Start by marking “The Wrath of Wolves (Dark is the Night, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wrath of Wolves (Dark is the Night, #3)

The Wrath of Wolves

(Dark is the Night #3)

Preston Alexander has wanted to see the world for as long as he can remember. Now, an opportunity has presented itself. A supposedly haunted item needs transporting clear across the Atlantic. James and William can’t take it, so Preston jumps at the chance. He may not know nearly as much about the dead as his friends, but surely it can’t be that difficult. Besides, he won’t ...more
Published December 21st 2019 by sleepy fox studio

To ask other readers questions about The Wrath of Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrath of Wolves

Start your review of The Wrath of Wolves (Dark is the Night, #3)
Shannon
The Wrath of Wolves was one of my most anticipated books, probably ever. After reading A Shimmer in the Night I could not wait for more of Preston and Benji, and let me just say, Kelley York and Rowan Altwood did not disappoint! I’ve got to say, Benji and Preston are giving William and James a run for their money, when it comes to being my favorite Dark is the Night couple!

I loved that Preston and Benji’s story is different, yet similar to James & William’s. While I think James & William are bet
Britt
Ghosts are absolute SHIT at communicating! :)

(As someone who has gotten a fair share of EVPs, I can confirm).

Lads.

This was fucking INTENSE.

I love this series so much, and this book absolutely did not disappoint. While I think A Hymm in the Silence remains my favorite as of right now — there’s just something about William’s POV and narration that I particularly adore — I think The Wrath of Wolves was the most intense of the series thus far. It DEFINITELY had the most intense climax, anyway. I lit
Jenny Tran-Le
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
‘‘In this moment, I would promise him the moon if he asked for it. And I would move Heaven and Earth to give it to him too.’’

Preston and Benji own my whole heart.
QuietlyKat
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From a purely plot perspective, I’m not certain I would say The Wrath of Wolves is as gripping as A Light Amongst Shadows or A Hymn in the Silence, nevertheless, it is my favorite of the series so far. I absolutely adore Benji and Preston. I adore them individually and as a couple. They stole my heart in every way. So while the plot didn’t feel as creepy and spooky and atmospheric, the quiet strength of Benji and Preston’s relationship and their steadfast and comforting devotion to each other, h ...more
Karen
The Wrath of Wolves is a perfect, suspenseful, scary, and scarily amazing addition to the Dark is the Night series! It answers some questions about all the things that go bump in the night and some other threats out there, but raises even more and introduces several intriguing new secondary characters (please pretty please can we have more N & S?). The reader is mercifully spared a cliffhanger ending, but still left so so needy for more stories in this universe.

This is the first full-length sto
Vanessa
After reading the novella focusing on them, I could not wait to read more about Benji and Preston and this book did not disappoint!

This book is different from the others in a lot of ways:

1.) There is a dual POV. The chapters are alternating between Preston's and Benji's view.
2.) The characters are travelling for the majority of the story. They donn't stay in one place for long.
3.) While there is still supernatural things happening, most of the time our heroes have to escape from/fight very human
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
Karen

This is the first full-length stor
Georgia Fradico
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok! I was a Betta reader for this book and I love it. I was excited for more Benji and Preston since their novella and this novel don't disappoint. This couple won my heart ( even more than James and William because I'm a sucker for friends-to-lovers, mutual pinning and slow burn...).
Benji is still the sweet boy grieving we met before but he grows so much . Preston is the adventurous and protective friend. They go in this trip for a job and their relationship faces challenges because of lack o
Brittanie
I think this book is the best of the series, but definitely one that cannot be read as a standalone. Benji and Preston are very likable characters and the harrowing, action-packed plot kept me from wanting to put the book down. I hope we learn more about Crane and even Sid as well. This book had a lot of world building and main character development but still left enough unanswered questions for a continuation of the series.
My only real issue is that this book was written in dual POV, switching
Rowan
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think so far the second book might be my favorite based on the action and plot, but I am still more invested in Benjamin and Preston than I am in James and William. Though the epilogue of this book was intriguing. I enjoyed the events of this book but I think the writing style might be what keeps me from giving it 5 stars? I don’t really know what it is specifically but so far this series is a solid 4 stars. It’s pretty good character-wise and each book has its own plot that stands up well whi ...more
Rebecca
Oct 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
3.5

I adore the character of Benjamin and Preston isn’t half bad either (lovable like a teddy)! The plot was doable (enjoyed the transatlantic globetrotting back to Cali-for-n-i-a). There is continuation from the previous books, which is appreciated. But I just didn’t find it as spooky or creepy as the first two instalments in the series. What can I say: this girl wanted more horror!
Margot
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow.
I have to admit that I wasn't too sure about this book. I liked Preston and Benji well enough but I wasn't sure that I wanted to read a whole book about them.
I was so wrong. I am so happy I was wrong.
They are amazing characters and I loved reading their POVs.
The story was so good, too! I can't believe I have even more questions now!
And the epilogue? Whaaaat?
Valérie
Achingly and hauntingly beautiful... I just want to go into the book and hug all these boys.

As always, I have so much respect for Kelley York and Rowan Altwood. Looking forward to the next installment in this series.
Karen Abrams
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I can’t love this series any harder. Each book deepens the characters’ personalities, their relationships as important to the plot as the action - which can be downright frightening. Highly recommended!
Molli B.
I love this series! I found this one a little bit slower than the previous books, but maybe it was the mood I was in. Benji and Preston are both endearing, and I thought that made good MCs. It was fun to see them in America. I’m looking forward to more of their adventures!
Dena
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5*
M.R. Graham
A great third installment. High stakes, extra-creepy antagonists, and some really ominous hints of what's to come.
Lea
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
i love this book i love preston and benji i love the new characters i love this series I WANT 25 MORE
philip jarvis
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Always a delight when another book in this series releases this being no exception fantastic story brilliant characters can not wait to see where this goes in the next book
Ruairi
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even put my thoughts into words. All I can say is that as the series progresses, each book just get 100x better than the last.
Barbara
Apr 16, 2020
judebee
Nov 02, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Feralsong (Green Creek #3.5)
  • Lovesong Part II (Green Creek #3.6)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Brothersong (Green Creek, #4)
  • The Extraordinaries (The Extraordinaries, #1)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Starcrossed (Magic in Manhattan, #2)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • The Sugared Game (The Will Darling Adventures #2)
  • Slippery Creatures (The Will Darling Adventures #1)
  • The Sunken Mall (The Tarot Sequence, #1.5)
  • Horatio
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • Murder at Pirate's Cove (Secrets and Scrabble, #1)
  • Fence, Vol. 4: Rivals
  • Mr. Big Empty (Hollow Folk, #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • The Electric Heir (Feverwake #2)
Kelley resides off the coast of Northern California with her wife, teenager, a German Shepherd, a handful of cats and rats. In addition to writing, she has her A.S. in Anthropology, and is a graphic designer with a specialty in book cover design. She spends her spare time playing video games and tabletop games like the nerd she is. Her specialty is LGBT+ fiction, usually with a dark twist.

Dark is the Night (5 books)
  • A Light Amongst Shadows (Dark is the Night, #1)
  • A Hymn in the Silence (Dark is the Night #2)
  • A Shimmer in the Night (Dark is the Night #2.5)
  • A Calm Before the Storm (Dark is the Night 2.8)