Start by marking “Capturée (A pour de souffle, #3)” as Want to Read:
Capturée (A pour de souffle, #3)

Capturée

(The Enforcers #3)

Silas a été façonné par les blessures de son enfance qui ont fait de lui un homme intransigeant et parfois même dangereux. Il ne fait confiance à personne et s’impose une vie solitaire, convaincu qu’aucune femme ne pourra s’accommoder de son besoin de tout contrôler. Mais le jour où il croise une charmante violoniste dans son immeuble, sa vie bascule.

Hayley a tout sacrifié
Mass Market Paperback, 334 pages
Published November 27th 2019 by Milady (first published October 25th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Capturée, please sign up.
Sandy S The Enforcers is NOT a trilogy. The first two books, according to the author, focuses on Evangeline and Drake. The next book(s) will focus on Drake's …moreThe Enforcers is NOT a trilogy. The first two books, according to the author, focuses on Evangeline and Drake. The next book(s) will focus on Drake's enforcers. Book 3 features Silas in the leading role.(less)

Start your review of Capturée (A pour de souffle, #3)
Hannah McBride
You know what? No. I can't even with this series. I wanted more - I *expected* more. After the disappointment that was MASTERED and DOMINATED, I expected Silas' book to be like the Maya Banks I know and love but this was a cliche mess.

Hayley makes Bella Swan look like the world's most independent and strong woman. I have never met such a weak character. And her background is sob story after sob story - her mom died, her dad died, she has no friends, she's attacked by 3 rapists ... But she's beau
Snow
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

the dialoges in this book...
i don't even have a word to summer up the vomiting pulse of dislike...

Urrrghhh...

Predictable.
One dimensional.

But at least i rounded up the series! Yaaay!

♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This contemporary read is the 3rd in the series (I haven’t read any of the previous books) but it can be read as a standalone. There are quite a few secondary characters but again, they didn’t distract too much from the main story line. The blurb hinted that there would be some angst between Hayley and Silas and I was feeling in the mood for some angsty turmoil. Long story short, the angst was definitely there but the reason behind it was too obvious and drawn out. The MCs had so much potential ...more
Lisa
This book was just okay. The dialogue from Silas was really awkward unbelievable and he behaved in ways that made no sense. Hayley tried to be a strong woman but she too acted strangely. And the ending was a major letdown.

(view spoiler)
Krissys
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star, featured-books
He can’t change who he is...

A horrific childhood has made Silas the man he is today: dangerous, distrustful, and demanding. He’s lived in self-imposed solitude, convinced that no woman could ever accept his need for absolute control—in business and pleasure. That is, until a young violinist walks into one of his buildings and into his life.

She can’t change what she wants...

Haley has been struggling to fulfill her father’s dying wish: to attend a prestigious music school in New York City. But eve
SB*needs low angst books*
Hayley has moved to New York for only a short amount of time to attend a prestigious music school. She is about to not have a place to stay and so far no luck in finding something she can afford. Then the building she just left with the place out of her budget calls and tells her they have another one ridiculously cheap. She is in shock but doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth and takes it.

Silas sees Hayley in his apartment building due the security cameras he has installed. He is immediately
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shadow's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This is the third book of three in the Enforcers series, It is a standalone, but is tied to the characters from Mastered and Dominated.

This is a much better book than the first two. Silas is a much more sympathetic character than Drake, and while he screws up, he does it for a good reason, unlike Drake.

Haley Winthrop has had a tough time of it lately. Cheated out of her late father’s life insurance money, she is struggling to hold o
Varied Books

My random thoughts

The writing wasn't consistent. It felt as if there were 2 writing voices.

I liked both the H/h. Insta-lust story turned into love. h is a Mary-Sue in the sense that everyone loves her. The story did keep my interest but it wasn't fantastic & the current ebook price of $9.99 is ridiculous IMO.

H is all alpha who needs to be in control & keep the people he loves safe.

h is submissive but is not a pushover. She's Not TSTL. I loved how she believed scum should get what's co
Debra Presley
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS.

I read the first two books in this series and I really enjoyed them but this book I really fell in love with. The pace of this book was a lot more my speed and Silas was a character that I was very intrigued with in Mastered and Dominated.

I loved that Silas got a dose of his own medicine, sort of speak, with how crazy protective he became over Haley. He now realized that love can make you do, say and act in some crazy ways.

