Start by marking “Looks Like Love” as Want to Read:
Looks Like Love

Looks Like Love

Blindsided by a break-up, marketing consultant Kasey Addison needs some fresh perspective and a little hope. With plenty of laughs, love, and real life, Looks Like Love follows Kasey's journey to rediscover life and love, Starting with a whirlwind trip to London and ending with a promotion and a mandate to find out what love looks like and a way to sell it, Kasey just ...more
Published November 13th 2019 (first published December 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Looks Like Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looks Like Love

Start your review of Looks Like Love
ABookwormWithWine
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super fast read, and not just because it only has 243 pages. This was labeled a romance by the library but it's not one of those terrible trashy romance novels. No sex scenes at all. It is a Christian book and while I don't usually read them, I don't avoid them either. This book is well written and I really liked it for a nice, short, light read. Well, a light read that still made me tear up a little. But because of happiness not sadness.
Emilie Haney
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy, romance
Looks Like Love will leave you grinning like your crush just asked you on a date!
This book was sweet, funny, and real in the most beautiful combination. I jumped right in one Saturday morning and was hooked. Reading it was like talking to a really good friend who decided to let you into their life one day. It's written in first person so you really get to know Kasey well.
I appreciated Kasey's character because, though there are times you're frustrated with her and yelling at the book (um,
Karen R
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A spontaneous trip to London to visit a friend from college lands Kasey into a new relationship with a handsome stranger. Still reeling from a bad breakup with her boyfriend, plus many miles between them makes things complicated, if not impossible.

Readers who enjoy a clean contemporary romance with flawed people, emotional tension, and a bit of faith, will probably enjoy this one. Kasey is someone any single career-minded young woman can probably relate to, striving to succeed in her job, hoping
Just Commonly
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Who wouldn't want to watch Colin Firth for four hours at a time?" (50)

I love a good story and Looks Like Love by Brandy Bruce is indeed one. How could I not have heard about this simply delightful, yet insightful contemporary piece?! This one needs to be thrown out there for my fellow female readers, to those searching for love and to those seeking to make their dreams come true.

From the title, you can tell it's a love story. It's a story on love, what love looks like, but it's also a story
Alexis
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew that love could be contained in a perfume bottle?

This is a lovely story about more than fancy perfume. It is a story about celebrating true love in all its categories from friendship (agape) to romance (Eros). The plot is filled with twists that keep the reader turning the page.

Brandy Bruce (the author) delves deep into the characterization and she knows how to weave a thread of faith into her storytelling without disrupting her writing style or sounding preachy.

The characters are
Wendy Huddler
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kasey Addison had been with her boyfriend Riley for 8 years when he told her it was over . He told her this was not working for him. How was she going to survive? After 8 years and 64 days, everyone expected to see them together. While visiting her friend, Amanda, in London while on a bus touring London, Kasey actually falls into the lap of Lincoln. What would become of this? Well, you need to read this book to find out what happens.
Brandy Bruce wrote a very believable story with wonderful
Overweight Bookshelf
Feb 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Overweight Bookshelf by: Brandy Bruce
I hear London calling! This book awakened my travel bug and desire to go on another missions trip. This book fits solidly in the chick-lit genre with its witty humor and romantic shenanigans. Lincoln pretty much embodies exactly what I look for in a man (heart for God and missions, compassionate, intelligent) and Kasey is a real woman with real doubts and insecurities that may women will identify with. I wish that Kasey and Lincoln's long-distance relationship was drawn out with more detail ...more
Carly
Jan 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes good, old-fashioned chick-lit is just what the doctor ordered. Looks Like Love is just the perfect book if you want a light, fun and romantic book. I wanted to read this book because the main character, Kasey, takes an impromptu trip to England to heal her broken heart. I love books that involve travel. I don’t like to travel much, so books like this always appeal to me. The trip to England does not encompass the entire story, which is good. We get to see the story continue and see how ...more
Rachelle Sperling
See my profile for my star rating system. I received a free digital copy of this book for review.

I enjoyed Looks Like Love. It took me more than the first chapter to get into the book. I didn’t really like the main character, Kasey, at first and I am not fond of books written in first person, but the story won me over. It was a light, quick read, but it wasn’t without substance. As Brandy’s writing unfolds you find yourself asking “What does love look like? What does love look like to me?”

I
Brenda
Feb 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brandy Bruce writes a story that women everywhere will be able to relate to. The protagonist Kacey, is such a likeable character who is going thru a tough time emotionally. Her feelings are so realistic that I became totally absorbed in her story, I felt like I was a girlfriend along for the ride as she traveled around England. Her funny sense of humor and the ability to laugh at herself was great!
In this story the writer does an amazing job of weaving romance,humor,and faith, together to give
Emmy Benson
Apr 15, 2012
Jen
Apr 21, 2012
Brandy Bruce
Apr 30, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Marisa
Apr 14, 2016
Angie Cain
Aug 19, 2016

• Fall from Trace (London League #5)
  • Engraved on the Heart
  • The Melody of the Soul (Music of Hope #1)
  • A Perfect Weakness
  • Beyond the Game
  • The  IF in Life: How to Get Off Life’s Sidelines and Become Your Best Self
  • Resolutions
  • The Words Between Us
  • Austenland (Austenland, #1)
  • Home to You
  • From Here On Out
Brandy Bruce was scribbling stories in purple spiral notebooks at the age of 12. She traded in notebooks for a laptop and now writes romance novels. Having worked as a book editor for a traditional publishing house for more than a decade, Brandy is thrilled to work in an industry she loves. She's currently a freelance editor, a writer, a wife, a mother to three fabulous children, and she's someone ...more