Start by marking “The Truths We Told (Secrets and Truths Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Truths We Told (Secrets and Truths Duet, #2)

The Truths We Told

(Secrets and Truths Duet #2)

When Kate finds her world crumbling around her, she does everything possible not to crumble with it by building castle-strong walls to hide behind.

A person can only hide for so long.

Thrust back into the life she’s been running from, she’s forced to confront the damage she left in her wake. Working to repair fractured relationships, she discovers one that just might save
Published March 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Truths We Told, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truths We Told

Start your review of The Truths We Told (Secrets and Truths Duet, #2)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
the-truths-we-told

'THE TRUTHS WE TOLD' is the second full length new adult book in E.K. Blair's 'Secrets and Truths' duet. It picks up where the first book left off.

We were all wanting to know the outcome of that dreadful night, waiting with bated breath to see who was banging on her door. Was it him? Would she open the door to him? Would she go back to him? The anticipation levels were skyrocketing out of control as I not so patiently waited for this one to arrive.

There is no denying what a great writer
Elle G.
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, college
Release Date: March 12, 2020
Actual Rating: 4 stars

New Adult Romance | Second Book in the Secrets & Truths Duet

E.K. Blair is a wonderful writer. I’ve read a few of her novels now and see something special in each on of them. The Secrets and Truths duet is an emotional one, but it delivers in its message to women all over the world. It’s indescribable to be completely honest and it’s a powerful and uplifting read. While the subject of both books is quite heavy, Blair successfully adds small
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blair spotlights the secret epidemic in women world. It is lethal and dangerous, and it's a well kept secret- The insecurity of Never Being Enough. It's shameful, embarrassing and humiliating to a point that they justify it in heir hearts with I Deserved It or It was MY fault
It never was.......It never is. Period.
"Fear has a funny way of silencing a person, so I lie here in the dead of night with his taste in my mouth and a thousand unspoken words dancing on my tongue."
It's a heavy subject t
Carlene Inspired
Find this review, buy links, and more at Carlene Inspired.

Time has passed, but Kate's wounds are not healed. She's returning to Miami, to school, but the embarrassment, the fear, the judgement she knows is awaiting her makes the return difficult. Running would only last her so long though, so she's forcing herself to face what she left behind. Repairing the broken relationships she misses makes her realize she hasn't repaired things with herself and she must choose between healing or running aga
Becky Rendon
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Truths We Told is an emotional and heartbreaking story. E.K. Blair had me in tears more than once. The Truths We Told are hard and deeply personal. Kate and Trent are a hurricane of emotion. Their energy is magnetic.

Though they deny it, they have been teetering on the edge of Truth for a long time. I'm glad they finally caved. "They" say love hurts and it is definitely true. Just like the truths revealed in these pages, love will help you overcome anything.

Ady, it was a pleasure seeing you
Kim
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
What an amazing journey E.K. Blair takes us on in The Truths We Told, book two in the Secrets and Truths duet! This heartfelt, emotional story brings to light a subject that SO many face yet feel as though they are alone. Kate and Trent take through self-healing and a process of learning to love yourself. Their story was wonderful and I could just not get enough!
Krissy loves to read
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*sigh* My most favorite romance so far this year and i just finished, I’m having the worst book hangover ever! How do I put my words together for this review? I’ll try my best without blabbing on.
This continuation of Trent and Kate’s story is an emotional one, my stomach was on edge from the start, settled in the middle then bam I was ready to throw up towards the end! I love when the book feels run rapid!
Ek continues their story with strength, passion and truth! I truly loved these characters
Jenny
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book starts where book one ends. This author has me feeling so much much. I felt Kate’s pain and Trent’s hurt. I love the ending to this series. So amazing! I wasn’t able to put this book down. I read straight through in one sitting. JUST AMAZING! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK/SERIES!!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Lauren Luman
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
So I really enjoyed the conclusion to this story. How Trent and Kate finally found their way into each other's hearts on a deeper level, overcoming the trauma that both had to endure.

