Start by marking “Dans les ruines (Metahumains, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dans les ruines (Metahumains, #2)

Dans les ruines

(Metahuman Files #2)

Vérité et mensonges.
Le capitaine Jamie Callahan sait que la Force de Défense Métahumaine ne voit pas d’un bon oeil la fraternisation. Pour une fois dans sa vie, il enfreint toutes les règles. Avoir le sergent d’état-major Kyle Brannigan dans son équipe et dans son lit vaut le risque d’être découvert. Lorsqu’une mission demande à Alpha Team de s’infiltrer dans une alliance
Published December 5th 2019 by Juno Publishing (first published May 22nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Dans les ruines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dans les ruines

Start your review of Dans les ruines (Metahumains, #2)
Shile
Reread/ Listening April 2019

Greg gets all the stars.

The Audiobook is perfection

The story is still entertaining.

**********************************************************

I Loved it! Loved, Loved it.

description

“Fuck, baby, I’ve missed you on your knees,” Jamie said, sliding in deep, wanting to feel Kyle’s lips pressed against his body.

description

Well hot damn! This book was amazing! I enjoyed every word.

In this the MDF team travel to London for a mission, and let’s just say, the action part was All Marvel movies o
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!

I’m just here to tell you (amongst the many other reviews singing this series’ praises) that this is seriously good stuff.

This is military romantic suspense with plenty of kick assery and a full supporting cast that is starting to bloom quite nicely. Add a scifi bent towards a futuristic dystopic AU at the mercy of chemical terrorism, and this is the perfect mix of several genres that I love to indulge in!

Turner is slowly gaining impressive points. This second installment sets up the re
Wendy
FOTO BEWERKEN - makkelijk online je foto

After reading book 1 not too long ago, I could not wait jumping into this one. This series marks my first time,  into the world of Sci-fi, and even though I have seen some awesome sci-fi movies in my life......reading this genre somehow never happend. Thank you Hailey Turner for opening my eyes to a whole new (book) world :P

Cd7ovXd.gif (400×240)

First off, these books should not be read as stand alones, this is a series and if you want to read book 2, you will have to start with book 1 "In the Wreckage", which was al
Virginia Cavanillas
Hailey Turner has done a terrific job creating this universe and with "In the Ruins", the second installment of the  Metahumans Files, she achieves something incredible: maintain the reader interested in her amazing world. Well, not really. We are not talking here about just keep the interest of the reader. Probably the terrific plot and the characters development makes book 2 better than "In the Wreckage". This is another gem and a very shiny one, I must say.

In the Ruins starts a few moths afte
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio - 5+++ Stars!
Story - 4.25 stars!!

I was so ecstatic when I got the email that as a Halloween treat from the author, the audiobook for IN THE RUINS (Metahuman Files 2) was now available. I didn’t even have to think twice. I one clicked that baby!! MINE!!! Thank goodness, I added myself to Hailey Turner’s mailing list because we all know Amazon is not good with sending timely notifications.

Loved it! Great world building, lots of action, steamy sexy times, and a diverse cast of characters. The
Meags
4 Stars

In the Ruins is a fun, exhilarating and seriously sexy sophomore offering in this futuristically set sci-fi romance series, featuring strong military themes and plenty of kick-ass characters fighting to save the world with their enhanced powers.

Featuring double the action and excitement, and with enough character and relationship growth to make things more interesting, this sequel outranked its predecessor (In the Wreckage) in terms of plot and romance.

Jamie and Kyle are undoubtedly an e
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I am seriously loving this series. This follow-up to In the Wreckage did not disappoint. And I was one happy girl that this one was half the length of book 1. :)

Once again, this was the perfect mix of romance and suspense.

Definitely not too "sci-fi-y".

And still plenty scorching despite the shorter length (though it still clocks in at just under 5000 locations).

I really love the dynamics between the team. And especially the new addition to the team, Sean. I sense something possibly brewing bet
Christelle
I’m in the minority here : a trip to the box of shame, maybe ?
Book 2 of the “Metahuman files” series : not a standalone. It’s a sci-fi action suspense with a romantic element.

The set up : a futuristic world with a virus running around, deadly for most humans, but for only a few who become “metahumans”, meaning humans with extraordinary powers (telepathy, healing, enhanced strength, ….). These Metahumans are either civilians, a few part of criminal organisations or part of special elite and secre
I~❤️~Books
Audiobook ✮5 Stars✮ 💗

*****

Wow,  Hailey Turner did it again! I loved this book!

