Start by marking “The Best Man Problem” as Want to Read:
The Best Man Problem

The Best Man Problem

(Mile High Happiness #2)

Lilly Walsh is used to keeping things buttoned-up and aboveboard. After all, the last time she hooked up with someone in a wedding party, it nearly cost her her wedding planning business. Thankfully, those rules don’t apply when she meets a handsome stranger in a hotel bar. One bad pirate joke leads to the best night of her life, but come morning, she’s got a wedding to ...more
Published January 20th 2020 by Entangled: Lovestruck

To ask other readers questions about The Best Man Problem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Man Problem

Start your review of The Best Man Problem
Stacee
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
I loved this premise and was eager to settle in with a quick and fun read.

I liked Lilly and Lincoln. They’re both driven people who are loyal to their friends. They definitely had chemistry and a decent amount of conversation, but I never really saw the spark that every character talked about. Both of their inner monologues just talked about how hot and sexy the other one was. The are other characters, but no one stood out.

Plot wise it was meh. There’s loads of push and pull and while I can
Ayekah
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More good times with Mariah, the woman can write a great story. I didn't put this one down!
Once again Mariah outdoes herself with this comical story between uptight Lilly and a one night oops and now best man for the wedding she is planning, Lincoln.

Lilly is the detail oriented, twisted a little tight, and public face of Mile High that she partners with her two best friends. Lilly has a firm rule of not mixing business and pleasure. And doesn't she get the surprise of her life when the wedding
MaríaLuisa
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

I absolutely adored this story. The author’s writing style flows very easily and made me connect with and care for both Lilly and Lincoln very deeply. The friendships were also fantastic and the dynamics between the different characters, really entertaining. I specially enjoyed Mo’s antics and definitely plan to read her book (which I assume will be next in the series). In summary, I found this to be a very fun, sweet and heartfelt story and I enjoyed it immensely. I would definitely
Janet Walden-West
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in The Mile High Happiness series, and it's just as fun and steamy as The Best Friend Problem.
If you love:
*Smart, capable heroines
*Hot, adorable heroes
*Witty, fast-paced banter
*An awesome friend/support network
*Forced Proximity setups
this is the read for you.
JM Spade
Dec 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
This was a typical romance book. I enjoyed it and found myself sucked in and reading because I connected to the story and the characters! Our past always shapes our future so I understood the conflict of the relationship, but so thankful for such great friends! This is a great book for anyone who loves reading about friends and romances!
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
“The spark is all that matters.”

After a disastrous relationship almost ruined her and her friend’s budding wedding planning business, Lilly has sworn off getting involved with anyone associated to the wedding party. She didn’t count on her completely spontaneous one night stand, Lincoln no-last-name, turning up as the best man to her current wedding!

Yes, they instantly clicked but that night was a one and done deal. And as best man, he’s become instantly off limits. No way is Lilly going to
Natalie
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This one was a bit of a challenge for me. Typically, I don’t like a lot of physical romance in the stories I read. I struggled to find depth with both the characters and plot. At times I did enjoy the writing and the characters, but unfortunately there were times I didn’t connect with the main characters like I wish I could have.

Lilly is the go-to wedding planner in Colorado. If there’s a ex crashing a wedding or an in-law that’s had too much to drink and starts karaoke, she knows exactly how
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I had fun with Lilly and Lincoln in The Best Man Problem, the second story in the Mile High Happiness series. While I hadn’t read the first story in this series (something I plan to fix soon) I didn’t find myself lost in the least as what I felt I needed to know from the previous story was addressed in the dialogue between the characters.

On the surface, Lilly and Lincoln had one night of passion and that should have been it – but Lady Karma knows when to hit low at
Sharon Tyler
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
The Best Man Problem is the second book in the Mile High Happiness series by Mariah Ankenman. While the characters are very connected, newcomers can still fully enjoy the read on its own. It is currently scheduled for release on January 20 2020.

Alicia
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Blurb:
Lilly Walsh is used to keeping things buttoned-up and aboveboard. After all, the last time she hooked up with someone in a wedding party, it nearly cost her her wedding planning business. Thankfully, those rules don’t apply when she meets a handsome stranger in a hotel bar. One bad pirate joke leads to the best night of her life, but come morning, she’s got a wedding to plan.

