Start by marking “The Cracking of Monday Egg (Egg World Allegory, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Cracking of Monday Egg (Egg World Allegory, #1)

The Cracking of Monday Egg

(Egg World Allegory #1)

The Maker created Monday Egg for a very important reason. Monday just doesn’t understand it yet. Being an egg with arms and legs has its advantages. Monday can run like the wind and climb trees easily, but he is an egg. What happens when he cracks?

The Cracking of Monday Egg is the story of a cranky crow, a sick little girl, a kind squirrel and Monday’s struggle to deal wit
Published October 31st 2019 by Emerald House Group, Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Cracking of Monday Egg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cracking of Monday Egg

Start your review of The Cracking of Monday Egg (Egg World Allegory, #1)
Sydney
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, arc-copy
The Cracking of Monday Egg is a cute and fun story about an Egg Man who must learn how to deal with the “cracking” of his fragile shell and how after it is healed it is stronger. It is also about discovering friendship, evil, kindness, and sacrifice. This book on the surface is a delightful children’s story, but the author does a fantastic job of also digging deeper and connecting the story to love and healing of the creator. There are simple lessons taught within the story that children and adu ...more
June Jacobs
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is one of the most unique middle-grade books I have read in the past couple of years!

The author's approach to Christian fiction for middle-graders is to write in allegories. At the end of the version of the book I read, there was a section entitled, 'Introduction', wherein the author describes what an allegory is, what the purpose of this story is, and encouraging the readers to read the story "once as a story, and once as an allegory."

There is a set of ten study guides for themes identifie
Lori
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is geared towards the middle grade readers and really anyone can enjoy it.
I had to love the egg and I will never look at an egg the same way again. Everytime I hold an egg I will think of Monday.
Just when he thought he was safe life would throw him another curve. It's the way life is.
It was never meant to be easy.
This little egg taught me much and gave me a gentle reminder for the One who loves all of us even Monday.
I must say, I've never read anything quite like this book but it was d
Suzie Waltner
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you’re looking for a book you can share with your middle grade reader(s), The Cracking of Monday Egg is one to consider. And if you're heading out on a holiday (or any) road trip, this one’s available in audiobook format too.

On the surface, it appears to be a book about an egg who must learn to deal with living life with a fragile shell. Yet, B.T. Higgins manages to delve into deeper meanings throughout the book that made me stop and dig deeper.

Through his journey, Monday Egg discovers friend
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
The Cracking of Monday Egg by B.T. Higgins, An Egg World Allegory, is a cute little story about an egg with arms, legs, eyes and a mind. Monday is rather proud of his unblemished shell, and when it gets its first crack Monday is very upset. When it is repaired by Someone yet unknown to him, he is not pleased because now his shell has a scar and his shell is somewhat more fragile.

As Monday explores the world about him, he meets new friends such as Squirrel, but Monday still isn’t happy because h
Connie Carpenter
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a story for all ages. While this story is geared toward the younger/middle grade audience, I enjoyed it to. The main focus was on "Monday" how he makes friends and starts to take an interest in girls. (which is where I am at with my 8 year old....) On Monday's journey, he learns many life lessons. He learns about Cruelty, sacrifice, how to deal with pain and so much more. This was a good conversation prompter for my 8 and 6 year old boys. This is beautifully written, beautifully illustr ...more
Yvette
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
The Cracking of Monday Egg is an allegorical novel for young readers. Following Monday Egg from his first conscious moment, the reader joins him on a journey to learn what it means to be an Egg Man, in constant danger of cracking and losing his yolk. As Monday Egg encounters a young girl, Crow, Squirrel, and listens to the voice of the “The Maker,” while continuing to question, learn, and grow.

Never heavy handed, this tale is one that at times had me hoping for some of the changes Monday Egg goe
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
What I Loved:
I loved that this was a story within a story, an allegory. I loved the references to things like the “second making.” It’s a book that you can read on the surface and enjoy, but you can also dig deeper into the words and get a more profound meaning.

How I Felt:
The Cracking of Monday Egg is such a deep story when you really start thinking about it. I feel that, while this was targeted for young children, it’s perfect for a young adult to adult reader. The story could definitely be rea
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

I chose this book to read and review because the adorable cover and the title just sounded like so much fun. In fact, I didn't figure the title out until I started reading the story, since I usually don't read reviews! And it sure was! The Cracking of Monday Egg is different than anything Ive read it a long time and I enjoyed it very much!

You just have to fall in love with Monday and the rest of the characters. And what a neat idea telling this story through the eyes of
Jane
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
The Cracking of Monday Egg is an allegory with a variety of themes. B. T. Higgins chose an interesting way to teach children about our Maker. I had a bit of a hard time understanding where the author was going with the story, making me wonder if children will have the same issue. Higgins includes information about each of his 10 themes - a “Think about it” section, scripture passage, and discussion questions. I think the best use for this book is probably a parent or grandparent reading to their ...more
Rinda Beach
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved 95% of this book. The story hooked me right away. So did the main character Monday Egg! I wondered if this would be a variation on Humpty Dumpty, but it was even better. Monday Egg is a story featuring talking eggs, cracked shells, magical yolks, a sick girl, and a villainous crow. I had to follow Monday and his story. I read 25 chapters in one day because I wanted to know how he survived each challenge. He did! He even thrived! I didn’t realize till I got ready to write this review that ...more
Tonja Drecker
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
While this tale first appears to surround the adventure of a fragile egg, who is afraid to crack, it soon becomes clear that it's about so much more than that.

I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical to read a middle grade novel with an egg as the main character, but this is an egg worth reading about. The egg's fears mold into messages, which run much deeper than that, as he discovers friends, faces new troubles, and even learns that his creator might be kinder than first thought. The egg might discov
Robin E. Mason
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Higgins brings an egg to life in this clever, delightful allegorical story. The slow realization of Monday awakening to his consciousness, meeting and making friends with the squirrel, his consideration for the girl, but mostly the understanding of the Maker’s presence and purpose.
We follow Monday’s journey through delightful and vivid adventures, immersing the reader fully in the story.
Deep and profound Truths hidden in the fabric of this tale, Monday Egg discovery of his true self and purp
Candy Smith
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I chose to read this book because I thought it would be great read to read to my granddaughter. While it is a cute story on the surface about the life and struggles of an egg,it dives deeper with allegories of trails we face in our every day life and how "the Creater" is there with us through it all and there to heal our hurts,inside and out.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and Just Read Tours and am not required to write a positive review.
Mary
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is well suited for children over the age of eight. Younger children might be concerned about the vivid description of the crow sucking out the yolk, the life, of Monday Egg, but older children would more enjoy discovering the world of Monday egg as he makes friends and enemies and explores the world he lives in. They will need help unpacking the messages of healing brokenness and sharing one's abilities, and the discussion guide is a valuable tool for this.
As far as the allegorical el
Mary Toth
marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2020

• More Than Enough
  • Above the Fold
  • The Forever Sky (Montana Gold, #4)
  • Star Rising (Coastal Hearts #4)
  • Meant for Her
  • Hometown Healing
  • Hannah's Courage (Amish Charm Bakery #3)
  • The Road to Happenstance
  • One Woman Falling (Whispers of Grace, #1)
  • A Beautiful Mess
  • Seneca Lake
  • Finding Peace in Wishing Bridge
  • Waltz in the Wilderness (Chaparral Hearts #1)
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor, #1)
  • Where You Lead
  • Cold Case Connection
  • A Bride for Isaac (The Proxy Brides #34)
  • The House at the End of the Moor