Start by marking “The Bartender's Secret (Masterson, Texas #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bartender's Secret (Masterson, Texas #1)

The Bartender's Secret

(Masterson, Texas #1)

Her perfect man is hiding an imperfect past

When street smart meets book smart…

Connor McClaine notices Delphinia Ray the first time she walks into his bar. Quiet, sheltered, educated, the shy Shakespeare professor is way out of his league. But “whoever loved that loved not at first sight?” The rough-edged bar owner tries to push her away, convinced she can’t handle
Published February 1st 2020 by Harlequin Special Edition

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Bartender's Secret by Caro Carson
    The Bartender's Secret (Masterson, Texas #1)

Release date: Feb 01, 2020
    USA Today bestseller, RITA winner Caro Carson launches her "Masterson, Texas," series with The Bartender's Secret, a fresh take on opposites-attract.

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 3 copies available, 968 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jun 14 - Jul 14, 2021

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Bartender's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bartender's Secret

Start your review of The Bartender's Secret (Masterson, Texas #1)
    Erin Cataldi
    Feb 21, 2021 rated it liked it
    Shelves: 2021
    I will admit that it has been a long time since I've read a Harlequin - not that I've actively avoided reading them - the books haven't crossed my path in a long time. I was instantly intrigued by the title because my boyfriend is a bartender and I though this would be a fun read. I loved the opening because it featured a beautiful young professor reading in the bar who catches the eye of the the bartender and pub owner. He assumes she is a student because they are in a college town and she look ...more
    Debbie
    Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: contemporary
    The Bartender’s Secret
    Caro Carson

Caro Carson debuts the Masterson Texas series with a fantastic forbidden love story. Her small college town setting is spot on complete with jocks profs and the watering hole that brings them all together and her Shakespearian references match the story and the sentiment perfectly. The real stand outs are her two main characters, Connor and Delphinia, they’re unforgettable, both very genuine, both not happy in their lives and Caro’s amazing dialogue will let read
    Ann Major
    Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I knew this would be a great book because I have enjoyed all of Caro Carson’s previous books. I was so excited about it, I took it with me on a recent vacation and read it on the plane and then late into the night. I even delayed breakfast the next morning so I could finish it. Then, after I finished reading it, the characters haunted me and I wished it were longer.

I loved the characters. Their stories touched me so profoundly I totally lost myself in their world.

This is a badboy/good girl stor
    Susan
    I loved this book. I started reading it during the afternoon and, except for stopping for dinner, didn't quit reading until I finished it late last night. As a former English major, I loved the English professor heroine and the Shakespeare themes that ran throughout. It was easy to see myself in "Dr. Dee's" students. My college was also a small one located in a small town, so I could relate to the setting also.

I loved the two main characters, Dr. Delphinia Ray and Connor McClaine. Delphinia is
    Beatrice Followill
    I loved this books characters from the very beginning , Connor and Delphinia have that instant connection that true soul mates have. I love that she is a teacher and he actually reads, so they have that connection as well, but What I really loved about this book is that if left me wanting more , more stories from this couple , more banter , more everything .
    Peggy Baldwin
    Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I loved reading this book and loved the characters its a case where opposites attract and fall in love.
    Delphinia is being controlled by her parents and abusive boyfriend and Connor is protective of her but afraid to get to close because of past secrets
    NAOMI
    May 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I gave The Bartender's Secret by Caro Carson 4 stars. What I liked best about the characters, Delphinia and Connor, is that she's an accomplished college professor respected by her students, yet she's not pretentious. And Conner is a street-savvy successful pub owner, yet he's not a goon.
    This sensual romance had a refreshingly unexpected ending, but still has HEA.
    I received a complimentary copy, the author was so nice to sign my copy.
    This is my second book from Caro Carson and I'm looking forwar
    Kimberly
    Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    An amazing story with Drama, Love, and educational. There was so many way this book could have ended and had me guessing the whole entire time. I cannot wait to read the next book!
    Aly
    Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    "How does a bookwork proposition you? "Hey, hottie. Let's get naked and talk about literature." Does size matter when it comes to books?"

Literature, theater and drinks !

An Irish pub is where it began for Delphinia Ray and the owner, Connor McClaine. A bar where the community college teacher went to read and help her students repeat Shakespeare's words.

It's instant attraction for Delphinia and Connor and they soon realized they're both bookworm, but she already have a suitor and Connor knows the
    Teri-K
    Exceptionally good category romance. The heroine is a rather shy young college professor who's not figured out how to stop being pushed around by her parents, who love her but never learned to listen to her. The hero was convicted of a felony - joy riding - as a teenager and now runs a pub where he charms the ladies and stays out of trouble.

There were times these people broke my heart just a bit and other times I cheered them on. The only thing that left me a little let down was the too quick an
    Marissa Mariano
    Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This book is a must read for romance lovers. I couldn’t put it down! This book had me swooning the whole time! I love that it’s set in an Irish pub and the main characters are so loveable! It’s the cutest most cozy read ever! I can’t say enough good things but Caro Carson is a romance genius! I can’t wait to read more books by her... seriously had me wanting more page by page... I couldn’t read it fast enough!
    Jeriann Fisher
    Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    The Professor and the Bartender

Professor Delphinia Ray is all wrong for Connor McClain, the owner of an Irish Pub in a Texas college town. The shy English lit instructor seeks to prove him wrong in this endearing & beautiful study of two people who could be so good for each other despite the differences in their pasts.

This is a sweet, clean read.
    Judy Marshall
    Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Very Good Book
    This book is a bit different from her others. Right from page 1 it piqued my interest and it captured my attention! I didn't want to put it down...and the ending was so unexpected. Will probably read it again because it made me feel that good!
    Judy
    Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    A most surprising romance novel, without sex, yet deeply sensual. It explores the attraction between someone who lives the life of the mind and someone who has experienced prison, brought together by Shakespeare.
    Dyan Carness
    Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I don’t know if there are enough ways for me to express how much I love this book! I have tried writing a review for a few days but keep getting drawn back to one passage. All i will say is read the book (especially page 130)!
    Obviously I highly recommend this book!
    Harlequin Books