Lincoln Reid never imagined he’d see the woman who rocked his world last night and then ran out on him ever
Eileen
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, publisher
I enjoyed Lilly and Sally’s love story in The Best Man Problem by Mariah Ankenman, book two in the Mile High Happiness series. Wedding planner Lilly Walsh likes to play it safe and avoid getting too involved. That’s because the last time she hooked up with someone in a wedding party she almost lost her wedding planning business. So no worries when she meets a handsome strange in a hotel bar. Bad pirate jokes lead to the best night of her life, but come morning, she escapes before he wakes ...more
Deanna (Deanna Reads Books)
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books

I read the first book in Mariah Ankenman's Mile High Happiness series, The Best Friend Problem and thought it was a cute romance. The same went for book two, The Best Man Problem. The second book is about Lilly, she is a cautious woman who is a bit closed off. And Lincoln, and man she has a one-night stand with and ends up being the best man to the wedding she is working on!! Lilly doesn't mix business with pleasure anymore
Jamie
Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing an advanced copy of “The Best Man Problem” by Mariah Ankenman. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

I started off the year wanting to read more romance so this fit the bill. This story was short and fluffy following Lilly after engaging in an out-of-character one night stand. Despite feeling chemistry with the guy (Lincoln), she sneaks out on him but is later confronted with him again when it turns out she’s planning his best friend’s wedding.

Emmie (Oncemorewithreading)
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mariah Ankenman has done it again. Although the second book in her Mile High Happiness series this can be read as a standalone and I honestly recommend it. Ankenman’s writing style has you emotionally invested in these character’s stories and makes it impossible for you to put down and craving more when its over.

This book follows Lilly, who I found myself connecting with in the first book in the series ‘The Best Friend Problem’ and was so happy that this book focused on her and the possibility
Wendy
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: feel-good
Although not having read The Best Friend Problem, it was very easy to read The Best Man Problem. The story is light and funny and has the right swoonfactor.
Lilly has her own wedding business with her best friends Pru and Mo. Having had a very bad experience with a relationship with one of her wedding customers, makes Lilly very scared to have any involvement with one of her customers. Fortunately this does not apply to handsome strangers in a bar. But when said handsome stranger turns out to be
Gmr
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can one night turn into forever?
Not if these two have anything to say about it...
...but then again, the heart wants what it wants.

One of a string of recent Entangled Publishing reads I've completed and yet another to add to the stack of OMG-THIS-WAS-SO-GOOD! Grant it, this one has a bit more spice than the last one, but I can't say anything else even slightly negative about it. I adored the lead characters and their interfering (but with so much love!) friends. Getting to know them only made the
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
What I Loved: The back and forth banter in The Best Man Problem was adorable! I feel like the book was comical and light in just the right places and it really kept me interested.

How I Felt: I found this story to be a fun, cute romance-read. It started off with such a fun scene and I was immediately drawn into the story and interested in the main character, Lily. At times I didn’t feel quite as invested in Lily and Lincoln, but at other times, I felt their connected and was very interested.
2kasmom
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tech, wedding-planner
This is book #2, in the Mile High Happiness series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers, and to really understand the series, I recommend reading these in order.

Lilly is not known to have a one night stand. When she does actually indulge, she feels free and like it was the right thing to do. Later, she finds she is going to run in to Lincoln repeatedly.

Lincoln is glad to see Lilly again. He was wondering what made her leave without any clue. When they seem to be
Nadine A
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

I really struggled to get into this book. I must admit, third person POV is not my favorite. It takes a really good story to get me to connect to the characters. And I just didn’t feel it. Not a connection towards the characters individually or to each other’s.

Lilly runs a successful wedding planning business along with two of her friends.
After her friend’s wedding, she feels lonely and ends up having a one night stand.

Only to find out that the best man of the next wedding she’s
Donna (More Than a Review)
The Best Man Problem by Mariah Ankenman is a romantic comedy that I had a little trouble with. The storyline could have worked. Lily has a one night stand with a guy who ends up being the best man in the next wedding she is planning.

What I did like:
I mostly liked Lincoln’s character and he totally won me over with the ending.
Lincoln’s friends were adorable. If they had their own book I would read it.
Lilly’s friendships and her success at her job

What I didn’t like:
Lilly was successful at her job
Kari Hansen
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lilly and her two best friends own a successful event planning business. Due to her past she lives by a strict set of rules that include never getting with anyone in the wedding party so when the best man shows up with the bride and groom for their next event she is shocked and dismayed to find out he is the man she spent one night with.

Lincoln has been burnt by love in the past and isn’t about to repeat the experience. He enjoyed the night he spent with Lilly and not only did he regret that she
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It was funny, sweet and the characters were easy to love and connect with.

