Start by marking “Dead Girl Walking (Barbie: The Vampire Hunter Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Dead Girl Walking (Barbie: The Vampire Hunter Book 2)

Dead Girl Walking

(Barbie: The Vampire Hunter #2)

I am beauty. I am grace. And yes, I will also punch you in the fucking face.

I never wanted to be a killer. Not until my entire family was slaughtered. Now, though? Now, killing is what I live for. And I’ve gone so far down my path for vengeance that there’s no going back.

I made a deal with a demon, and I liked it.

The power that comes with demon possession is heady.
Published December 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dead Girl Walking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Girl Walking

Start your review of Dead Girl Walking (Barbie: The Vampire Hunter Book 2)
LMR
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Lucinda Dark & Booksprout!
Dead Girl Walking (Barbie The Vampire Hunter Book 2) by Lucinda Dark Dead Girl Walking (Barbie: The Vampire Hunter Book 2) By: Lucinda Dark
She's A "Dead Girl Walking" Towards Revenge!
She's made a DEAL with a Demon to obtain Revenge,
But to fuel that Power, She'll NEED to get L@¡D... A lot!
Only She's resistant to the keep'n Up Relations of the Intimate Variety,
Sooo Her Power wanes... Until Her Faints!
But there's Battles to be Fought & She'll NEED to DO the deed!
I was granted, via B00|{$P0UT, an ARC of Lucinda Dark's "Dead Girl Walking (Barbie: The Vampire
Jean Bachen
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was even better than the first one in the series, and I cannot wait to see how this series ends in the next book!!! Barbie is beautifully full of wit and sarcasm, Mav and Torin are the perfect super hot book boyfriends, and the suspense is enough to make this book impossible to put down! The characters are really what make this book special - in addition to the main three, there is a super evil monster of a villain, plus a cast of supporting characters that draws you in and makes you not ...more
Amber
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Two thumbs up for book 2! The storyline was gripping and held my attention easily from beginning to end. I am excited to see how this plays out.
Ashley Shvetsova
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was amazing. Fantastic writing, great story/plot line and so much good action (in every way;)). Great escalation in the series. Finally she gets laid. The witch is a favorite of mine and I’m pretty sure Arrius is death reincarnated. The author leaves the book on a nicely timed cliffhanger, that I’m hoping turns into the 3 of them doing the Hanky panky and not a death lol! 10/10 I’m SO excited to see where this goes.

Jennifer G
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Barbie has been on a path of vengeance since her family was extinguished by a vampire. Her only goal is to destroy their murderer. She's even made a deal with a demon for more power. But with the power, there is a trade-off. Her demon is a succubus and to balance the power, Barbie needs to have sex. And major complication even though her partners are a sexy vampire who claims to be her mate and a gorgeous human willing to do anything for her.

This book was a bit of a let down after book one. To
Billie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am beauty. I am grace. And yes, I will also punch you in the fucking face.
I made a deal with a demon, and I liked it.
The power that comes with demon possession is heady. The more I use it, the more addicted I become even if it does come with a little catch. Sex demons need sex to survive, after all.
Erin Figueiredo
Phenomenal!

DAMN! This story is one thrilling roller coaster ride of epic proportions! The twists and turns throughout kept me on the edge of my seat fully captivated and highly entertained. The story keeps getting darker and more twisted! Love it!

Barbie is witty, fierce and becoming an even stronger kickass heroine. She is so strong but things aren’t going the way she planned! Now that she made a deal with a demon there’s no telling what she will be capable of. Some things she does not want to
Audrey
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I was really curious to see what Barbie was going to do about that deal she made with a demon in Book 1; how on earth could that have been a good idea? But this book fell a little flat on that front; it's as if the succubus was just a pretext for focusing way too much on sex in this book. I really like Barbie's spunk and attitude, so I was disappointed to see how her character developed in this book. Rather than being the kick*** heroine in charge of her own fate that I was looking for, she ...more
Dana
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book sees a continuation for Barbie, Torin, and Maverick from Rest in Pieces (Book 1). Each are fighting battles of their own as well as trying to work out how they go together. Torin is going through some family issues. Mav doesn't like feeling like a weak link. And Barbie is resisting coming, uh, to terms with her little demon that gives her the power she needs, but at a price. A price she argues with herself about a lot, which doesn't help anyone.

