Start by marking “Miracle on Three Kings' Day” as Want to Read:
Miracle on Three Kings' Day

Miracle on Three Kings' Day

Levi’s family knows he needs to find a way out of his funk and be a part of the world again. His brother, Jesse, invites Levi to join him in sunny Spain for the holidays, but a delay at the airport finds Levi at Jesse’s home while his brother is stranded in Scotland. Luckily Alejandro—Alex—is on hand with a key, a friendly smile, and a willingness to keep Levi company. He ...more
Published November 21st 2019 by Rainbow Romance Press (first published December 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Miracle on Three Kings' Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miracle on Three Kings' Day

Start your review of Miracle on Three Kings' Day
Meags
3.5 Stars

Levi heads to Spain for the Christmas holidays to visit his older brother, Jesse, and while there he meets an enigmatic man named Alex who takes Levi’s breath away.

Alex runs the local café, is best friends with Levi’s brother, and, for some reason unfathomable to Levi, seems to be interested in him, too.

Levi is undoubtedly attracted to the friendly and gorgeous Alex, but he’s shy and insecure, and is dealing with grief and misplaced guilt over the death of his father a year earlier.

As
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

Levi’s been in a funk ever since his father died a year ago in an accident that Levi partially blames himself for. He lands in Spain to visit his brother over the holidays and learns that his brother, who was visiting Scotland, is stuck there due to a blizzard that’s closed the airports. Not to worry though, his brother has arranged for his best friend, Alex, to let him into his house an
CrabbyPatty
Arriving in Spain for an extended New Years holiday with his brother, Levi finds himself alone, brother Jesse and his wife stranded in Scotland due to a blizzard. But Jesse's best friend Alex keeps him company and invites him to the holiday celebrations.

We learn about Three King's Day (Fiesta de las Reyes) which corresponds to Epiphany, and its' customs of las doces uvas de la suerte (the twelve grapes of luck), the Three King's cake and the traditional parade. Levi is soon captivated by the gor
Karen
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Miracle on Three King’s Day’ takes the reader from the usual North America location to...

...a small town on the coast of the beautiful country of Spain. Levi’s fallen into a rut and his family knows that somethings got to give to get him out of it. He needs a change. So it’s with this in mind that his brother Jesse sends him a ticket and invites him to spend the New Year in Spain. What neither Jesse nor Levi count on is Jesse getting stuck in Scotland and Levi finding himself alone in a cou
Meg
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very sweet novella. As with any short story, we don't get as much character development and world building as with a traditional novel, but I think the author did a fine job.

The story is told from one of the MC's POV, so we obviously learn more about his life than the other MC. He is a bit angsty, but is trying to overcome his issues. The author weaves the story's details so that we learn about the second MC and his life, which appears later in the story, and has the potential to put
Ruthie Taylor
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a short story which takes grieving Levi across the pond to Spain, to stay with his brother. Unfortunately snow hampers Jesse's return, and Levi is left to his own devices. I liked how we were brought the seasonal weather, even when in a Mediterranean holiday town - and the local custom of celebrating the Three Kings' added culture to the start of a very sweet romance. Levi needed the patience that Alex possessed
Gema Cela rodríguez
A Christmas story that's a quick and easy read, well written and quite enjoyable.
Amy Aislin
This was simply adorable, and the perfect holiday short story! It could've easily fallen into the insta-love category, but the author didn't go there. Instead we have a sweet novella with a lovely connection between Levi and Alex. I loved the underlying themes of moving on, of overcoming obstacles, of trying new things. There's some sadness here and Levi's loneliness is so perfectly done that I just wanted to hug him. The ending is really sweet, with the appropriate amount of happy for now with ...more
Serena Yates
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday, gay, read-2018
A change of venue is a good way to come out of a funk, as Levi finds out when he agrees to visit his brother, Jesse, in Spain for New Year’s Eve. Except it isn’t Jesse who turns out to be the biggest help – it is Jesse’s friend who comes to the rescue. This story is full of the unexpected for Levi, from the people to the customs, and the result just goes to show that breaking a routine can be an ideal way to find a new start.

Please find my full review of the second edition on Rainbow Book Review
Ayla
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, holiday, shorts

I really enjoyed this short! I immediately liked Levi and wanted to know his story. Alex was charming and sweet and I really just want more from these guys! This story was a sort of low-key romance but Alex and Levi were both two characters that I really wanted to get to know better. The writing was fluid and paced really well. The story seemed very authentic to the characters and them getting to know one another. When it ended, I was actually a little sad because I wanted more.

*** Copy
Alison
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Sweet, Perfect Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

When Levi decides to spend a little time with his brother Jesse in Spain, to clear his mind, the last thing he expected was to find something more, something he’d been longing for. Can Levi and Alex work through their pasts and embrace the possibility of a new future, together?

