Start by marking “You Are MIne” as Want to Read:
You Are MIne

You Are MIne

Rupert has spent years searching for his perfect wife. Now he’s found her.

Her name is Charlotte Aldridge and she’s wonderful. A talented artist, modest and beautiful, she’s everything he ever dreamed of. Her hair, her eyes, her mouth - every little detail is perfect.

Rupert is confident that when they meet, she’ll fall in love with him just as he has with her. After all,
Expected publication: December 1st 2020 by Inkubator Books

To ask other readers questions about You Are MIne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are MIne

Start your review of You Are MIne
Dash fan
5 One Word.... Unputdownable!

Wow oh wow! You Are Mine is a fantastic Psychological Thriller.
It's gritty, dark, thrilling and perfectly twisty.
It took just 1 day to get through It was Unputdownable!

Not sure how I'm going to write my review without giving anything away so I'll just briefly whizz over the gripping plot.

Charlotte is a fantastic artist and after a tragic heartbreak she has finally found her passion again.

When Rupert comes into her exhibition and buys three of her paintings,
Linda Strong
4.5 STARS

Charlotte is still grieving the death of her fiancee. Rupert is looking for the perfect wife ...and Charlotte is his choice.

Rupert is wealthy, good looking and lures her into his web by offering her a job. She's an artist and he wants her to paint his portrait for the great estate that is his. Charlotte has reservations, but the money os good and she needs to get her life in gear again.

Rupert has himself convinced that he is in love with Charlotte ... after all, he's been following her
Shalini
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the most scariest books I have ever read on a man's obsession for a woman.

Rupert saw Charlotte. Rupert wanted Charlotte. At any cost.

My third book by author Miranda Rijks, I gave to say this author is pretty scary in the way her mind could think up the dark scenes and write them. The book extremely easy to read, I could finish it in a couple of hours. The horror in the scenes kept rising as I turned the pages and I couldn't yet stop reading. I blame the author for putting me in a
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Wow this is one twisted read and is the stuff that nightmares are made of! From the creepy cover (which is perfect by the way!) to the title, to what the story is about, this book ticked all the boxes for me in what I love in a story in this genre and I couldn’t wait to get stuck into it. When I did, there was no stopping me and I devoured it in one sitting! Miranda had me hooked straight away. I was glued to the pages and on multiple occasions was holding my breath, biting my nails and breaking ...more
Natasha
Helen Leecy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read a Miranda Rijks book for a few months, and I’d forgotten what an amazing writer she is. I’d been reading some just ok books recently and really needed this refreshing and gripping Psychological Thriller.
It reminded me a little of ‘Gates of Paradise’ by V.C. Andrews whereby a girl is kept captive in a stately home, and there is incest involved. It only reminded me of this book (one of my favourites), but ‘You Are Mine’ had its own completely unique and enthralling story.
We meet
Cynthia Rodrigues
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Read Full & Detailed review: https://cynthology.blogspot.com/2019/...

All the chapters are in the first person present tense point of view of the character, except for the first chapter which is a prologue of sorts, and is in third person. This prologue shows us the cruel and slow poisoning to death of an unnamed woman by an unnamed man.
Alternate chapters are from the point of view of Charlotte, Rupert and a young French girl, Simone Durand who, in June 1994, was hired to be a resident French
Aanandika
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You Are Mine by Miranda Rijks is a spell binding thriller which I managed to read in a span of two days. I doubt if it would have taken me even that much time, had I not been a mother of two and a little unwell.

This is a story about obsessive love. Rupert, rather Sir Rupert has spent a long time, looking for a perfect woman to marry and eventually manages to find one. Now all that remains is to make her see how alike they are and make her realise that she has to love him completely with her
MarylineD
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is far from the first time I read this brilliant author. I think this was my 5th book and it won't be the last!

Always well written and well developed storyline and plot with strong characters you love or hate or hate to love. In this book I did kind of love the bad guy, Rupert, I found him touching yet crazy.

This was dark and creepy and I loved it. Talk about obsessive love!

What I really liked :
I'm always into Miranda's stories right away, I'm hooked from page one and don't want to put
Julie Morris
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Miranda Rijks and I still haven’t decided whether I will be reading another or not yet because this one completely creeped me out and I’m still trying to wrap my head around the mind which managed to produce something so disturbing.

This book revolves around Rupert, a wealthy aristocrat who is on the look out for the perfect wife to complete his otherwise perfect life. He is convinced he has found her in the shape of artist, Charlotte, and he is sure she will fall in love
Neelam Babul
I liked the suspense in the story but it is not the best that I have read. It was an okay read for me.

Charlotte is still grieving the death of her fiancee. Rupert is looking for the perfect wife and Charlotte is his choice. Being a wealthy and good looking man, Rupert lures Charlotte into his web by offering her a job. Charlotte is an artist and he wants her to paint his portrait for the great estate that is his. Charlotte has reservations, but the money is good and she needs the money to pay
Anne Carty
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You are mine was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I hadn’t planned on reading this book but Emma needed some extra people to read and review this book so I raised my hand and boy am I glad. This book was so creepy!

We follow four perspectives Charlotte, Rupert, Simone and Jodi across a dual timeline. Rupert is the main focus within this story as we follow him both as a teenager through Simone’s perspective and Rupert in present day.

You are mine
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Kasey ♥
**Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.**

I went into reading "You Are Mine" expecting a stereotypical thriller where a naive woman falls in love with a guy that puts her in a situation that is "too good to be true." I certainly was not disappointed that Miranda Rijks delivers exactly that concept; however, the execution is poor.

