Start by marking “The Carnivore Code” as Want to Read:
The Carnivore Code

The Carnivore Code

What you’ll find in this book:

My goal with this book is to provide the ultimate resource for those interested in the science behind the carnivore diet, and guidance for how to eat this way in order to achieve optimal health.

I discuss our ancestral origins as hunters, and how eating animals made us human. I go into detail about plant toxins of all types, where they are foun
Published by Indigo River Publishing (first published February 11th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Carnivore Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Carnivore Code

Start your review of The Carnivore Code
Chris Moore
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is not even out yet, how are people rating it so low? The anti meat agenda is already showing itself
Nital Jethalal
Feb 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
His discussion of polyphenols, amongst others, doesn't check out. I also am not fan of vegans who overdo the health angle. I'm currently looking into some of the more vocal criticisms of Dr. Gregers research and will also be reviewing his book shortly (likely negative).

I've learned a lot from @AviBittMD who is vegan MD who calls out both vegan and carnivore docs. From the health lens, eating 90/10 plant/animals (not factory farmed) is sufficient for huge gains.

Saldinos claims about fruits and
Elizabeth
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Good book, well researched, clearly written, and realistic in its approach on how to improve your life (that not everyone is going to be ready to go full carnivore, but one can make significant strides through a step - level approach.)

My biggest accolades to the author for challenging the status quo messages that meat is evil and that a plant based diet is optimal (to the point of having become a sacred cow). Dr Saladino puts forward some really compelling suggestions and evidence as to why meat
Lukas
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Paul Saladino proposes a a very uncommon (in his words 'radical') thesis, that an animal based diet be the best for human health and performance.

I have to admit, it is tough to go unbiased into discussion about optimizing diet and nutrition. There are many partys with different interests and countless opinions on every nuance on the topic. However, Saladino gives the impression of a rounded and science based examination. For a reader like me, who is not a professional in this field, studies and
Leilagriffiths
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Intriguing concept and a very thoroughly argued manifesto for meat.

It has made me reflect on a few long-held beliefs however I do find the gung ho approach possibly too much. He argues that plants such as turmeric are not as beneficial as they are supposed to be and even inflammatory.

He attempts to dismiss claims that red meat has any negative health impact such as described by S Gundry in The Plant Paradox.

Hard to know what to think.

On balance I enjoyed the book, am open to trying it on a p
Robert Gryn
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After 2 years on keto during which I was reading and researching about the carnivore diet.. This was the book that finally got me to take the plunge. 15 days in I'm feeling amazing. Loving this diet + the gamification aspect of it. Always trying to find high quality animal food 😎
Kerith Stull
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such an interesting concept and loved the archeological/historical chapters. The “how to” could have been a bit clear, more specific, especially about “better” vegetable and fruit options. The middle section on the chemistry was a lot of technical information. Good but felt like the author was writing for other medical professionals to prove his theories, not for potential “users”. Hearing him on podcasts, I believe that’s just his style.
Diana Walton
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book helped me to be more comfortable with my choice to go Carnivore from Keto. It's very sciency and in depth but I feel confident that there is good science to back up the Carnivore way of eating. I also like that he gave different levels of Carnivore so that there is not just one way to do this diet.
Gabe
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You can read this book in one of two ways: casually, accepting his well laid out, methodical/scientific explanation of how the diet is good for you - or focused, with attention to detail, etc. so that you can understand and explain a lot of the important data to others after you are done. Either way, it's a great book that will likely turn many of your beliefs upside down.
Uroš Mikolič
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some parts are super interesting with big details, but others lack the same depth. It seems that the author was in a hurry to publish the book, so he left out some important information. Despite all this, it is a book worth reading.
Winna
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read books about veganism 8 years ago and tried it out. Now, in the quest of trying to be open-minded, I read about carnivorism. 4 stars due to occasional disliking of author's style of writing that caused occasional cringes in my face.
Magnus Härlin
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Very one sided but still an interesting read with many good points as well just wish that the focus would have been more on the preferred diet and not so much bashing of everything else.
Courtney
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This entire book challenges the status quo. It’s fantastic.
Derek
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A masterpiece. Animal foods are the best foods.
Julie
Mar 12, 2020
Stanislav Kozlovski
Apr 18, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1)
  • Calypso
  • China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians, #2)
  • The Carnivore Diet
  • The Carnivore Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Optimal Health by Returning to Our Ancestral Diet
  • Sacred Cow: The Case for (Better) Meat: Why Well-Raised Meat Is Good for You and Good for the Planet
  • The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss
  • The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
  • The Align Method: 5 Easy Steps to Transform Your Posture, Age-Proof Your Body, and Sharpen Your Mind
  • Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
  • Everything is F*cked: A Book About Hope
  • Weight Lifting Is a Waste of Time : So Is Cardio, and There’s a Better Way to Have the Body You Want
  • You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter
  • Being Hungry Makes You Healthy: One Meal a Day and You'll Look 20 Years Younger!
  • Los mitos me tienen gordo y enfermo
  • Dieta Cetogénica: El protocolo de una alimentación efectiva
  • El milagro metabólico
  • Ayuno Intermitente: 6 métodos eficaces para perder peso, fortalecer los músculos, aumentar su metabolismo, conseguir una óptima condición cetogénica, ... la salud a todo nivel
Functional medicine (IFMCP) and psychiatry. Fascinated by connections between nutritional biochemistry and chronic illness.

News & Interviews