All three MC have their moments - both
Erin
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This second book starts off with Torin leaving town for weeks while Barbie and Maverick continue to train and hunt down vampires. I loved the jump right back in to action. This book builds upon the events of the last book mostly by focusing on the consequences of the deal Barbie made. The romance triangle is also taken up quite a few notches. Torin and Maverick struggle with their intense feelings for Barbie and they are not happy about the idea of sharing. Torin was my favorite in the last book ...more
Caroline Doig
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 to Barbie the Vampire Hunter I loved this story plus I love the blurb it made me chuckle and when I read it I had to put this into my review as well because I haven’t laughed at a blurb in a long time just the first sentence mind you, anyway this is the continuation from book 1 and it’s even better than the first one. I love Barbie she is such a kick ass character and she still has a mouth worse than a sailor, there is so much going on in this story that I’m not going to give any ...more
Laura Michelle
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I think this is book 2 in series so I was a bit confused in the beginning, I had no idea of what was going on. Still once i read few chapters the story picked up and was entertaining, action packed and full of great characters and witty comebacks. I liked Barbie, she was great though at times a bit whiny. Torin was interesting and somewhat different than other MMC's, in other words, not a d*** in the beginning, then grows on you. I liked their interactions and how the the story played out. Will ...more
Sam M
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series. Dead Girl Walking kicks off where book #1 (Rest in Pieces) left us.
I mean, Rest in Pieces was a brilliant read, but this book takes the story and characters to the next level.
Barbie - I really love this character, stands her ground, gives as good as she gets and will fights 'the bad guys'.
Torin and Mav **sighs** two totally different characters, that work SO well together. They give as good as they get and yet, support each other, yet push the boundaries.
The storyline just
S D W
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wanted it to be 5 stars... slight spolier

The first book was intriguing. The MFC was abrasive but I figure she was due some crankiness. The guys were different and I enjoyed it. The storyline kept me reading and waiting for book 2.

However, I almost stopped reading this book. The MFC denied, denied, denied until the point that she was freaking annoying. I get fighting back. Not succumbing right away. But being dumb about it is obnoxious and from a 1980s B rated movie. She out herself and the guys
Patricia
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dead Girl walking is better than the 1st book. It is fast paced action, emotionally charged, and finally some sexy time. After Barbie and Mav got past all of their angst, they work well as a team.This installment focuses more on Barbie’s inner turmoil with her demon and what she views as right and wrong. The end of the book is bittersweet but brings forth a new beginning for the trio, and their quest to kill Arrius Priest. I can’t wait to see how the trilogy ends

I received a free copy of this
SJ
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: menage, lucy-smoke
Okay, so Lucinda Dark is a writing goddess! The story continues, the plot thickens and the excitement grows exponentially. With a fiesty kick butt heroine and 2 gorgeous bad boys, I am absolutely adoring this series. I love the humour throughout the drama in this well written storyline, I am being kept in the edge of my seat, with twists I did not see coming. I am in complete awe and cannot wait for the next book, the writer draws you right in and with the multiple POV between the three main ...more
Denise Van plew
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not having read this author before but it had the ability to lure me in with what it promised. As you get the story of this one from Barbie I kinda also think I should of read the first one before this. I could follow it but that is usually what I do get caught up in a story when it has already begun. There seems to be touches of humor also that will balance it out. I found this one was alot about her. You do become caught up in this one but then it will also have just reeled you in for the ...more
Charlotte Clavier
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is so much more of everything going on in this book. More action and tension in all areas especially sexual. The steam level between Barbie (FMC), Torin and Maverick is reach epic proportions and its flaming great to read. Add to that Barbie's funny and sarcastic demon Satrina who pops up at the most inconvenient times but some of her remarks had me laughing. A comic relief in a series about revenge, trust and love. I just love the love triangle between these characters. Its great to read ...more
Meagan
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much love for this

I am loving these characters so hard! This book picks up a few weeks after the end of the first book, and I found myself fully immersed in this world again from the turn of the first page. We get to see more of Barbie’s signature snark, her push and pull with both Torin and Maverick, action & fight scenes, plus a little steam - and that ending!!! I can’t wait to get my hands on the next installment!
Jessica
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story picks up where book one stopped. Barbie continues her mission to find who killed her family with the help of Maverick and Torin. The relationship between Barbie and the guys grows as well as Mavericks and Torin’s relationship grows! The book leaves off on a small cliff hanger. Luckily book 3 will be out soon!