Beth Laycock has written a wonderful M/M Romance, from start to finish she held me captive in Levi’s story. I loved the added extra’s about the N
K.R. Phoenix
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars

Words can’t say how much I loved this story!

This story is so real and heartwarming, I fell for the characters almost instantly. Beth’s writing style is authentic, deep and endearing. She has set a scene that could be straight out of real like, in all its imperfect glory.

This story follows a troubled and lonely Levi who is accidentally abandoned at his brothers house; alone for the New Year. He is a bit lost and lonely but pushes himself to talk to a wonderfully handsome cafe owner,
Bran Zesti
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a sweet story, it was warm and caring. Make you want to wrap up in a warm blanket as you read it. Just a really really good story!!
Kat Cassidy
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is a beautiful dollop of festive joy! I loved everything about this. Beth Laycock's writing style is engaging and immersive--now I want to visit Spain--and her characterizations had me rooting for both MCs from the very start. Alex and Levi are both so sweet and genuine. My heart is so warmed. This is the perfect feel good holiday romance!
Kathryn Manzella
Levi is in a funk and his brother invites him to spend the holiday with him in Spsin, but travel issues find Levi at his brother's apartment alone. Luckily his brother's friend Alex has the key... an is very attractive. But is Levi ready to jump back into the world and embrace what can be.

A cute holiday read. Levi and Alex are good characters with an entertaining love story that warms your heart.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and
Ann
The author managed to pack a lot of story into 44 pages and the balance she struck worked really well for every branch of Miracle on Three King’s Day. It also made me want to book a trip to Spain and stay in Alex’s brothers place.

The author also managed to make miscommunication work in this short, probably because it was more assumption than miscommunication, but the short life of the confusion was perfect for me, it gave Levi and Alex a little conflict and the push that Levi needed. Levi’s ins
Amelia
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~* A copy of the book was provided for free by the author in exchange for an honest review via the MMRG Don’t Buy My Love Program. *~

I found Levi and Alex both to be likable characters. However, I think Alex could use some more character development. Maybe it’s because it’s written from Levi’s POV, I wish I knew more about Alex’s feeling towards Levi.

I liked the humor. I completely related to how Levi’s mind shut off when Alex spoke Spanish, and that part had me laughing out loud. (I also think
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3.5

Words can’t say how much I loved this story!

This story is so real and heartwarming, I fell for the characters almost instantly. Beth’s writing style is authentic, deep and endearing. She has set a scene that could be straight out of real-life, in all its imperfect glory.

This story follows a troubled and lonely Levi who is accidentally abandoned at his brother’s house, in a foreign country; alone for the New Year. He is a bit lost and lonely but pushes himself to t
Serena Yates
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday, gay, read-2020

Please find my full review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
Kragthang
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-compilation
Here we have Levi, visiting his older brother in Spain to get back on his feet after an incident that left his father dead. Levi has to spend the first few days alone, since his brother and his wife are stuck at an airport in Scotland. He uses the time to reflect, building sandcastles with cute little girls and crushing after the hot cafe owner Alex, who is also his brother's best friend. Cute story with an open end and the promise of more.
Suze
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy going Holiday read - nice to be set in Spain with their different traditions.
Levi is very young and insecure - didn’t really get to know what exactly happened with his Dad but guess this and other issues contribute to his feelings.
Alex is the Spainish bar owner - didn’t get a big feel for him as his history was more told to us.
Pleasant read, ended a bit abruptly but did like it.
Katy Beth Mckee
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday-winter
This was a sweet meeting story. It is a quick love but this seems to be a peek at the possibility for something new.
Nudlez
4.5* Sweet story
Julie
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
😍

Three kings, two men, a young girl, guilt and love. Simple sweet story taking place in Spain. Perfect for a short bedtime read. 😍
Ali
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Cute Story, though I felt like it wasn’t complete. Levi is basically swimming in unneeded guilt and his family hope that taking a trip will help him. I didn’t get too much of a read on Alex, he seems like a good guy but he kind of just pops in and out, always nice but pulled away by something and then Levi runs scared. I just felt that they needed some more fleshing out and an actual ending not a well see kind of thing.

I received a copy of this book and am giving an honest review.
inaword

• Haste Ye Back
  • Summer Santa
  • Santa on the Beach
  • Season to Shimmer
  • Hero for the Holidays (Spandex and Superpowers, #4)
  • 29 Hours to Eternity
  • Make a Circle
  • Holidays Are Where Your Heart Is
  • A Holiday Tradition
  • Trapped in the Valley of the Kings
Beth Laycock’s books are influenced by her time living overseas as well as the gritty, urban landscape of the north of England where she grew up.

She has been reading romance since she was old enough to tell herself that line every book lover does—just one more chapter.

As a teenager she attempted to write her first novel, and many more since then that are still gathering dust on her bookshelf. It w

News & Interviews