Start by marking “The Senator's Secret (A Presidential Affair, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Senator's Secret (A Presidential Affair, #1)

The Senator's Secret

(A Presidential Affair #1)

My carefully crafted life is being threatened.

Someone wants to tarnish my squeaky clean image. I make my living cleaning up the messes left behind by New York’s elite. But what happens when my life becomes the mess that I avoid so carefully?

Can I trust the one man I swore to hate forever, the sexy U.S. Senator—whose name is on everyone’s lips and his body that’s rumored t
Published March 2020 by Jennifer Rebecca

To ask other readers questions about The Senator's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Senator's Secret

Start your review of The Senator's Secret (A Presidential Affair, #1)
Coco.V
Oct 09, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (10/10/2020)! 🎁
Clau
Jan 30, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: in-english, kindle
Well, this was quite better than what I expected. Maybe I would have given it a higher rating, if only it wasn't for that ending (Grace does something totally out of character for her, and also things felt kind of rushed). I must admit it was kind of predictable, but it kept me hooked and I liked both main characters.
I hated Cara and Rick, so even though I would have liked to know a bit more about Grace and Jake, I won't keep reading the series.
Debbie
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let's start with a little blackmail. Some lingering feelings. A little enemies to lovers. A fake marriage. Corrupt politicians. A little mystery/intrigue. And some craaaaaaaaaazy chemistry between the sexy senator and the attorney who wants to keep her spotless reputation!

The sparks fly between Jake and Grace. There's no denying their attraction. Blackmail throws them into a fake relationship and chemistry takes over from there. I loved watching them dance around their feelings. Grace is trying
Bela
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hero was very sweet, posessive, alpha when they get together. But i really don't care for "i have loved you for years, but since you did not give me time of the day i fucked everything that moves"
Heroine was sweet, i did not mind she was somewhat naive and doormat. It worked for her

GF will not become first lady, theh were not even married. So weird..
Messy Bun Book Blog
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! I lost a whole day because of this book! I was completely sucked in from the very beginning and I could not put it down! Jake and Grace's story was epic! This is one of the best book hangovers I have ever had! All the feels, smoking chemistry, and the best banter! FIVE HUGE STARS! ...more
NICUnurse Stephanie
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Senator’s Secret is book one in this author’s new Presidential Affair series. I quite simply adore Jennifer Rebecca’s stories. She never quite takes me down the path I think she’s going to take me, but each detour is so very worth it!

It’s a standalone story, but those of us that have read pretty much almost all of the books Jennifer Rebecca has written will enjoy the glimpses of some of our favorite heroes and heroines from other books. Nothing confusing to those that are just starting to re
Tam Sesto
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hot, sexy, and steamy.

The Senator’s Secret by Jennifer Rebecca was about a Senator running for President who convinces an attorney to be by his side for the campaign trail.

Even though this book was a typical format of romance novels, it was still a great read. Girl needs help from a man, he convinces her to be by his side in return for his help. Previous girlfriend tries to intimidate new girlfriend. And they fall in love after misunderstandings and arguments.

Regardless of the “typical romance”
Mindy Lopez
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is Book 1 in A Presidential Affair Series and my first read by this author, and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. The storyline, the characters, and the author's writing style are quite good. It is a steamy romance, with a touch of mystery and intrigue, between lawyer Grace and Senator Jake. These characters are very different but likeable, the connection strong, the chemistry hot, and the unique plot makes for an enjoyable read. It is a romantic adventure with some drama, humor, a ...more
Kayla Pocernich
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in this series and it was amazing. Grace is an headstrong, focused, lawyer and is very concerned about her image. Jake is a dimpled, former Navy SEAL that turned Senator. Grace has avoided Jake for years because he is dangerous to her heart. When Grace is being blackmailed with some slightly inappropriate pictures she has no choice but to turn the only person that can help her. This book is full of suspense, twist and turns. The chemistry between Grace and Jake is intense ...more
Books I Flove
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 1 in a stand-alone series.

