Start by marking “Tangled (Emerson Falls Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Tangled (Emerson Falls Book 1)

Tangled (Emerson Falls Book 1)

Kane:
One night, that’s all it was supposed to be. Tony—my confidant and the bartender I made friends with when I moved to Emerson Falls, Oregon—pushed me to have some fun, a word I’ve forgotten the meaning of since I was betrayed three years ago. But that deep red hair and those curves on that woman drew me in.

After life-altering sex, I resigned myself to the fact I’d
Kindle Edition
Published December 2019

To ask other readers questions about Tangled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled

Start your review of Tangled (Emerson Falls Book 1)
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
I read this one straight through! I loved Kane and Olivia! There’s no OTT drama and their besties-absolutely hilarious supporting characters in the best way possible! Did I mention Olivia and Kane are teachers?! The story itself was one I could sink my teeth into and the romance- swoon worthy!
Mybookshelf35
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely devoured this book. I was lucky enough to have a ARC copy of this and my god, what a roller coaster of emotions with a plot twist I just did not see coming. The story of Kane and Olivia is absolutely magical and gives new meaning to the word swoon. Harlow james has definitely done it again with the phenomenal, sexy, sweet and witty read. Her writing style never fails to memorize me and these characters have captured my heart .
If I could have given more than 5 I would have easily.
Jessie
Shelves: romance, contemporary, arc
I received this arc in exchange for my honest review.

One-night-stand turned co-worker
Brief enemies to lovers
Swoon worthy hero with a past
Fiesty heroine
Hilarious best friends
A surprise twist you won't see coming

description

I connected easily with Kane and Olivia. Both are very enjoyable and perfect for each other. I loved how the relationship growed up. And the way that the author developed the characters, making me beleive for moments that they are real, with their reflexions and thoughts.

Pics-Art-12-15-05-22-09

If you love
Katie ✨
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TANGLED hits all the feels. Set up in Emerson Falls, a small welcoming town with genuine and authentic characters you can relate to, this story is about healing, second chances, hope and taking risks. Written with heart, heat and humor, it is the perfect reading for anytime.
Britney Chavez
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gahhh Harlow did me good with this amazing book!
This isn’t my first read by Harlow and I LOVE everything she writes but this story was so good and addicting!!

I just fell in love with Kane. Oh this man just broke my heart and then put it back together with how he didn’t realize he was a true romantic. Gosh he is one of my new favorite book boyfriends. The way Harlow wrote him just really pulled the heartstrings.

And Olivia was so strong and sweet, the best mixture of the type of heroine that I
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More Harlow James? Yes please!
Little hate to love co-workers chemistry
This story starts out as Olivia finds her boyfriend cheating and Kane goes through the worst kind of betrayal with his Fiancée. One night is all Kane and Olivia thought they would have together and one night was only what it was supposed to be until they find out they are both working at Emerson Falls school.
Kane and Olivia are great together. They have little bickers, they have chemistry and they learn to work as a team and
Halle Reads
4.5/5 Stars
Above me is this man, surrounded by darkness—yet all I see is the light he’s brought back into my life.

created-image-1576457869336

After catching her boyfriend cheating on her Olivia decides to move back to her hometown Emerson Falls, Oregan to be closer to her family and her friends. She takes a job as a teacher at the local high school but before her first day decides to let off some steam and enjoy a night out with friends and let go a little

Kane Garrison is left vulnerable and hurt after being betrayed by
Brittnie Becker
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Olivia and Kane's story both is started by the betrayal of their boyfriend and girlfriend.

Which leads to a wild buzzed hookup but they will be seeing more of each other much sooner than they think.

Both Olivia and kane are teachers at Emerson falls. They decide to try to be cordial then more but what happens when a blast from the past comes back around will this destroy the relationship they have built ?

Will kane ever trust again?

I love the main characters so well written I like the timeline of
confessions of a book addict
Looking for a feel good, small town romance full of witty banter, steamy scenes and plenty of swooning? Tangled, is definitely for you. I have read a ton of really heavy books lately and this book was the perfect amount of humor, friendship, romance and love.Kane & Olivia had you routing for them immediately. The friends they surround themselves with were fantastic and so much fun to read. I have a definite soft spot for a romance between hot teachers ~ maybe because I’m now much closer to ...more
QueenOfBooks88
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was so magical! I loved the connection Olivia and Kane had, a swoon worthy couple for sure and the interconnecting history was edge of your seat gripping. Harlow James is a great author and i cannot wait to see what's next ...more
N. Biggs
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG! What a story! Sad to say I’ve never read a Harlow James book before. Boy was I missing out. James is an incredible writer. My introduction to Kane and Olivia’s world was a stellar one that did not disappoint.

