi
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
*Spoiler Alert*

2nd Update: Decided to finish, so, yay me!
. Seriously though, this book had so much potential cos the elements for an epic love story were present; however, the lies, and the rape, and the stupidity of ALL the characters made it pretty much irredeemable in my eyes.

1st update: DNF@50%. FRTC
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
It pains me to give this a low rating (I’m in between 2-3 stars), but struggled with ITUE. Miscommunication/no communication between MCs is one of my biggest pet peeves and the entire story was basically that. I grew incredibly frustrated with all the characters and didn’t particularly have any one that I wanted to root for. Sometimes they made me want to throw my kindle against the wall. The way Mal kept Rory in the dark about so many important things for the longest time (80% of the book) was ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

''You were a part of package deal. It's not fate. It's us. From start to finish. Twisted, screwed, obsessed, destructive, wonderful us.''

Thank you Leigh Shen for another fantastic read, what a ride!L.J Shen takes the reader to an emotional,intense and heartwarming roller coaster!I fall in love with everything, the characters rocked this story and the story was unique!It has angst and the romance was epic!

description

My new favorite couple and story for this year!The relationship between Mal and Rory
Ariadna Basulto
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
L.J. Shen has done it again! In the Unlikely Event is refreshingly unique and unexpected and yet so quintessentially Shen at the very same time. Get ready to drop everything you’re doing and devour each word like it was air and you’re gasping to breathe.

Rory and Mal’s story brings us a different side of Ms. Shen. We get the spectacular writing that grabs you and doesn’t let go, but it’s balanced by a lighter, brighter side that had me laughing out loud and smiling like an lunatic at my kindle.
Dilek VT
Nov 21, 2019 marked it as never-no-way
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
lj

If you ask me, this wasn't just Shen's best book ever... it was the best book I've read in a while!!!

I knew from the blurb that this book was going to be different from her previous books, so I started it with no expectations - and found myself drifting with it until the middle of the night.

“𝑰’𝒍𝒍 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓. 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒏’𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒅.”

18-year-old Aurora (Rory) has grown up with her mom in America. Her Irish father has never been a part of her life,
Harloe Rae
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m floored—absolutely astounded—by the epic wonder of In the Unlikely Event. L.J. Shen is the pinnacle of unique romance. She proves, once again, why her raw talent is the best in this business.

I’ve been a mass of jittery anticipation since she released the four letters to the title months ago. What a tease, but so freaking delicious. The excitement I felt to finally get this book in my hands can only be described as pure bliss. I dove in and didn’t come out of the haze unless forced.

Malachy
I'm sorry.. what? ANOTHER book by Leigh

Fre06 Begum
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20191117_215313.png

In the Unlikely Event was the kind of book that we didn’t know we were waiting for from L.J Shen. It was different, but still had her signature style that we all love so much along with the angst and emotional turmoil that will have us pulling our hair while secretly begging for more.

Taking a journey to find out more about her life, Aurora meets a man who is going to change everything for her. From a one night stand that created a promise for years to come, to a secret past and a trail of
Obsessive Book Whore
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is hands down my favorite read of 2019!

This book pulled out all my emotions. L.J. knows how to write the perfect characters and ITUE fully delivers with a strong heroine full of sass and a sexy as sin broody Irishman I want to f@$%!

I read this book in one sitting and then started it all over again. I just could not get enough of these amazing characters.

*beta read*

Hey book whores, if you want to follow me, you can find me here

PicsArt_09-12-08.03.15 PicsArt_09-12-08.03.44 PicsArt_09-12-08.04.13

wordswag_1516374049629
Melanie
Nov 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Melanie by: chan ☆
Shelves: romance, read-in-2019
After I'm done crying about Jude and Cardan... on god.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
In The Unlikely Event that you are looking for a second chance romance... This is not it.
Was this truly an epic second chance romance? The very reason I decided to pick up this book in the first place?
I couldn't really say... under all the drama, the petty lies, the never-ending game of trying to one-up another with hurtful words and even revenge fucks... who knows? Somewhere under all that mess lies a fated love story that transcends all. Sadly, the love part must have been buried deep under
Rosita Bucio
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don’t know anything about it other than LJ Shen is the author, and honestly, that’s all I need.
mel
this was just problematic as hell.

i mean, come on.

(SPOILERS)

cheating. the drama with the boyfriend wasn’t solved satisfyingly for me and same goes for that married woman H had an affair with. (ps. H said he's not a cheater and he hates it but i consider sleeping with married women cheating sooo hypocrite much?) and h's lack of remorse or compassion towards her boyfriend... made me hate her to be honest.

the rape of H by h's half-sister and how that was swept under the rug??

making the rapist “
Turning Pages At ...: In the Unlikely Event by L. J. Shen 24 30 Dec 06, 2019 03:55PM

• Dirty Letters
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless #6)
  • Once Night Falls
  • Red Rain (Nameless #4)
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Play Dirty
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • The Game You Play (Rixon Raiders, #2)
  • The Elephant Tree
  • The Zombie Room
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • His Royal Highness
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Skater Boy  (Patchwork House #1)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up http://goo.gl/FwfMzr
Facebook
“I cannot let you burn me up, nor can I resist you. No mere human can stand in a fire and not be consumed.” —A.S. Byatt” 3 likes
“Isn’t that the essence of love? Find someone worth killing for? Someone with the power to ruin you?” 1 likes