Start by marking “The Teaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
The Teaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5.5)

The Teaching Hours

(How to Date a Douchebag #5.5)

Everyone says Rex Gunderson isn't boyfriend material. Everyone says he isn't serious enough. Everyone says he’s a joke. Rumor has it, the disgraced ex-manager of the wrestling team left campus with his tail between his legs.

But now Rex is back—nowhere near the douchebag he used to be—and ready to prove everyone wrong.

The leopard has changed his spots, and he’s about to bec
Published May 5th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Teaching Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Teaching Hours

Start your review of The Teaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5.5)
Christy
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

photo IMG_6532_zpsjbbrgztg.png
“Maybe it’s time to give the nice guy a shot”

If you’re a fan of Sara Ney’s ‘How to Date a Douchebag’ series, you know and love Rex Gunderson. Rex is hilarious and sweet but has never been considered dating material. He’s back to help with the team after he’s graduated and he’s a changed man.

Hannah is Skylar’s roommate (from The Lying Hours) and needs a little help on the dating scene. She’s blunt, sarcastic, and comes across standoffish to her dates. She and Rex match on
Jennifer Kyle
May 14, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars 🌟
ABookLover73
FIVE DOUCHE STARS for Hannah and Rex ❤🖤❤🖤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I LOVE THIS NOVELLA SO MUCH!!!

Okay, let's go from the beginning...

I absolutely love Sara Ney's writing style because her books always make me laugh a lot and in the "How to Date a Douchebag" series there are a lot of useful quotes that I became using in my real life.

Why?

Because they are so true and hilarious!

"The Teaching Hours" is a romantic comedy novella with fake date trope.

Hannah is a female character who with her need to learn how to date gu
Carmen Rae
I love Sara Ney and I especially love this series. And what's even better than a random novella by Sara Ney? One that contains 2 secondary characters from some of the other books.

Rex was king of the douches. And I really love that him becoming the "funcle" to Annabelle's beautiful baby girl made him into a semi decent human being. And seeing him be so sweet and slightly vulnerable for Hannah was awesome.

I love Hannah she's so fierce yet as the main character she was just your average insecure ne
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula, shelly
AHHH!! Rex Gunderson's book was THE book that I have wanted from the beginning of Sara Ney's Dbag series. There is something about the sarcastic and snarky (former) wrestling team manager that I was intrigued by, especially after The Coaching Hours. For that reason when I came across his story in the Team Player 2 anthology I could not jump on his story fast enough!

The Teaching Hours was a fun and sexy story of opposites attracting and alllll the fun to be had in the process. After Rex redeemed
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars
This was like the icing on a perfectly scrumptious cake for me. I've loved the Douchebag series, and even though Rex was like an annoying fly for me for most of the series, I still couldn't help but wonder if he'll ever get a HEA. You get to see him grow throughout the series little by little. So getting this novella as a bonus and reading about his finally finding a girl that gets him. Perfection!

While this is a standalone novella, you'd be doing yourself a huge disservice reading this
Meredith Wilson
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
The Teaching Hours is a quick, fun and lighthearted read that I absolutely loved! Now I normally won't read a novella. Just as I really start getting into the story... bam, it's over. But hello... Sara Ney wrote it. I will never pass up anything that she writes. I love her fun, smart and quirky writing.

Rex is back, and he's met his match in Hannah. She is awkward, outspoken and needs to be schooled on landing a man. And who better to teach her than the reformed douchebag himself. What follows i
Irene Sim
Originaly read as part of the Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology

I was one of many who ended crashing on Rex at the end of The Coaching Hours. Who could resist a guy that is so cool around babies? Reading about him in the novella confirmed that Rex is douchebag no more and he is the perfect match for Skylar's roommate, Hannah. Loved it!
Meegz Reads
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I never thought I would want more Rex Gunderson. I despised the guy until he appeared in The Coaching Hours, and then I suddenly wanted to know more about him.

This was a really fun little novella, and I loved Rex. While I love that Sara Ney has given us some Rex, I really wish it was a full length novel, rather than a novella. Here's hoping we might get some scenes from him at a later date.