It starts with Kane’s POV. A war hero, returning home after serving his country. Unfortunately, Kane gets the welcome home surprise he didn’t want. A surprise he never saw coming. Shocked, and hurt
he gather’s remnants of his shattered life he tried building with someone under false
Rosie
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I completely consumed this book in a day, fully immersing myself into Emerson Falls and the emotions that Kane and Olivia went through.

So much heartbreak occurs at the start of Tangled, with both Kane and Olivia being cheated on by their respective partners. Both are reluctant to get into another serious relationship because of the betrayal and self-doubt they still feel from the sudden end to both of their previous relationships, until a Bon Jovi song draws them together one night in a bar in
Shia
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"You were the one thing I never thought I wanted."

Harlow did a FANTASTIC rendition of raw life situations that hurt you in the worst way imaginable and leaves you to crawl your way out of the hole by facing those feelings head on and learning to move on. From cheating scandals to infertility struggles, mistrust issues to past acquaintances, its all in here. I thought my heart couldn't handle one more obstacle for Kane and Olivia but Harlow throws in another one and there it goes bleeding out
Catt
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kane, an ex marine who was devastated years ago, when he returns from deployment only to find his fiancée literally shagging his best mate. Olivia, a school teacher finds her boyfriend spending his late work hours literally inside his secretary. Both completely broken and looking to let go, fate pushes them together for their hottest night of their lives and then tangles with them again.

I was lucky to receive an ARC for this book and by golly, I LOVED it!!! It was sweet and cute and Kane is HOT
Stela
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the ARC, Harlow James!!!
I loved this book! Olivia and Kane's story is so sweet! I liked that the characters are so real that you can identify with them.
The story is beautifully written, not rushed and has everything, hot scenes, funny moments and an unexpected twist. This is a great story that makes you realize once again that you can find love when you least expect it.
You should definitely read it!!!
Rosie's Bookshelf
Welcome Emerson Falls...

This book was a slow burn emotional rollercoaster ride that was full of angst, drama, steam and most importantly love... A definite 5 star read for me and would definitely recommend

Can't read wait to read more
Lil
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Eeeh, that was a hella hot mess one night stand.. And this was hella bad time to read a book, haha!
Good book, but not my cup of tea. Read it to past the time, but I had fun.

Stars: 3,5
Skye Yanovsky
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 read. Emotional, steamy, funny & sweet

In Tangled we are given a story about two people who have been hurt deeply by people they loved but destiny intervenes to give them their second chance for love. Kane and Olivia have the Fates on their side when they meet not once but twice. What follows is a very passionate friends to lover romance with enough steam to keep readers fanning themselves while reading.

Tangled starts off with a gut wrenching betrayal but as soon as Kane and Olivia first
Rachel Dunk
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harlow for the WIN!!! Every time I read one of her books, I think that it can’t get any better, but then she surprises me all over again. Harlow James is an incredibly gifted storyteller, if that isn’t apparent by the novels she’s got under her belt now, then maybe you are reading the wrong genre. She is an up and coming, highly anticipated romance author. I’m dying for her next book, Enticed, I can only imagine how great it will be.

Alright, down to business on Tangled. Geez, this book caught
Nikki Pennington
I can't look back. I won't look back. Only forward. And I vow, right then and there, never to let anyone into my heart again.

I was contacted by the author of Tangled. She asked if I would read and review her latest release, and I was more than happy to give it a shot. There are SO many books out there in the romance world that I'm often wondering how many I'm missing out on. This would have been one of those book. I am so thankful that she contacted me and asked me to read and review, because
heareads
Overall Rating - .5

I love a small town romance with all the feels and this little gem provided me with all of that.

We start with unfortunate circumstances when the MC’s both catch their retrospective partners cheating on them. Kane confronts them while in the act, then leaves feeling hurt and heartbroken thinking his ex was the one he was going to grow old with. Olivia catches her ex with his secretary and just backs up, packs up her stuff and ends up back in her home town.