Haley is a pretty strong female lead character and I think th
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Featuring the silent and steadfast friend of Drake, Silas meets the woman of his dreams. This dream seems out of reach for a man of his past. He was dealt a bad hand with his despicable parents and the so called child protection services. Ms. Banks appears to be upping her usage of tortured pasts. Perhaps this series should really be called alpha hot guys who have terrible childhoods. It is what binds these men all together.

Haley is a bit better than Evangeline. She may be all alone in her life
Amy
Mar 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
What the actual fuck?
Sophia
Full-filling a dying father's wish, talented violinist, dark protector, and danger surrounding them really drew me in and made me eager to experience my first book by the author. While I have mixed feelings about this book, I'm not sorry to have read it.

Kept is actually book three in The Enforcers series. The first two books were about one couple and this book started a new romance arc with a new couple and the ongoing trouble with the mafia types out for revenge. I didn't read the first two boo
Nicky نیکی
No one writes angst and emotional stories quite like Maya Banks and this book was no exception. Unlike Drake from the first two books, Silas wasn’t an asshole to the heroine and never disrespected her or questioned her loyalty. He hurts Hayley profoundly but it was through a desire to keep her safe and a feeling of being unworthy of her, not because he’s a jerk. Hayley is sweet and innocent but nowhere near as annoying as Evangeline. I mean, not even in the same room. I enjoyed all of the angst ...more
Nikki
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept was a surprising roller coaster ride of emotions that had me wrung out by the end! Banks definitely had me going through the gauntlet with this one. I found myself amused, distraught and annoyed within the span of a few chapters. As always, Banks weaves a tale full of redemption. Silas believes himself to be damaged goods, unworthy of love. When Haley barges into his life with her innate goodness and gentleness, he finds it difficult to continuously push her away. He doesn’t make it easy on ...more
Astraycat
3.75 stars. This book had hot scenes, threats you didn't know when will strick, and alpha males.

I felt deeply for h's situation at first, and when H helped her without hesitation, I admired H so much, esp when he saved her.

However, I didn't like how suddenly they just slept together…felt sth miss at the plot. The built-up from beginning was so great that I didn't understand why the rush all of a sudden.

Then my admire to H disappeared when he pushed h away. Really ridiculous. Gladly to see h yel
Darcy
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, 2016, audio-book, erotica
I had hoped that Silas learned from Drake and his actions. Instead Silas made the same stupid mistakes that Drake did. I was a bit surprised that Haley kept forgiving him. What was really odd for me was how the guys kept Haley away from Evangeline. That caused a bunch of jealousy for Haley. They needed to keep the women protected and isolated, but wouldn't it have made sense to have them meet and be friends??? They could commiserate with each other about their over the top protective men.
Tricia Len
So very disappointed in this entire series. But especially this story. I was hoping that Silas's story would be better than the first two. What happened to Maya Banks? It reads like a bad old harlequin with sex thrown in. I guess I was expecting too much.
Kendra Needs
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
KEPT by Maya Banks, what a great book, in my opinion it was the best in the series and not at all the story line we are used to from Maya Banks.  I have to say I was shocked (in a good way) that I was more than half way through the book and there had been no explosive sex scenes (don't get me wrong I love those sex scenes, but it was really nice to read a book where there was more story than sex).

This is Silas story and we know from the previous two books in this series that he has developed a v
Book Reading Gals
Title: Kept
Series: Enforcers series Book #3
Author: Maya Banks
Genre: Erotic
Release Date: October 25, 2016
Review copy provided by the publisher

Blurb:

From the author of Mastered and Dominated comes the third Enforcers novel—the searing story of a woman who finds sanctuary in surrender...

Dawn Livingston
May 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Gave up on page 36 for two reasons. One, I don't like really strong swearing like the f word or crude words for women's genitalia. That came out of the blue and was an unpleasant surprise when I was enjoying the book so well and the book up to that point was so opposite being crude and harsh, etc. Second, the hero is apparently in the mob. Hero and mob don't go together for me. I know the hero is not as clearly the guy in the white hat anymore but somewhere in a grey area but this is just too mu ...more
Sandy S
3.5 stars--

About the book: Release Date October 25, 2016

He can’t change who he is...

She can’t change what she wants...

Hayley has been struggling to fulfill her father’s dying wish: to at
Lauren Luman
I really wanted to love this book. I'm a Maya Banks fan, but there were so many problematic points.

1. The unnecessary overuse of pet names. Silas uses them in almost every other statement, it seems. The other guys also use them.