This was also my first book by this author.

Grace is getting blackmailed and fears for her good reputation. So she’s trying to get help from Jake, the hot as hell sexy senator. The chemistry between these two is off the charts hot. But can get Grace herself to open up to the Senator’s idea how to help her?!

I enjoyed reading this book a lot. Some twists and turns you wouldn’t expect, nice amount of suspense.
It’s ‘only’ in Grace’s POV, which is not my favorite. But
Jeanne Richardson
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read several books written by Jennifer Rebecca; she has done a great job at writing a good book; she is becoming one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of books her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Doris
I really loved that one and am looking forward to the next 2 books in the series! ❤️

I already figured out who's the blackmailer at the beginning but that didn't stopped me from loving it. Because the whole "mystery" part wasn't what drew me to this story primarily. I just love a sexy political romance and that was a really great one. 👍🏻😊
Andrea
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Senator's Secret is everything I expect from Jennifer Rebecca. Off the charts chemistry between Grace and Jake is just the beginning. Banter, sexual tension, and soul deep feelings beyond the backdrop of politics makes this a romance that packs a punch. ...more
Thi
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing! So much intrigue, I just couldn’t put it down. I loved the chemistry between Grace and Jake. This book is a great start to the series and I am looking forward to the next book.
Vanessa Fischer
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The hot senator is running for President and is also a former SEAL. He needs a wife and knows exactly who he wants, but she has always ignored him, so he sets out to do something about it. She is being blackmailed even though she has always excelled at keeping a squeaky clean image as a lawyer with hardly any dating without a NDA signed by the guy. The only person she believes she can trust is the one person she has ignored every since he left the SEALs, but she is desperate. The chemistry is re ...more
Kim Whitehead
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg!! I really enjoyed this book! Fake, blackmail, lies and love made for an exciting story! Jennifer sucked me in with humor and a budding relationship that ended with passion! Remarkable read!!
Kathy Mccalmon
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book in this stand alone Series. When grace starts getting blackmailed she has to turn to the one person she has been avoiding. Can he help her?

Kristi
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blackmail, lies, love, some humor and so much more! You'll be pulled in to the story line and find it hard to put down once you start reading. A great romantic suspense you'll be glad you added to your reading list. Definitely recommend!

Sheila Moss
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Im stuck in hospital at the moment and have felt too bad to even read but forced myself to start this to try and pass some time. . It got me hooked straight away and I loved it. Definitely a must read.

Elvira
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had a great time with this storyline it is well written and flow smoothly. The characters are well developed and kept me entertained.

Bourbon, Books and Brenda
Holy hot politics Batman!!!

This book gave me everything I was hoping for and more!
******
Overall Rating: 5 hot former Navy SEAL stars!
Standalone: Yes
Cliffhanger: No
******
In true Jennifer Rebecca fashion, this book was the right mix of snark, humor, angst, and romance. Though I will be honest it’s the snark and humor that keeps me coming back!

Grace is an headstrong, focused, lawyer that is concerned about her image. Jake is a dimpled, former Navy SEAL turned Senator, that is known to be a bit o
Sandra
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grace & Jake have been circling each other for years. She's a legal fixer & he's a former SEAL cum senator & Presidential hopeful.
Blackmail causes her to contact him& he proposes a marriage of convenience or is it? I thought the threats were a bit sus but you will need to read it to find out her betrayal. (Well in the end I guessed.)
This couple was smoking & you can feel their connection. Phew! Something that I like & keeps you invested in the story. Grace had a hard time coming to terms with hi
Romance  Recs
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Amazing read! First off, this is very well written! Like really well written. I’m so impressed. I’ve never heard of this author before. I was initially going to read the second book in this series first Caught by the chief of Staff. Something told me that would be good. I had a gut feeling I should download it and it did not disappoint.