They meet at the town
Katslovesbooks
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!! What an amazing story was Tangled (Emerson Falls book#1). This is my first book by author Harlow James and definitely won't be my last. The main characters Kane and Olivia both come from heartache that sends them into a journey that lands both of them in the town of Emerson Falls. The story starts with a very particular meeting on Tony's bar that had things heating up very quickly, and let me tell you its hot.What both of them think its a one night thing becomes something else because ...more
Christine
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by saying, of course, I loved it! Harlow James writes these scenes where the flirting and the banter are just so fun to read that it pulls me in and I end up flying threw her books! Tangled was no different. The chemistry between Olivia and Kane was so damn hot!

Kane moves to Emerson Falls three years ago after returning from his second deployment and finding his fiancee in bed with his best friend. My heart broke right along with his. Kane is now a high school history teacher
Cheer Reader
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot damn! I was so happy to receive an ARC of this book and it did not disappoint!
Olivia and Kane were on fire for one another from the start. There was something there that they could both feel but were too scared to figure out.
“This man—Mr. Mysterious—was like a sinful, fluffy, covered in maple syrup and sprinkled with a dash of cinnamon stack of pancakes—loaded with regretful carbs that you try to convince yourself you don’t need, but have to have just one bite of.”
Given that they had both
Stacie R.
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kane and Olivia get their HEA!

Kane knows what it’s like to be hurt. He had his heart broken by his best friend and his high school sweetheart, and hasn’t felt anything real for a woman in a long time. Who knew that the first girl to cause more than just a stir would be the one to change his life.

Olivia also knows pain, that pain is what has led her back to her hometown and a night out with her friends. Her attraction to Kane is immediate, and their night together is white hot, but when she shows
Cecelia Ray
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I read the synopsis, I knew I had to read this book! I am a huge fan of a couple being stuck together after a night of passion and this is exactly that and so much more! That one night turned into so much sexual tension between these two and I lived for it! This book is full of passion, tension, and tons of emotions. It will draw you in and have you on the edge of your seat dying for this couple to find their HEA.

Kane and Olivia are so amazing together and I couldn’t get enough of them.
SCBookAddict
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great start for this new series!

Tangled by Harlow James is a a great story about a couple that was supposed to be a one night stand until they run into each other at work. Oops, right?

Kane was burned badly three years ago and has no inclination to travel down that road again until Olivia dances her way into his path, then his head and possibly his heart.

This book was the first time I have read anything by this author so I wasn't sure what her style would be.

She wasted no time into getting the
The Reading Realtor Michelle Diomede
Tangled by Harlow James

I am voluntarily reviewing this ARC.

Compelling, addictive, captivating, swoon worthy...all words that I would use to describe this book.
I can not say enough good about it.
Both Olivia and Kane have been burned in love.
Kane’s fiancé cheated on him three years ago, so he started over and began his teaching career.
Olivia walked in on her live in boyfriend of a year, with his secretary...enough said.
She left and moved back to her home town. There was a teaching position in
Daydream.book.bliss
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One Look was one of my favorite books I have read this year & Tangled almost tied (I just have so much love for One Look) but I absolutely loved everything bout Tangled. I would have loved to have been friends with Olivia. She was just amazing + let’s not forget about Kane. Hot “lumberjack” with a troubled past with no want nor need for a relationship (been there) then in comes Olivia + knocks him off his feet (done that too). I related a lot to this book. I kinda feel like Harlow James and ...more
Monica Reviews Books
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kane and Olivia have a one-night stand and go their separate ways, thinking they’d never see each other again—until Olivia shows up in the school where Kane teaches to start her new job! Both were betrayed by their respective partners and neither feel ready to get into a serious relationship, but fate had other plans; and just when things start looking up, someone from the past threatens their future…

Tangled is a beautifully written book. I couldn’t wait to see what would rock Kane and Olivia’s
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Sound of Salvation (Deliverance #1)
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Hometown Heartless
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Unexpected (Love in LA, #1)
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • Coffee Girl
  • Rebel Soul
  • Rejected (Imperfectly Perfect, #2)
  • The Best Chance
  • Descent
  • Almost Perfect
  • Mantrum
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • What Do You Regret? (What Do You, #2)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
Harlow James is a wife and mom who fell in love with romance novels, so she decided to write her own.

Her debut series, The Hopetown Series, can be found on Amazon and in Kindle Unlimited.

Her baseball romance and complete standalone, One Look, is now available.

Tangled, the first book in her new Emerson Falls Series, is now available.

When she's not writing, she can be found working her day job,