2. Some continuity/scene consistency issues.

3. A weak heroine. It took almost the entire book for Hayley to grow a backbone. And she keeps getting viciously attacked.

4. Silas literally makes the same mistake that his brother made in the first 2 books, being an asshole a
DemetraP
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked how protective the hero was of the heroine. I liked how he wanted to take care of her and do anything to make her happy.

I didn't think the kink was over the top. Hero likes to tell her what position to use and to get naked for her. Bondage a few times, one time a flogging, etc. He never takes her to a BDSM club, she is just for him.

I didn't like the hero making dumb decisions and thinking the heroine would be better off without him. And the whole thing with him not telling her who Evang
Soo
Oct 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Notes:

#10 on Read all the Books on Audible Escape Before It Poofs

I know. The story is completely unbelievable but I still liked the characters.
Nalla Reads
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted on NallaReads

**ARC Received from NetGalley for an honest review***

Maya Banks is back with her Enforcer Series third installment: KEPT

Silas has a tragic past that makes him the perfect right hand to the one and only Drake. But when downtrodden Hayley steps into his path he suddenly can't control the urges he has to own her and make her his.

I loved Silas when we first met him in Mastered. The quiet sidekick (although thats a poor name for his role in Drake's life, h

Bj
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 "Princess" Stars for the story and 4 Stars for the narration.

Lovers of the knight in shining (or in this case, "tarnished") armor saves the damsel in distress themed romances will love Kept the most. With a very strong alpha, protective hero, who believes himself to be unworthy due to a horrific past, and a heroine who is perfectly content with being swept-up, provided for and completely protected, Kept is sure to be appealing to lovers of the Fifty Shades of Grey styled romances. And yes, K
Avid Reader
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept (The Enforcers #3) by Maya Banks
4 stars
M/F BDSM Romance
I reviewed my personal copy for Wicked Reads BYOB.

This is the third book in the series and I liked this one much better. You get to see Silas and how his past shaped who he is today. But, you also get to see him change for the better with the help of Haley.

Haley is struggling after her father passed away and the insurance company refused to pay out on the policy. She is amazingly talented with a violin and despite working herself in ord
Katherine Yearwood
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Kept is 368 of pure madness. Madness to the point that it didn’t come anywhere close to the greatness of Master and Dominant. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed Kept. However, not as much as I enjoyed the other two before. Even though, this is book three in The Enforcers Series, Kept can assuredly be read as a standalone. But since prior characters makes an appearance and since Drake’s behavior makes a huge point on how this story panned out. I think it would be helpfully to read this series in order ...more
Jenn_COBB - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo ARC REVIEW_zpsxzwrevez.jpg
Book 3 of the Enforcer Series but can also be read as a standalone but for best understanding of the story and development of its characters I recommend to read them in order.
Dominated - book 1
Mastered - book 2.

So this book is about Drake Donovan's most trusted man Silas and how she gets affected by a girl who comes looking for an apartment in his building.
From the first moment he sees Hayley on his surveillance monitors he is completely sold for the girl even if it takes him a while to rea
Laura Beth
Ok, the first thing I need to say is that I do not like mob/criminal boss heroes. I recently read a review of an historical novel (In Her Wildest Scots Dream)in which the author chose the hero to be a Scotsman who built ships for the Confederate navy. The reviewer DNF the book because she took exception to the line in the book in which the hero states that he objected to slavery but still was going to provide ships. Apparently he did not state emphatically enough that slavery was wrong. Now I to ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Caged (Mastered, #4)
  • Tart (Delicious, #2)
  • Unwound (Mastered, #2)
  • Men Out of Uniform
  • Unraveled (Mastered, #3)
  • Bound (Mastered, #1)
  • Coming Back (Ink & Chrome, #3)
  • Nauti Boy (Nauti, #1)
  • Nauti Intentions (Nauti #4)
  • Nauti Dreams (Nauti, #3)
  • Lush (Delicious, #3)
  • Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2)
  • Nauti Temptress (Nauti, #6; Nauti Girls, #1)
  • Laid Bare (Brown Family, #1)
  • Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3)
  • Guilty Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #11)
  • Nauti Nights (Nauti, #2)
  • Nauti and Wild (Nauti, #5.5; Wild Riders, #3.5)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

The Enforcers (3 books)
  • Mastered (The Enforcers, #1)
  • Dominated (The Enforcers, #2)