SPOILER ALERT BELOW

My only complaint about the story was that Kate never tells her family what she went through with Caleb. I get she didn't want to tell her dad since he's a cop, but she went survived hell. I feel like they deserved to know why she was so withdrawn.
Kokomo
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Sandy S
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
THE TRUTHS WE TOLD is the second instalment in E. K.Blair’s contemporary, new adult SECRETS AND TRUTH romance story line focusing on University of Miami college students Kate Murphy, and Trent. THE TRUTHS WE TOLD should not be read as a stand alone as it picks up approximately one year after the events and cliff-hanger of book one The Secrets We Held. SECRETS AND TRUTHS duet is a spin-off from the author’s Crave Duet but you do not have to have read the previous series to follow the current time ...more
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 3.5 - 4 Stars ~

Again I am left trying to process my thoughts about this book and trying to write my review!!

As with book 1 in this Duet, I am conflicted to how I felt about the story. I enjoyed this story and I loved Trent, but then there were aspects of the story and characters (Kate) that drove me crazy. I am going to try my best to write a review that makes sense, but without giving away spoilers.

As I said befor
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Wow! I’m still emotional thinking about what I have just read. It’s a story you feel, there was no escaping that for me. I felt like Kate was my friend and I was experiencing this with her. It pulled me in and put me right in the middle of their heartbreaking and heartwarming story of healing. The writing, the characters, their story, the chemistry and connection between them are all perfect.

Kate’s story in book one was tough and in a way, this one was worse for me. The physical marks have heale
Lulu Dumonceaux
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An incredible conclusion to the Secrets & Truths Duet! Kate endured the unthinkable in Book #1. No one willing goes into a relationship, falls in love, only to realize that their partner is uncontrollably violent and abusive. At first it seems so unreal that it has to be dismissed. Then when the partner seems so remorseful it feels right to minimize what happened. But when a repeated pattern occurs and you realize you are alone and scared, it's time to reach out for help. Just like Kate did. The ...more
Jen Zingaro
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Welp. This story was an emotional journey.
I knew that EK would put my heart back together after The Secrets We Held but it left a scar.
I don't want to give away any spoilers so this is going to be vague.

Not everything you see about someone is as it seems. You never know what demons a person is facing. And true friendship, is overlooking mistakes made and sticking by that person. That's what spoke to me so much about this portion of the story. The capacity for forgiveness and being able to pick s
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
“I knew I would never be enough to make him happy. No matter how hard I tried, I was constantly letting him down. I was a failure to him. I was a failure to myself.”

“Because it was how I knew he loved me.”

The Truths We Told by EK Blair is the second book in the Secrets and Truths Duet. Kate and Trent's story picks up where The Secrets We Held left off. Kate slowly starts to face the truth about her relationship with Caleb. She also discovers the truth about real love and self-worth. EK tackles s
Nina
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Truths We Told is the second book in the Secrets and Truths Duet and picks up where we we’re all holding our breaths as to who was behind the door.

Now that her friends know the truth, Kate’s embarrassed and her first reaction is to run away from it all by going back home. She’s no longer the girl she used to be. Instead of opening up to her family, she keeps it all hidden. The time has come for her to return to Miami to face what she left behind.

Once she returns, she feels lost, scared and
Antonella's book world
It was an emotional read...for a while.
I had been expecting Trent and Kate's story for the whole first book, so I wasn't really surprised when it happened.
The author really was great on describing her problems, her psychological challenges and everything. I really loved the book for a while, but then (view spoiler)
I just want to point out that this is something I felt. What I felt is that t
Renee Jamison-Hardman
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
EK went and showed her softer side. The conclusion of Trent and Kate’s story is a passionate love affair with heartache and forgiveness.

Trent and Kate take their relationship to the next level. With great love and passion comes a harder fall into sorrow when old wounds and insecurities bring Kate’s world crumbling around her once again.

“As cheesy as it sounds, life is nothing without the people we love, and here you are, throwing them away.”