Charlotte, or Charlie, is just flat out dumb. Rupert is a literary exaggeration of a posh Brit. The whole
J_Mc 251
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What starts as a simple business transaction (wealthy heir commissions up-and-coming painter (Charlotte) to complete his portrait) quickly turns into something more sinister. Aside from being atmospheric and tightly written, this book also has the distinction of featuring one of the creepiest characters I have ever “met.” The author does a fantastic job of building the tension while allowing the reader to experience Charlotte’s growing unease right along with her. When everything comes to light, ...more
Tracy Fenton
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When this book popped up on a Facebook group looking for bloggers to take part, I took me about 10 seconds to reply – “ME PLEASE, PICK ME!” and the lovely Emma Welton of Damppebblesblogtours responded immediately with a date and a copy of the book, which I downloaded and started straight away.

Firstly I need to confess that I absolutely LOVE psychopaths and the more twisted and delusional the better and Sir Rupert St John Baskerville Bt., JP of Sesame Hall, West Sussex is one absolutely bat-sh*t
Lauren Fernandez
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
3.5 this book was a quick read. I felt like it was your typical phycologically thriller. all the twists and turns we're very easy to figure out. Rupert's mental issues, obsessions, and his past kept me reading. I loved how Charlotte kept fighting, but what I find the most amusing is that she had a bad feeling about Rupert from the beginning; however, money made her overlook her it all. Nothing grand stood out about this book that sets it apart from other thrillers.
I received this free from
Lisa Jeffers
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the book is set in Manchester and the surrounding areas which is close to where I live. It was nice to read about places I have often visited.
The characters are not necessarily “likeable” but I found myself connecting to them especially Rupert which was a surprise! He’s very posh and kind Of haughty obviously not the nicest character but I enjoyed his “sections” of the story.
I liked how we see a few perspectives and I really enjoyed seeing the story unfold.
Kristen
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Downright creepy story that sent shivers down my spine as I read it. The obsession by one is a chilling idea which this author takes to a whole other level with the depth of background into how these obsessions could happen. The main characters are well written and draw you into the story and keep you there.
Melanie Jo
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like any good book by Miranda, I was not disappointed. I enjoyed this book a lot. It kept me up all night just so I could finish. The writing was great and the suspense was like being on a thrill ride. I loved this book and can't wait for the next one by Miranda.

Thank you Netgalley, the author and publisher for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Shannon
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is what I like to read. Domestic thriller, andPsychological thrillers! Miranda Rijks nailed this and I will definitely be reading more by her. I could not put this down! She described the characters so perfectly I felt like I was there! ( glad I wasn’t) . Indeed this being a movie. I could get this 10 stars I would ...more
Michele
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a very creepy book! The main character Rupert is very psychotic and delusional Charlotte is a little too trusting. Who goes and stays at someone’s house that they don't know!? Some of it seemed ridiculous. It was a quick and easy read but I thought it was too drawn out and the ending rushed. Thank you netgalley for letting me give an honest review of this book.
Janice Lombardo
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Commissioned for a portrait painting (for 20,000 pounds), Charlotte drives 6 hours to Sir Rupert's mansion.
Rupert has been in love with Charlotte for a year and a half. Charlotte has no designs whatsoever on Rupert or his money. However, Rupert can be quite persistent.....

Fast-paced suspense story with some very entertaining characters.

A good read!

Many Thanks to Inkubator Books and NetGalley for a very good read.
Sarah Busch
It was meant to be a thriller, I think. I didn’t find a lot of suspense in the plot line. I liked Charlotte and her sister Jodi but that was all. I feel the book could have been improved by adding a mystery or twist, including secondary characters, and not having such a high body count.
Veronic
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this was terrifying.
Unrequited love and obsession. How far would you go to make the person you love, love you back?
Captivating plot, very well written.. looking forward to reading more from this author!
Lady Delacour
Cleanishhhhhhhhhhh.
Foul Language.
Shkolnikjx
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent novel! The writer has a beautiful and seamlessly flowing narrating style and I literally could jot put the book down.
Michelle Debnam
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read this book and thoroughly enjoyed it i did however feel spooked out, the main character is truly psychopathic and i felt as though he had got under my skin !!!!
Traceysyearinbooks
What an amazing psychological thriller. This book is a complete page turner. I just couldn’t put it down and kept wanting to know what was going to happen next.

This book has many twists and turns and the plot is amazing. It is written very well. The authors writing style brings suspense to the forefront on many occasions. While reading this book, I felt scared at times and had goosebumps at what was happening.

If you are a fan of psychological thrillers, this is a must read. This is one of the
valerie gosling
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good

Nice evenly paced book what families get up to makes one shudder increasing is my guess fab read and he got his comeuppance
Ching Tang
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping read

Read it in one night,like the different points of view.Interesting story with loads of layer.Would recommend that you read this book.

• Single
  • The Other Daughter
  • The Lies We Hide
  • Close to You
  • The Secrets He Kept: A suspenseful, gripping psychological thriller with a nail-biting ending
  • Her Mother's Lies
  • The Other Wife
  • My Mother's Silence
  • The Mother I Could Have Been
  • Like, Follow, Kill
  • The Silent Victim (Jessie Tucker Mystery, #1)
  • Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)
  • The Snow Killer (DI Barton, #1)
  • Woman on the Edge
  • Nothing Important Happened Today
  • I Dare You
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward #5)