Start by marking “Barley & Rye, The Adventure of Lost Castle (Barley and Rye #1)” as Want to Read:
Barley & Rye, The Adventure of Lost Castle (Barley and Rye #1)

Barley & Rye, The Adventure of Lost Castle (Barley and Rye #1)

No child taken to Lost Castle has ever returned.

When Barley’s brother Rye is captured by robbers and taken to Lost Castle, Barley sets out to do the impossible and rescue him. On his journey he meets a witch who loans him a magic sword, but the magic will only work if Barley can learn to keep his heart truly unselfish.

Join Barley and Rye as they take on the robbers of Los
Kindle Edition
Published November 14th 2019 by Fiction Vortex

To ask other readers questions about Barley & Rye, The Adventure of Lost Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barley & Rye, The Adventure of Lost Castle

Start your review of Barley & Rye, The Adventure of Lost Castle (Barley and Rye #1)
Joseph M Hoffman
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic modern fairytale!

This story was so charming. I love the simplicity of the sentences, it was so tasty for my young reader to enjoy. I loved how authentically brothers Grimm it felt, with more cheering us. I am excited to introduce this story to my son, because he's not a fan of fiction in general, but I think the delightful charm of how the story is written combined with the simple foxy telling will make the story more accessible for him. Brilliant story, delightful read.
Aaron Wixom
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was interesting

Once you get used to the format, this book is very interesting. This is a book for younger kids, but I read it all in one sitting. Once you are passed the beginning, it is a very quick read. For those that like short chapters, this is the book for you.
Bob Stocks
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a delightful romp for middle readers. Really enjoyed the interaction between the brothers!
Melissa
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This delightful story is classic but not ordinary. I loved the characters we met along the journey and the way good ensues as the brothers both work on being something for themselves and each other.
Rena Phung
The author wrote this book with one thing in mind: what would the Kids want to have happen? :D. And she did it just right. Fun. Good morals. And actually delightfully unpredictable! With a perfect happy ending. Definitely recommend ❤️ (especially for ages 7-12).
Aubrey Frandsen
Jul 26, 2020 rated it liked it
The idea behind this story was great. The first time I read this, the formatting was strange, but I found out the formatting was thrown off by the website through which I was given a copy, and I was given an updated copy with better formatting, which helped me enjoy it more. Many of the names were extremely cheesy, so it was difficult for me to read without rolling my eyes anytime a name came up, but if I had been expecting this to be a children's chapter book, I might have been more prepared fo ...more
Isabl
Michael Chris
May 22, 2020
Valerie Cunningham
Jul 15, 2020

• Rise of Empire (The Riyria Revelations, #3-4)
  • Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1)
  • Sword Fight (Kingdom of Engines #1)
  • Heir of Novron (The Riyria Revelations, #5-6)
  • The Stolen Chapters (Story Thieves, #2)
  • The Light of All That Falls (The Licanius Trilogy, #3)
  • A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
  • Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations, #1-2)
  • An Echo of Things to Come (The Licanius Trilogy, #2)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)
  • Fortunately, the Milk
  • Heroes Wanted: A Fantasy Anthology
  • The Shadow of What Was Lost (The Licanius Trilogy, #1)
  • Story Thieves (Story Thieves, #1)
  • Depths (HighTower Fairytales: The Little Mermaid #1)
  • Atlas Obscura: An Explorer's Guide to the World's Hidden Wonders
  • North! or Be Eaten (The Wingfeather Saga, #2)
Rebecca J. Carlson lives on the North Shore of Oahu with her husband, two youngest sons, one rabbit, one turtle, two parakeets, a lovebird, and over a thousand pounds of books (she knows because she had to ship those books across the Pacific when she moved to Hawaii). When she isn't reading or writing, you'll find her teaching college physics, hiking in the Ko'olau mountains, or playing harp in he ...more

News & Interviews