Start by marking “Violya (In the Heart of the Mountains #2)” as Want to Read:
Violya (In the Heart of the Mountains #2)

Violya

(In the Heart of the Mountains #2)

A gifted warrior consumed by revenge. An unstoppable enemy rampaging ever closer. A ravaged country in desperate need of a ruler.

After a brutal and bloody invasion, a once powerful matriarchal nation is in chaos.

Only the shy warrior Violya can pick up the pieces and save her broken country. But an old threat – for one thousand years suppressed – has awoken. Now unleashed,
Kindle Edition
Published December 10th 2019 by NValters

To ask other readers questions about Violya, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Violya

Start your review of Violya (In the Heart of the Mountains #2)
C.T. Phipps
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: grimdark, fantasy
VIOLYA by Rosalyn Kelly is the second volume of IN THE HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN, which is a feminist dark fantasy series that deals with a multitude of societies undergoing deep social changes. I really enjoyed the previous volume, MELOKAI, and eagerly picked up this book the moment that it came out.

The book opens up with a helpful recap of the previous one's story hooks and plots, which I believe more books should include. The previous Melokai is dead along with her child, the rebellion by the
Koeur
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review: I received this from the author in exchange for an honest review and NOT Netgalley i.e. the tramplers of First Amendment rights while licking the anus’ of publishers.

Once again this author takes a very daunting approach to writing as there is a lot going on. Big props for wending a tale steeped in a myriad of unconventional approaches. What is a consistent theme throughout the novel, no matter the Kingdom in which it resides, is that men suck and when not sucking they are beta males
Saundra Wright
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who loves great sagas needs to check out this series. The world is as richly imagined as the complex word of The Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin. It explores totally different types of people, the politics of the land both internal and between nations, with the added punch of magic.

The last Molokai, the leader of her people, was killed during an invasion by a neighboring land. Violya is a warrior. No one is more surprised than she when she is selected as the new Molokai.

But
Sarah Rutherford
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been eagerly waiting to read Rosalyn's second book to see where she would take the characters next. This sequel is compelling and I was hooked by the first chapter (think I read it in 2 days!). The characters have evolved and there is more depth to their personalities which bring them to life through this intricate tale that is set in some intriguing locations. I love how the detailed descriptions of the environment allow you to visualize each element as if you were there, but don't ...more
Becky
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With the first book in this trilogy ending in a gripping finale, I couldn't wait to read the follow up, Violya. And I wasn't disappointed thanks to plenty of fast-paced action and strong female characters all set in a convincingly complex fantasy landscape.

With some beautiful descriptive touches, Violya transports you to another world. One where women don't just take a back seat or linger on the periphery but are at the heart of the story.

Like the first book Melokai, I couldn't put this novel
Eleanor Brown
Nov 16, 2019
Rosalyn Kelly
Nov 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Reuben
Lia
Dec 10, 2019
Ricardo Guerrero
Dec 01, 2019
Get my novella The Fall of Vaasar as a free ebook here: www.rosalynkelly.co.uk/free-book

Rosalyn Kelly grew up in the magical New Forest in the south of England and has lived around the country as well as in the Middle East, and travelled all over the world.

She studied English Literature and Language at Oxford Brookes University before embarking on a PR and marketing career.

After ten years

In the Heart of the Mountains (2 books)
  • Melokai (In the Heart of the Mountains #1)