The novella itself was really fast and easy
Kahea

***4 Stars***

Rex Gunderson.

To say I wanted to gut the guy with a spoon is an understatement. HUGE one.

And that feeling lasted through all the books until The Coaching Hours. I still wanted to gut him a few times, but by the end of the book I did look at him a bit more kindly, so when it was announced that he’d actually be getting a little something I was intrigued and I have to say this was a great, quick read.

I won’t say that Rex is my fav DB, that honor is still Z’s, but I can’t deny that
Mysza
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and cute. It's a nice addition if you liked this series. ...more
Courtney
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The Teaching Hours is a novella in the How to Date a Douchebag series. It was also part of sports romance collection.   I never read it in the Team Player #2 collection but I am going to assume nothing was added or changed since it's listed as novella within this series.

I really enjoyed this quick and fresh college romance. I am sure that many romance readers would want more  from this story, but I think Sara did this book right.  These kids are in college and truly wanting to have fun.  Neithe
Cassidy
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This novella reminds me why I love the douchebags. I want more. It’s just a slice and I want the whole darn pie. Leaving me with butterflies in my stomach and a smile on my face.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was super cute! After Rec redeemed himself with Annabelle, I was dying for a book for him. Hannah is a hot mess, but it all turned out really cute. But him with Lilly? Takes the cake. Adorkable.
Eliza
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, may-2020

★3.5 STARS★

The former class clown becomes the teacher in Sara Ney’s latest instalment in The Douchebag series. If you remember well, Rex Gunderson was the team manager to our favourite bunch of wrestlers, that was until he got himself fired by making a silly bet involving the coach’s daughter.

Rex is back on campus and finds himself on the popular student body dating app. He matches with Hannah, roommate to Skylar from The Lying Hours. Although they quickly write of any chance of romance between
Karen Mc
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it

Oh did I love being back in the Douchebag world! Sara Ney is a master storyteller whose writing is romcom crack! In her latest How to Date a Douchebag delight, The Teaching Hours, Ney delivers another laugh-out-loud, thigh-clenching, heart-thumping time that had me craving more. This novella packs a punch—oozing with heat, humor, and heart—and is everything I want and need in a romcom.

Rex is back!!! He’s a bit older and wiser but still all the funny. This tale is a test for Rex to be a gentleme
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„Let me explore how I feel about you.”

I’m completely obsessed with Sara Ney’s HTDAD series and Rex Gunderson was a constant part of this world. I’m thrilled that Sara decided to give him his own HEA. But who could tame the biggest jerk on the planet? Well, apparently the bigger one, that’s who!

This novella shows perfectly how Rex has changed after graduation. He’s not so bad now, I’d even say that he’s really cute, and it looks like he’s well equipped to teach a girl he randomly met on a dat
Mia
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
aww this was cute! can't believe I missed the release of Rex's story but so happy he finally got his HEA! ...more
Jeeves Reads Romance
What a short and playful little treat for fans of Sara Ney's Douchebag series! Anyone who has followed the series from the start is familiar with Rex, wrestling manager and douchebag in his own right. Throughout the series, we saw him change and evolve, becoming a better person and worthy of his own love story. This quick, fun novella shows Rex moving forward and finding the potential for love with his own heroine.

I'll be honest - if you're not already a fan of the series, this novella isn't a
Anna
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe Sara got me to fall for Rex Gunderson!!

I will have to confess before I read this novella, I still had a pretty strong dislike for Rex. Mind you, my reading of the series had been interrupted in book 4 when I suspect he might have gotten some of his redemption since he's now the funcle to Elliott & Annabelle's daughter. I certainly didn't see that coming.

And Hannah is hilariously awkward and so perfect for Rex.

He has definitely changed. And thank goodness for that! I loved the ch
Kari Hansen
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rex is back to help with the wrestling team and he is just as much fun as ever but with a new found maturity that only makes him that much more appealing. When he meets Hannah on the college dating app he is intrigued by her and agreed to become her dating teacher.