Lilly is a wedding planner, she doesn’t do one-night stands, she doesn’t date clients or anyone in the wedding party. She is hard working and great at what she does. Lincoln is new to hear area and the best man to his best friends wedding. A wedding that Lilly just so happens to be planning. A wedding planner he has previously met and knows in an intimate way.

I LOVED Lilly, Moe and Pru’s friendship.
Diane McConnell
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Opposites do attract!

Wedding planner Lilly Walsh swore to never date anybody involved with any wedding she was planning again so when she met Lincoln Reid in a bar and had a one night stand, she thought she was in the clear. Little did she know that she would see Lincoln again as the best man of the next wedding she was planning? Lincoln was moving to Denver for work and he really liked Lilly and wanted to see her more but she refused to give him the time of day after the problems that happened
Lori
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great story of hope and love!! Both Lincoln and Lilly were hurt and betrayed in previous relationships, yet were strongly drawn to each other. They could no longer deny their connection, well, more Lilly than Lincoln. He was very much in pursuit where Lilly fought it. Great scenes to read with a smile on your face. But the best part was where Lilly had her aha moment and some pretty great self realizations. I loved those. And the 180 Lincoln took was a little saddening, but the payoff for ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: one-night-stand
This was a super-cute, low-angst story, quick and easy to read. Wedding planner Lilly has a one-night-stand with a stranger she meets at a hotel bar the night her best friend gets married. So imagine her surprise when Linc turns out to be the best man for the next wedding she’s planning!

Lilly has all kinds of reasons why she can’t get involved with Linc, and he’s determined to use the four weeks before his buddy’s wedding to prove to the wedding planner why they should most definitely get
Melena Torretta
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley-arcs

Lily and Lincoln didn't expect to see each other again after their one night together. They get a big surprise when he turns out to be the Best Man in the wedding she and her company are planning.

The story was sweet, a little spicy, and had a dash of humor. I really liked the chemistry between Lily and Lincoln and how they came to care for each other for more than just physical attraction. As the story progressed I found myself wanting to keep reading so I could find out how the author
Sara Oxton
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Best Man Problems by Mariah Ankenman a five-star read that isn’t a problem. This is number two in the Mile High Happiness series and they can be read as stand-alone. Lilly Walsh was a character I wanted to alternately pat on the back for being a superhero and gather into a massive hug and tell her that there were people in the world who cared about her and loved her and showed her that you don’t have to be afraid of love, even when no one has shown you how. This was such a funny story, even ...more
Urvashi
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lilly walks the straight and narrow and after an incident that almost costed her the wedding planning business, she never hooks up with anyone from the wedding party. And when she hooks up with a stranger she met in a bar she knows there is no chance of that happening.
Lincoln thought he will ever see Lilly again after she walked out on him, and he never thought she would be the one planning his best friends wedding. And even though she is adamant that nothing can happen between them, he has 4
Come_read_with_me_
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved loved loved this book.
I read it in one day!
This is the second book with in the mile high happiness series however it can be read as a standalone book.

Lilly is an amazing wedding planner, however seeing "happily ever after" every day can be quite lonely! Turning to a handsome stranger to distract her for one night. Lilly expects never to see Lincoln again!

The universe has other plans, when Lincoln walks into her office as the best man to the bride and groom who's wedding she is planning.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This was my first read from this author and I quite enjoyed it, It was fun, quick, steamy, and had a few snort inducing funny moments. I especially liked how genuine it felt and how relatableit was. The side characters were as much fun as the main, and I'm psyched to see where the rest of the series goes.

~ Kimberly Anne

Instagram: http://bit.ly/RftHInstagram
Blog: http://bit.ly/RftHBlog
Facebook: http://bit.ly/RftHFacebook
Twitter: http://bit.ly/RftHTwitter
Bookbub:

• Mismatched in Mayhem (Whiskey Sisters, #4)
  • A Valentine Proposal
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Christmas in the City
  • At All Cost
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • A Cowboy Never Quits (Turn Around Ranch #1)
  • The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)
  • Taking the Lead
  • Joy to the Duke (Love is All Around #3)
  • The Boyfriend Contract
Bestselling author Mariah Ankenman lives in the beautiful Rocky Mountains with her two rambunctious daughters and loving husband who provides ample inspiration for her heart-stopping heroes.

Whether she’s writing hometown heroes or sexy supernaturals, Mariah loves to lose herself in a world of words. Her favorite thing about writing is when she can make someone’s day a little brighter with one of

Mile High Happiness (2 books)
  • The Best Friend Problem