FIVE STAR photo giphy_zpspxdpw6uv.gif
This book made me feel like when I finish the first book in the series In the Wreckage...TO WANT MORE!!!

I love sci-fi movies, sci-fi tv series...and sci-fi books. THIS SERIES IS LIKE ALL I WANT AND LOVE TO READ IN A BOOK.

Great story, a lot of action, great characters and...HOT SCENE SEX!

Believe me when I say this...Hailey Turner knows to writes hot sex scenes to make readers feel the intimacy between

Ariana
The first book in this series pretty much blew me away. Metahumans and military novels are not usually my thing, so I was surprised how much I liked the story line. Yes, Jamie and Kyle (two of the hottest MCs around!) helped a lot, but the plot itself was very well put together.

Book 2 throws us straight into action and the MDF’s continuing fight against organizations who threaten the balance of power in the world. As I didn’t reread book 1 before this one, I was pleased (and relieved) to find th
Cadiva
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So so good, I love this world building

For her follow up to the staggeringly good In the Wreckage, Hailey has crafted yet another brilliant mission led espionage thriller with a side order of romance.

The world building in these books is exemplary, set a few centuries into the future where metahumans are a real force to be reckoned with and there are many shady organisations desperately fighting for power in the secret behind the scenes murky underworld.

This is like X-Men meets Tinker Tailor Soldi
Dia
4,5 stars

The second book in the Metahuman Files series was even more awesome than the previous book!

I loved the action, SO much action!! Loved the undercover mission, the fights, the plotting, all the characters, especially Jamie!!! Oh and I am really curious about Alexei and Sean!!

This book kept me pretty glued to the pages, even if it felt looong.

It's also extremely HOT, like really really HOT!!!
haletostilinski
4.5 Stars

I'd review this now, but I have a stupid paper to write. Review to come!

~*~

*happy sigh* Jamie and Kyle got me like:

description

I was so happy that the steam level in this did not drop. When Jamie and Kyle had sex? Phew, it was scorching! Especially when (view spoiler)
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I'm going to make this short because I gotta find out what happens next!

I'll be the first to admit I had some issues with In the Wreckage but this was a BIG improvement for me. The action was great, the chemistry, not just between Kyle and Jaime but the whole MDF team, was fun, great secondary characters, snappy pacing, good worldbuilding with endearing relationship development between Jaime and Kyle and scorching hot sex! Prostate orgasm, prostate milking, multiple orgasms, rimming, rough and k
Elena
Dnf at 15%

I’ve been stuck at 15% of this book for three days now and by “stuck” I mean that I closed the book when the very first sex scene started, because I was bored out of my mind, and never found the will to go back to this story.
In the meantime, I’ve read another book, started a second and a little while ago decided to give this another try.
Like in the first book of the series, the sex scene is long, I mean really, really long...I tried to skip it, but I got bored of skipping it before I
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. Love this world and this team, and damn, Jamie and Kyle are as smoking hot as before. But it's not just sex anymore *if it ever really was* and that puts everything that's important to Jamie at risk. I love how Jamie feels about Kyle (view spoiler) and how he never lets Kyle think any differently. And I love how he and Kyle just work together, in every way.

As usual from Hailey Turner, amazing world building, a terrific, exciting story (vi
Barbara➰
Well, if action-packed is your thing, this is the series for you. So far, it is full of bullets, fire and explosions. Some of it from weapons and some of it from Jamie and Kyle. These two are smoking hot! I finally got some tenderness that I was anxiously waiting for. I am a romance reader. I have to have some type of romance in my books. Book 1 skirted the edge for me but the insta-attraction pulled me through. I had to know what happened between these two so I was on to book 2. I got my wish i ...more
Simone
Entertainment at its best!!!
Alpha Team was the bullet, even if someone else was pulling the trigger, and they couldn't ever escape that.

Jamie Callahan's team of Metahumans with enhanced abilities - well, it spoils nothing to say that they have certain superpowers - has to keep that in mind when their new mission sends them undercover right in the public eye, so as to nose out a Russian terrorist group intent on preying on wealthy citizens with shady morals. Especially Jamie has to p
Mariah
You know kpop has taken over your life when you refer to the Russian members of the team as the “Russian line”, out-fucking-loud, to another human being smh

Updated cheat sheet:

Metahuman Defense Forse (MDF):
Captain Jamie Callahan (Apollo) - Leader of Alpha Team / Enhanced strength and durability
Sergeant Ekaterina 'Katie' Ovechkina (Viper) - Second-in-command, communications specialist and hacker / Telepath
Donovan Williams (Tank) - Transport specialist / Enhanced spectrum eyesight
Madison Chan (Nov
Miriam
5 stars audio
2.75 stars story. It's me not the book. I couldn't keep up with all the spy/political/covert ops stuff going on.
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Jamie the heir billions of dollars-family life & love.