Hannah has no filter and she tends to speak first and think second which hasn’t boded well for her interactions with men. Getting some help from Rex, who is very comfortable when it comes to dating, might be just what she needs as long
Jamie
Apr 28, 2020 marked it as will-not-read
I hated Rex in every single previous book and he is not a redeemable character imo.
Jen Zingaro
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: college
LOVED THESE TWO AND I WANT MORRRREEEEE!
This novella was perfect. Hannah and Rex were freaking adorable together and the banter had me in stitches. I can't get enough of these douchebag books.
Gina *loves sunshine*
Dec 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, ebook, novella
I'm used to novellas being short, I am usually prepared. But man, this cut me off at the knees......I wanted more of these two!!!! cute and sweet and fun banter! I'm glad Rex finally had a shot at love. I guess this is the end of this series and spins to Jock Row!?!? ...more
Shelly | VixenReads
I have been waiting for Rex to have his day and it. finally. came!!!
I adored Rex in all his adorkable sweetness with Hannah and I adored Hannah in all her bumbling straightforwardness with Rex.
I was all into the book and then I saw the words The End and was legit confused 🤔. Somewhere along the way I missed the fact this was a novella and was immediately devastated. I would’ve much preferred Rex to have his full story told; he deserved it after the bad rap he got. Sigh 😐. This really should’ve
Lisa Mandina
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So, I forgot I’d already read this as part of the Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology. But that’s okay, because I enjoyed it just as much this time as I did then. Obviously as short as this was it was very easy to get read in less than a day. But it was so sweet to once again get to see Rex get his own story. I know Rex was a PIA in the rest of the series, but in the end, I just couldn’t help but want him to get his own chance at love. Also love his term, “funcle”-fun uncle. How do I make a term l ...more
Christie
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
*I read this novella as part of the Team Player Anthology*

If you've read the Douchebag books, you'll know that Rex Gunderson is one of those love or hate characters. I was never his biggest fan, but that was because I hated how he got in the middle of Anabelle and Elliot's relationship. I actually kind of liked his redemption arc, and was looking forward to his book.

Sara Ney did a great job of making Hannah and Rex - two kind of asshole characters - actually likeable, while still upholding thei
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
Finally we got short and sweet HEA story of the biggest and reformed douchebag (in my opinion) Rex Gunderson.  He made his douchy appearance in a lot of books and boy was there a lot to dislike. However, if you have been reading and following the series sometime around The Coaching Hours you really got the true heart of Rex.

Hannah is also not a stranger to the series and roommate to Skylar from The Lying Hours (and while I mention their brief appearances do not be discouraged from reading this
Rebecca
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
There’s no doubt in my mind that the name Rex Gunderson echoed in the hallways of the university, in the sports locker room, and maybe even amongst college wrestlers, but the thing about that recognition is that it wasn’t positive, which means that when Rex left, other wrestlers, college students and even fans didn’t have the best impression of him and actually were glad he left.

But I knew that wasn’t the last time readers would see Rex, and I couldn’t wait to see how well he was received and w
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
Oh wow. I ADORED THIS SO MUCH!!!! Rex...MY BOY!!!!!! He was perfection. Patient. Kind. SWOONWORTHY. And Hannah, she was so funny and weird and unlike most chicks. I loved her charm. They both had me laughing out loud. You know how sometimes novellas kind of feel rushed? Or basically not as fulfilling as a regular sized book? That was NOT the case with The Teaching Hours. This was, by far, my FAVORITE novella ever. I am so sad it wasn't longer and my baby Rex didnt have a full book but thats ok. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • The Virgin Gift (The Gift #2)
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Wrong (Cafe, #1)
  • After We Collided (After, #2)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • After Ever Happy (After, #4)
  • Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
  • Watch With Me (Voyeur #4.5)
  • The Locker Room (The Brentwood Boys, #1)
  • More of You (Confessions of the Heart, #1)
  • Missing in Action (Walsh Series Spinoff, #2)
  • After We Fell (After, #3)
  • Scrooged
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte's, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British. ...more

How to Date a Douchebag (5 books)
  • The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)
  • The Failing Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #2)
  • The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #3)
  • The Coaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #4)
  • The Lying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5)