We follow Grace in a 1st and only person POV throughout her journey as a lawyer in NYC. She and the Senator, Jake have known each other for years ever since
Yoneidis
I really enjoyed this story. It’s romantic and frankly very funny.
Grace is a successful lawyer with an unblemished reputation and Jake is a former SEAL, now Senator running for POTUS.
A compromised situation captured in a photo and a blackmail note, makes Grace ask Jake for help to safeguard her reputation.
He comes up with the brilliant idea of getting married, so Grace accepts the false engagement and goes to live with him.
But Grace’s incredible attraction to Jake and his abilities and charm, m
Sherlock Hughes
This was my second book by the author it was diffidently a wild ride involving politics, blackmail, fake relationships and so much more. I really enjoyed the story itself and I found myself rooting for the characters, even when I didn't like them I still loved them deep down.

Grace has worked hard to have a squeaky clean image so she can be the kind of lawyer who's character is called into question. Jacob "Jake" Chancellor is a popular New York Senator that hopes to be the next US President but h
Carol
Mar 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, awful-heroine
DNF @ 24%

First time reading this author and definitely will be my last. Fantastic plot, would've loved it had maybe another author wrote it. I was not a fan of the first person POV from the h Grace only. Her nattering monologues were headache worthy the more I read. At this point I have no idea how old she is, though I would assume early thirties at the most but her personality and inner thoughts portray her as a stammering teenager with a hate-crush on the H Jake aka "The Sexy Senator" just tac
Nicole
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 ⭐s

The Senator's Secret is a fitting read for this nation's election season. This story has a bit of everything that encompasses the best and worst that can occur when love and politics collide. There is intrigue, subterfuge, heartache,and tears enough to keep the story interesting. All of that is nicely balanced with humor, compassion, sweet romance, and smiles. Combine all of this with an intense chemistry between two of the most attractive people in the Nation's Capitol and one has everyth
Samantha
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was really good. When I read the synopsis I wasn't sure that I would like it but as I started reading it I started to understand more of the story. I liked the relationship between Jake and Grace seeing that relationship develop was really interesting. One of my favorite parts of the book is when she admits that she loves Jake and Carter says that she has found her penguin I loved that it is by far one of the best things that a secondary character has said I think. I also lik ...more
CLEO
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars
⭐️⭐️⭐️🌟/4
This was my first book by Jennifer.

The story of Grace and Jake is intriguing a bit of an enemy to lovers. The chemistry between the two is on 🔥🔥!

I’m not a big fan of only single POV. I needed a lot more of Jake and what he was thinking, they’re so many situations where you needed to hear his voice and learn what was going through his mind.

The story is intriguing and the twist and turns are the perfect take.
Tania
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, the story was well written and the characters were intriguing. Once I started I could not get enough, from the start till the end I was engrossed I was even on the edge of my seat with twists and turns, lust and passion, strength. Do yourself a favor and buy the book you want be disappointed.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

• Dibs
  • Game Changer (Change of Hearts, #1)
  • Of Boys and Men (Ridge Rogues, #1)
  • For the Sake of a Scottish Rake (Besotted Scots, #3)
  • Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1)
  • The House Isador Boxed Set (Their Vampire Queen #1-6)
  • Her Cyborg Warriors (Interstellar Brides® Program: The Colony Book 8)
  • The Cannon (Swift, #3)
  • The Beginning (Noir Reformatory, #1)
  • The Closer (Swift #2)
  • Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2)
  • Bass-Ackwards
  • Lumberjack Werebear (Saw Bears, #1)
  • Barbarian Lover (Ice Planet Barbarians, #3)
  • Chasing The BallGirl (FanGirl Series2)
  • A Twisted Love Story
  • Mate Date
  • Barbarian Mine (Ice Planet Barbarians, #4)
Jennifer is a thirty something lover of words, all words: the written, the spoken, the sung (even poorly), the sweet, the funny, and even the four letter variety. She is a native of San Diego, California where she grew up reading the Brownings and Rebecca with her mother and Clifford and the Dog who Glowed in the Dark with her dad, much to her mother's dismay.

Jennifer is a graduate of California