Start by marking “Christmas Cliche” as Want to Read:

‘Twas the week before Christmas
and all through L.A.,
Allie Parker’s famous twin sisters
were driving her cray.
She fled to the mountains
with a hostage in tow,
hoping to sleep through the holidays,
which were a shit-show.
Santas, and stockings,
and creepy nutcrackers too,
ebook
Published November 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Cliche, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Cliche

Start your review of Christmas Cliche
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: November 19, 2019
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Small Town | Holiday Romance | Romantic Comedy

Christmas Cliché is a magical read and I devoured it from beginning to end. I have been a Tara Sivec fan for a while now BECAUSE of her winning romantic comedies and found this one to be just as amazing as her others. I mean, what’s better than a Christmas themed romcom this time of year? NOTHING. If you’re looking for a lighthearted book that will bring on the belly laughs, you won’t want to
Stacey is Sassy
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The year for Christmas Cliches

I'm not sure why this year is different to others but for some reason Christmas novellas are my happy reading place in December. I absolutely loved Christmas Cliche and know that it will be a regular reread every holiday season.

Holy shamoly I absolutely loved the hero in this story. I think Jason was a Christmas miracle...he listens. Every time he made one of Allie's Christmas wishes come true, it made me smile. He was always keeping an eye out for her and making
Leila
3 the title says it all stars!

This was a cute Christmas read. Definitely made for a Christmas Hallmark Movie!

Tired of the life she's been living taking care of her two younger (adult) twin sisters, Allie loses it and drops everything to jump on a plane and head back to the place that holds her favourite Christmas memories. What she didn't expect was to run off a mountain road only to be rescued by a broody mountain man.

I loved watching Allie turn from a bit of a grinch into a holiday-embracing
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
A cute Christmas story - All about family & traditions...and maybe finding one's true self, purpose, and place within the family. A sweet read - and yes, full of over-the-top "clichés".
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.5 Nutcracker Stars

I had forgotten how funny Tara Sivec writes her characters!

This was such a cute story of Allie and Jason with the comedic antics of Millie. I felt like I was reading a story from the Hallmark Channel mixed with Comedy Central.

Absolutely had a blast!
Ana Vizentim
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4,5 Christmassy Stars
I really loved it!!!!
All the Christmas spirit and Jason
OMG I loved Jason and his family!!!!!
This was a perfect way to start December....
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

OH EM GEE!!! I CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS STORY!
Such a hilarious and adorable and sweet and christmassy romance.
I adored every little moment of Allie and Jason's romance.
And Millie! Jeeez. Millie needs a spin-off - or just get her her own Netflix show asap. She's so effing hilarious - I rolled off the couch laughing multiple times! If Netflix or Hallmark don't grab this for next year - they're insane!
Perfect Holiday Rom-Com!

description

Smokin Hot Book Blog Smokin Hot Book Blog Smokin Hot Book Blog Smokin Hot Book Blog Smokin Hot Book Blog
Alex in Spades
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
4,5 Christmas traditions Stars

When I picked this book I knew two things. First I knew that it'll bring Christmas spirit to my heart, and head, and it'll be a joy. Second I was 100% sure my reading slump will take a break, and I will just fly through this one, and simply enjoy it.

Allie and Jason were so adorable together, I loved how cute this story was - it hit me with those warm, fuzzy feeling you should get right around Christmas.
"I guess I’m not used to being surprised. And you just seem to
Biondatina
One of the most beautiful Christmas books than I have read. And no it's not a cliche.
You will love both heroes, you will laugh (thank you Mrs Sivec for making us laugh again and again), you will wish to be there as a visitor in the hotel.
You will like to make some new Christmas traditions for you and the family. You will love the second characters, Mollie (She from another planet and yes a bit crazy), Jen, Joy, Maddy (She will reminded you, young Gavin in the first book "Seduction and
Carly
The glow from the porch Christmas lights give us just enough light to see each other, and I want nothing more than to take advantage of this romantic moment, lean forward, and kiss the man in front of me. I'm pretty sure he'd let me, with the way his eyes are staring at my mouth, but I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I haven't kissed a man in years, and I definitely never initiated any of those boring-as-hell kisses. I don't want him to be disappointed. He's said all these amazing things to ...more
Amelia
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With believable circumstances and lots of humorous moments, Tara Sivec makes her holiday romance constantly engrossing. One scene after another left me with a big grin on my face, because either the comments of a character were witty or their actions came across as amusing. There are also some very funny thoughts inside the head of Allie, the main female character. The Christmas holiday definitely comes alive in the story, as decorations are everywhere and unique customs are being carried out. ...more
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
4 stars. My first Tara Sivec book and I really enjoyed it! It was funny, the characters had great chemistry and it was just an overall fun read. Allie and Jason are adorable and I loved both of their characters a lot. The romance is cute and filled to the brim with cliches and tropes which I loved. I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to finally pick something up by this author but I think this was a great place to start even though it’s a novella. It has all of the Christmas feels to it and I ...more
Melissa
Yeah. This novella was a total Christmas cliché. It was like being dropped down into the middle of a Hallmark Christmas movie with all sorts of elements of those sorts of stories. But that was obviously intentional since the characters make reference to that fact several times. It was sort of cute, but like often happens in these holiday romance novellas, too much was going on too quickly to make it really stand out as a story. Allie is a B-list Hollywood celebrity due to the reality show her ...more
Juuli
This was hilarious and cute at the same time. There were some elements from the Cinderella story, a lot of Hallmark movie worthy scenes, a hilarious best friend (I just love Millie), trapped because of a snowstorm trope, and so much more. And somehow it worked. Just amazing. And ... it put me back in holiday mood. I actually baked some gingerbread cookies yesterday because of this book. 6th January is still some days away, so I'm going to read another holiday themed book. :)
Cherie
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, zany Christmas story. When her sisters drive her to her breaking point, Allie Parker takes off to spend Christmas by herself, intending to ignore the holiday outright. Her impetuous actions instead land her in Christmas central and in the arms of hunky mountain man, Jason Redinger.
Forced to face Christmas head on, Allie begins to rediscover what she used to love about the holiday and realize what she truly wants out of life.
Jessica
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday
Cute...can a novel be self-absorbed? Maybe more so as a novella. Like every sentence was saying, “Aren’t I so cute?” Allie Parker flees her rich LA lifestyle for a home-grown Christmas in West Virginia. A home-grown Christmas that sounded quite expensive. I wanted to like this, but the most entertaining parts were the sidekick’s lengthy mocking of Hallmark Christmas movies.
Cassidy
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a perfectly fun, Christmas read! Love, friendship, and family are throughout. Laughter is guaranteed. Sexy times are fade to black, but it works.
Up All Night Book Addict
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019, reviews
This is going to be a quick review...