I love being the world. The description writing was excellent. The characters intriguing.
Fabi
Jamie and Kyle continue to wow us with their loyalty and devotion to each other. Even while things heat up in the political and criminal arenas, they find islands of space to love each other.

This is an intricate PNR romance full of action and suspense. Genre-wise it should land at the top of my favorites. Other than a couple of typos, the writing is intricate, fast-paced with well-defined characters. I simply can't put my finger on why these books are not pulling me in as they are other readers.
Denise H.
*** Year: 2285. Place: Earth. *** An undercover mission.
This is where this amazing series resumes, from the first book, IN THE WRECKAGE.
Sniper, Kyle
This new world is fabulous and we get our enhanced characters, Metahumans, who each have different powers. The women here are just as powerful as the men. Our couple, Marine Commander Jaime and Marine Sniper Kyle are so hot together. Hiding their relationship has been tough, but now they'll be going in as a civilian couple.
Commander Jaime
This i
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review: 4.5 Stars

Is there an accent that Greg can't do? If so, I've yet to hear it.

Original Review 30Oct2017: 4.1 Stars

Just as gripping and interesting as the last one, but that ending was too bitter-sweet and tenuous.

I do so love all of the details that remind you this is set a couple hundred years in the future, but aren't so onerously different as to completely alienate the reader with a world we're not familiar or cannot relate to.

Still, definitely gonna read the next one!
Natalia
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read October 2020
________________
Re-read October 2018

BWT (Belen)

In the Ruins is a sequel to In the Wreckage, and you're definitely going to want to listen to In the Wreckage before diving in to enjoying this, because these are not standalones.

This has a great story, interesting world building, plenty of action (both in and out of bed *winks*), and multiple points of view (including Kyle's brother Alexei and a new team member!). I'm going on record right now saying I love this cast of characters. LOVE THEM.

On top of the great story we have the wonderful narra
Joyfully Jay
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

First and foremost, I have to address that this is the second book in the Metahuman Files series. It was presented as a standalone, but having read the first one, In the Wreckage, I quickly jumped at the chance to read this second book. But this book does not really work as a standalone at all. Jamie and Kyle’s beginning is all in the first book, not to mention the lead up for the reason the Alpha team takes on this mission. Also, a good chunk of world building i
fleurette

The first book in this series is fantastic and I was a little scared to read this one since so many second books in the series are not as great as the first ones. I'm glad to announce this is not a case here.

This time is a peek into Jamie's live before he became Marine. Mafia is blackmailing influential people to work for them and there is no better person to stop them than the son of the American presidential election's candidate - Jamie. He and his arm candy Kyle move with their whole team to
Alex
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military, sci-fi
I really liked the first one but this one was just AWESOME!
Lot of action. Lot of sexy time... and what a sexy time...

description

I really love this team. All of them. The world building is really easy to comprehend and to imagine.
Yeah really.. It was just awesome!

I'll definitely continue to book 3 as I WANT Alexei and Sean now...
Gerbera_Reads
I lurved it sooo much. Hands down the best! The case they are on, the undercover aspect and the execution is awesome. All the subterfuge, the intrigue, leering and shooting was just one high quality read. The team are just hilarious - the snarky remarks, the jokes and the betting and how they have each other's six just shows that sometimes not only blood is your family that you can make your own. I had fun galore with these crazy wonderful metahumans.

Jamie and Kyle! Oh, Jamie and Kyle... *breat
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
BR with Josy and Christelle 282 11 May 26, 2017 07:18AM

• How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • The Capital (The Knight and the Necromancer #1)
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
  • The Border (The Knight and the Necromancer #2)
  • Ride the Lightning (Sinister in Savannah, #1)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Werewolves of Boston #1)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta, #2)
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future project

Metahuman Files (6 books)
  • In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files, #1)
  • In the Shadows (Metahuman Files, #3)
  • In the Blood (Metahuman Files, #4)
  • In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5)
  • In the Solace (Metahuman Files #6)