Start by marking “The Bank of Goodliness: Shadeys Bank needs to clean up its image, a country vicar needs a new career. It could be a match made in heaven. Or Hell.” as Want to Read:

When Shadeys Bank loses yet another C.E.O. to a major scandal, they are desperate to show theyve reformed. Who better to present their redemption to the world than a country vicar with a reputation for being annoyingly good?

Reverend Tom Goodman is ousted from his job as a country vicar for allowing a homeless family to stay in the church hall. Meanwhile, a major bank is
Published November 29th 2019 by Mirador Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Bank of Goodliness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bank of Goodliness

Start your review of The Bank of Goodliness: Shadeys Bank needs to clean up its image, a country vicar needs a new career. It could be a match made in heaven. Or Hell.
Nick Albert
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A recalcitrant vicar gets sacked for housing the homeless and then mysteriously gets a job offer to become the CEO of Britains most disreputable bank what could possibly go wrong?
In The Bank of Goodliness comic genius David Luddington delivers another sure-fire bestseller. As always, his research is immaculate, I can only imagine the fun he had fact finding banks, bibles and beer all at the same time. David has always had an impressive ability to turn complicated subjects into amusing
Lesley Hewitt
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book

I liked this book a lot, Tom was the manager of a famous group then he became a vicar. He was then offered the job of CEO at Shadeys bank where he put together a small team of ex cons and others he met in his local pub. They scrutinised the bank and found shady deals that needed sorting. It's a really good read once you start reading you can't stop until you find out how they sort everything.
Paul
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked the sound of the premise of the book and wasnt disappointed. Im in the finance industry and the author was correct in many of the descriptions of some of the shady goings on. The book was entertaining from the start, intelligently written and good fun. It had me rooting for the underdog and was silly when it needed to be. I have read other books by this author and enjoyed them all.

Not too deep and not too shallow, I thoroughly recommend :-)
Ann Patras
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read David Luddingtons previous books, I looked forward to reading his latest offering and was not disappointed.
Taking on a slightly more serious subject, The Bank of Goodliness none-the-less proved to be a very entertaining read. I loved the diversity of characters in this story, which gave the author an abundance of opportunities to flaunt his wonderful sense of humour.
Highly recommended.
Phil Altimas
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book even though the plot is daft, a vicar is given the job of CEO of a huge bank to become a patsy for them
There is action , adventure, intrigue and a bit of a love interest. Great pace and great character.

He takes up the job and finds out there is more to the bank that meets the eye, can he fix it before they get rid of him
Sally Bishop
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Need more stars

While it took a bit of reading to get into the story I'm glad I kept reading. My initial thoughts were that the author was too heavy handed with the characters personalities. This feeling was quickly proved incorrect. I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.
Rob
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Gentle humour, good characters and a light enjoyable read. Could have done with one or two more chapters to satisfy my desire for an account, in detail, of the (hopefully) full downfall of certain characters!
Chris & Phil Butterworth
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh if it was true

Wouldn't you love to get one over on all the men in suits that run big business thanks David another funny book
Miss Katherine
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Easy read very enjoyable.

This book captured my attention straight away as does all Luddingtons books. They are comfortable, familiar and funny. Read it!
Roger
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
An amusing and easy read - certainly will look out for others by the author. Whimsical where it could have become more dark and meaningful
Trevor Jackson
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OK confession time, I asked David for (as I'd read his previous books and he sent me) an advanced copy.
I didn't read it then as work got in the way of life, as it does.

After a couple of months I thought, well better take a look and so ordered it on line along with s couple of others ready for my long flight to New Zealand.

The review?
Well the book is superb, they say a picture paints a thousand words, David's words paint a vivid picture that really makes David's books stand out.

His other books
Janice Aveling
Jan 18, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Kenneth
  • Clawthorn (Clement, #3)
  • Tuned Out
  • The Reluctant Detective: A humorous crime mystery (A Martin Hayden Mystery. Book 1)
  • Meeting Mungo Thunk
  • Wrong'un (Clement #2)
  • Who Sent Clement? (Clement #1)
  • The '86 Fix: A 1980s Time Travel Novel
  • A God Almighty Scandal
  • The Unsound Convictions of Judge Stephen Mentall
  • Bloody Christmas
  • Beyond Broadhall (The '86 Fix #2)
  • Who Needs Love, Anyway?
  • The Mary Celeste Papers
  • Dumped, Actually
  • Where Seagulls Dare
  • Driven to Distraction
  • Candy Canes and Buckets of Blood (Sprite Brigade Book 1)

News & Interviews