Start by marking “The Captain and the Squire (Captivating Captains, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Captain and the Squire (Captivating Captains, #5)

The Captain and the Squire

(The Captivating Captains #5)

A sexy city boy and a country squire will set the countryside alight!

Tarquin Bough is a tweedy squire with an ambitious fiancée who controls his every move. He’s also the owner of the finest collection of saucy artefacts in the world. From Christine Keeler’s eyelash to the Virgin Queen’s dildo, they’re all safe in Tarquin’s care.

Christopher Hardacre is a city-slicker with
ebook
Published January 14th 2020 by Pride Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Captain and the Squire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Captain and the Squire

Start your review of The Captain and the Squire (Captivating Captains, #5)
Cadiva
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Absolute brilliance, this book is about as English as they come, utterly hilarious and with a nod to the beat Sheridan farce.

In the Captain and the Squire, the authors have gone full on gentry eccentricity, with dodgy clauses in wills, dastardly villains and villagers who know everyone's business.

I was howling with laughter throughout most of this.

It also has a surprisingly sweet kinky side which I'll leave to be revealed for other readers as it really does work brilliantly well.

This series of
Trio
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Smart and funny and just plain sexy, Catherine Curzon and Eleanor Harkstead’s standalone novel The Captain and the Squire is a total delight. Sparks fly when a closeted, uptight farmer comes face to face with his nemesis, a self-absorbed, freewheeling city-slicker. It’s clear the authors had a jolly good time writing this one, and they kept me in stitches from beginning to end!

Resigned to his role as a gentleman farmer, and engaged to marry a woman he doesn’t even like, Tarquin faces a
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
I love, love, love, love this book!! Can I put anymore ‘loves’ in that first sentence? I know, I know, I say the same every single time I read a Captivating Captain book, but I can’t help myself this series is just…..well, I am unable to say, as I think I have used every word that has been listed under amazing in the thesaurus…hmmm, went slightly off subject.
Anyway, Just when I think that this series has peaked and it can’t possibly get any better, and I have found my new love and favourite,
Jeannie Zelos
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Captain & the Squire, (The Captivating Captains 5) Catherine Curzon,
Eleanor Harkstead

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Humour, LGBTQIA

Well, I'm late to this series and have only read the previous book. I struggled with that so was hoping this would suit better – and it did. It was timing in last book that was wrong for me. I don't really gel with books where everything takes place over a few days, but this one is longer, still short, just a month except for the epilogue, but
Debbie
I was gifted my copy of this book, that I write a review was not required.
Chris returns to claim his inheritance, only to discover that a pig holds it hostage. If Chris can't tempt the pig to live with him in one month, he'll lose it all and the pig will be well looked after by the next-door neighbour. The very hot and sexy Squire Tarquin loves that pig, but one look at Chris and he wants him like he never wanted anyone before. But they live in a small village, can they really be together?
This
C.F. White
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was about as British as tea and crumpets and strawberries and cream! Such a delight I felt like I was watching Auntie beeb on Sunday prime time. It's no secret I love these Captain novels and Catherine Curzon and Eleanor Harkstead go from strength to strength with each one that I struggle to know which couple is my favourite.

But a little about the story.... slightly different from the other Captain novels, this one is told solely from Tarquin Bough (that's pronounced Boff don't you
Aerielle Bondi
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Captain and the Squire is the fifth installment of the Captivating Captains series. Each book is a delightful standalone story.
This book is extremely well written. It is full of humorous banter and witty characters. I admit it took a bit for me to get into the story. It reads very much like an old historical romance. Tarquin, who comes off as a very eccentric character, talks like he belongs in Victorian England. Christopher, the other main character, has come to collect his inheritance but
Rachel
Sherina
Jan 14, 2020
Pam
Jan 15, 2020
Catherine Curzon is an author and royal historian of the 18th century.

Her work has been featured on HistoryExtra.com, the official website of BBC History Magazine, and in publications such as All About History, Who Do You Think You Are?, and Jane Austen's Regency World. She has spoken at venues including Kenwood House, Wellington College, the Royal Pavilion, the National Maritime Museum, the

The Captivating Captains (6 books)
  • The Captain and the Cavalry Trooper (The Captivating Captains #1)
  • The Captain and the Cricketer  (The Captivating Captains, #2)
  • The Captain and the Theatrical (The Captivating Captains, #3)
  • The Captain and the Best Man (Captivating Captains, #4)
  • The Captain and the Prime Minister (Captivating Captains #6)