Frances Satterfield
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up seamlessly from where the first left off. The twists, turns, action and new revelations kept me glued to the page. The journey and the ending are both epic in my opinion and left me wanting more. It does end in a cliffhanger, but it is a great ending for me none the less. No spoilers here and if you are a Buffy fan, you will love Barbie. Happy Reading!

Cherie Stauffer
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vampires, demons and witches, oh my!

I didn't think it would get any better than the first book but Lucinda has proved me wrong.

The continued sexual tensions between the female MC and her two hotties is so steamy you will need to live in a freezer to cool yourself down. Lucinda has really taken this to the next level, with plot twists you can't see coming and just the right amount of snark. Awesome second book and I can't wait to read the next one.
Katy Rose
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I bow to the awesomeness of this book

I am left shookith! Seriously! This book takes a bite out of you and holds you into a trance until it spits you out right on the side of a cliff to hang out for book three! I had to read this book in one go because I couldn't freaking stand to not know! And now, I am left hanging out, thank you so much Lucinda Dark! You sadist! Also, Maverick and Gordon need to get it in!
Joy Whiteside
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing read that I could not put down no matter what was going on around me. It moved along at an amazing pace making for an enjoyable read. You cannot help but fall in love with these characters. They are amazing and feel so real that you feel as though you know them personally. The story will take you away from your everyday reality. It is amazing. This is a must read, no doubt about it.
Anna
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Barbie just keeps on giving us everything we need. We still have her sass, her spunk, her just all around bad @ssness. Torin and Mav just keep growing on me as well. Yes they can be total butts sometimes but they both have hearts of gold. This book brings them all a little bit closer. It also tears them way apart. We learn more about Torin, his past. His family. We have a ton of action going on in this one. I just don't even know what all to tell you. Just read it. You won't regret it.
Chrystal M Delgado
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better! Dead girl Walking is still full of action and has a great story/plot line. I cannot get enough of Barbie's wit and sarcasm. I laughed a lot reading this one. The sexual tension is still plenty of sexual tension, but there is finally some sexy times. This book will keep you on the edge of you seat with all of the twists & turns, but it is so worth it & that ending!!!! I cannot wait to read the conclusion of Barbie's story!
Samantha
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another stellar installment in the Barbie series! If you’ve been avoiding this series because Barbie doesn’t sound like a bad*** name, think again! This is Barbie like we’ve never seen before! She’s strong, powerful, and a little on the crazy for vengeance side. Lol. There were definitely times during this series where I wondered if she was letting vengeance rule her life. You should read it and decide for yourself!
Marisa
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Barbie is one of the funniest and sassiest heroines ever! I never know what she’s going to say until she says it and that’s one of the best parts. Barbie doesn’t hold back and says exactly what she thinks. If you haven’t read this series yet you need to download it ASAP. This book has a few more twist and turns than book one and after that cliffhanger at the end, I’m very impatiently waiting for book 3.
Annalisa
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Vengeance and destruction thy name is barbie. Barbies language could make a sailor blush and shes snarky and angry too. She wants justice for her family. The characters are compelling. The story is wrought with anger and vengeance. I could not put the book down. It was thrilling. I cannot wait for the next one.

Scarolet Ellis
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dead Girl Walking by Lucy Smoke / Lucinda Dark is an awesome story that I have read. This is book number two in this awesome series that I have loved reading and I can not wait to read book number three in this series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who love reading about vampires, demons and paranormal romances.

• Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy Series, #1)
  • Found and Forged (The Lost Sentinel, #4)
  • Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
  • Twisted is the Crown (Dark Maji, #3)
  • Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
  • Boys and Burlesque
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Baby & the Late Night Howlers
  • Monsters (Prodigium Academy #1)
  • Whisper of Spirits (FSID Agents #1)
  • Dearly Departed (Afterworld Academy #1)
  • First Kill (Cain University #1)
  • All the Teacher's Bad Boys: Brother's Best Friends Paranormal MC Romance
  • Unwanted (Their Shifter Academy #1)
  • Hellish Fae (Monsters and Miseries #1)
  • Vampire Debt: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #2)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)

Barbie: The Vampire Hunter (3 books)
  • Rest in Pieces (Barbie: The Vampire Hunter #1)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Barbie the Vampire Hunter Book 3)