Hold on to your britches, Mrs. Sivec has once again delivered a hilarious, fun, awkward, heart-warming, joyous book. If you don't find yourself lost in the love and laughs in this book, then you are dead to me. There is no way you can't appreciate this nutcracker of a Christmas Cliche.

Jump on your sled and ride through the mountains of West Virginia with these awesome characters, with all of their flaws and traditions, and enjoy the circus show!
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Christmas Cliche header
Christmas Cliché by Tara Sivec
Holiday Romantic Comedy Standalone

I admit it. When Tara Sivec writes a RomCom she can do no wrong (well basically that’s the case with all of her books). There is not one author that makes me laugh as much as Tara Sivec. Her position as my favorite romantic comedy author has never even threatened to budge, and Christmas Cliché just cemented that spot even further.

Christmas cliche photo

In December I only read Christmas books. So when my favorite author releases a Christmas book, you can
Heather  Petzold
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute quick and funny read. I absolutely loved the main characters and the secondary as well. We’ve got Allie who has pretty much put her whole life on hold to cater to her sisters and their life and show in California. She hasn’t had a good Christmas since her father passed away. She finally gets fed up and runs away from her responsibilities. Dragging along her best friend who in all accounts probably shouldn’t be friends because Millie is a spoiled high maintenance brat but she is ...more
Christine Menditto
Loved This Cliche!

Once again I was laughing out loud reading another of Mrs. Sivec’s books. I also learned the amount of Grinch decorations there were available to buy. Loved are the references to Hallmark Christmas movies because they were spot on. Also LOVED Millie and wish I had her as a best friend. This book is like the perfect Christmas Cliche out there between the B&B, families and of course Jason and Allie! Also, I really wish we got an answer on Die Hard...I know my opinion on it
Erica
Shelves: 2019-books
Now this is my kind of Christmas book!!
Christmas Cliche had me laughing from the very first chapter until the very last.

I love the romance between Jason and Allie. Nothing could stop the sparks between these two. They both knew immediately they wanted Jason's candy cane in Allie's Christmas nougat! Wink, Wink!

I seriously fell in love with every single character! They are all hilarious and made me wish my family were more like them. From their banter, to their crazy holiday traditions, I fell
Bette Stanek
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh. My. Goodness. If you’re into holiday traditions and lots of snark then this is definitely the book for you!!! Tara Sivec has a way of writing her characters that is so over-the-top hilarious they actually make me snort. The circumstances of this book are totally believable, but it’s the characters that make them work so well and seem ridiculous. I'm afraid I may be disappointed in my other Christmas reads this season. If you’re looking for a sweet, hilariously funny Christmas story that ...more
Cassandra
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute, Hallmark movie-style book and I am h e r e for it.

I don't have much to say. This was cliche and I expected no less given the title. I loved reading these books so close to Christmas. THEY BRING ME JOY OKAY.

Now I need to sleep so goodnight.
Lejazzbe
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Holiday Book

This book had me laughing and sighing, just like a really great Hallmark Christmas movie. Great book and great characters. Millie needs her own book. This is a must read, actually anything by Tara Sivec is a must read.
Bobbie Boyens
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The BEST Christmas Cliche

This book was a hilarious, fantastic, Christmas story. Allie and Jason and the rest of the characters were so well written I want to go to West Virginia and find them. But Millie, she was so hilarious I couldn't stop laughing.
Jeannie
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God damned Christmas Magic!! Loved it
Rachel
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMFG

Who could not love a Tara Sivec story!?! Sweet, funny and utterly romantic! A new Holiday favorite! Much love from just over the WV line!
Kailey (Kathryn is looking for me)
Everything was Chrstmassy and cute
Smut Hut
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every bleeping time.......

I can never not love a book written by this woman.
I have to say...... Millie and her shelf meat was my fav.
Loved it. Can't wait for your next book whatever it happens to be.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Kissmas Eve: A Holiday Romantic Comedy
  • Christmas in the City
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands #4)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • The Reindeer Falls Collection (Reindeer Falls, #1-3)
  • Outmatched
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Devastated (Anger Management, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • The Lineup
  • Captain Dreamboat (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of