Trent carries around his own demons with his mistrust
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
This book was as good as it was frustrating. I loved Kate, I truly did, I empathised with her and I sympathised with her, I understood the damage that she was left with after the aftermath of book one, I did. However, some of the choices she makes did begin to grate on me on her path to get better. The self-esteem issues were so hard to read about, EK Blair pulled at every heartstring and shredded them, but Trent was extremely transparent in his love and belief of Kate, he stood by her, went abo ...more
Anne Milne
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Truths We Told is the conclusion to Kate's emotional journey which shows her rising from the ashes of her broken past to become a strong woman. I have no personal knowledge of the issues raised in this book but they felt so real. It is easy to put yourself in Kate's shoes and imagine how you would react. There is a delicate balance to be struck with this book between telling Kate's story of healing and a story of love and acceptance and the author does it so perfectly. I've read books that h ...more
Phyl
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I felt for her feeling so worthless and I wonder why there wasn’t a Caleb scene to give her closure. I kinda felt like it was glossed over. That mofo needed to know how he fucked her up imo. Trent was an absolutely superstar in this book. The story is incomplete to me.
Lisa
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emotionally heartbreaking that will hit you with a million and one feels—a journey about love, hope and rising again. EK Blair, you wrote it beautifully. 5⭐️’s!
❤️Melanie G.📖💛
Love how Kate come full circle. This is a heartbreaking yet heartwarming read. Really enjoyed it.
Vanessa
**FULL REVIEW**

Whoa...sometimes in the thick of life, things slip through the cracks. I'm just now getting to review this book for that very reason. With that said, here goes...but first, STOP! If you haven't read The Secrets We Held, don't read any further. This will spoil it for you completely!

If you have, then proceed...

"Beneath my clothes were countless bruises, and beneath the bruises was an inexplicable trauma. I wanted so badly to believe I was made of courage and strength, built to ca
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Now I really don’t know where to start with this review but here goes...

We start right from where book 1 finished with a year past and with just ‘who’ was banging on Kate’s door.
Kate’s story progresses slowly as her life has now taken on a total different path from what was paved in the first book. Her mind runs rampant on the daily and the whole Caleb relationship buried scars deeply within her mind.
It’s sad to see her go through the daily struggles of life and for her to not see her self wort
Julie Lavalle
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With this second book in the series I am again trying to put my feelings into words. I struggled with this one so much. I am not sure if it is because I was frustrated with Kate with how she was acting/reacting to the situation, or if it is because I know that what she was doing truly happens to women. Pushing everyone away who loves you and wants to be there for them, completely alienating themselves from everyone. Feeling worthless, never ever good enough no matter what they do, believing that ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to point out the obvious, because from time to time I don't always pay attention myself, so I'll make sure anyone who reads this review has no choice. The Truths We Told is the 2nd book in the Secrets and Truths Duet, which means that you'll have to suck it up buttercup, and read The Secrets We Held FIRST! See, this 2nd book has the audacity ( how dare you Ms. Blair) to actually pick right back up where Book 1 left off, so just do it. Now, since this is the 2nd book AND conclusion, it ...more
Sally
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
EK Blair ended her Secrets and Truth Duet with honesty and heart. We see a softer yet funnier side of Blair's writing with Kate and Trent. I adore these two characters and how they interacted with each other. They were such a surprise and so enjoyable to read.

Kate is still trying to find her place and she's not sure how to move on. EK Blair tackles such a sensitive and delicate topic flawlessly. It's easy to say that you would have done something differently. Until you are in that person's shoes
Deekay
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a stunning and emotional conclusion this story is. It wrapped up Kate and Trent’s story as a whole. Their journey from the first book are both rough and smooth, but in this book, it was more to rough than smooth.

The story started off with a one year time jump—one year after what went down at the end of the first book. Since the first book ended in a cliffhanger, I was really eager to find out who was knocking at Kate’s door at the end, and it wasn’t surprising at all when the identity of th
« previous 1 3 next »

• Into the Clear Water
  • We Are Us
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • Echoes of You
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Enticing Liam (Big Sky Royals #2)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • In the Garden of Discontent
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Someday, Someday
  • Breathe (Hollow Ridge Book 2)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • My Maddie (Hades Hangmen, #8)
  • Creole Kingpin (The Magnolia Duet, #1)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy, #2)

Secrets and Truths Duet (2 books)
  • The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths Duet, #1)

News & Interviews