Start by marking “You Are Mine” as Want to Read:
You Are Mine

You Are Mine

Rupert has spent years searching for his perfect wife. Now he’s found her.

Her name is Charlotte Aldridge and she’s wonderful. A talented artist, modest and beautiful, she’s everything he ever dreamed of. Her hair, her eyes, her mouth - every little detail is perfect.

Rupert is confident that when they meet, she’ll fall in love with him just as he has with her. After all, h
Published December 1st 2019 by Inkubator Books

To ask other readers questions about You Are Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Mine

Start your review of You Are Mine
Michelle
Jan 03, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For a thriller this was an awfully silly book. I love obsession/stalker tales (Thanks to you, Ms. Kepnes!) but this one was woefully lacking in the entertainment department.

If you can overlook the fat shaming and a posh British psychopath that converses with his penis named Percy then you may enjoy this more than I did. 1 star!

Thank you to NetGalley and Inkubator Books for providing me a digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Dash fan
5☆ One Word.... Unputdownable!

Wow oh wow! You Are Mine is a fantastic Psychological Thriller.
It's gritty, dark, thrilling and perfectly twisty.
It took just 1 day to get through It was Unputdownable!

Not sure how I'm going to write my review without giving anything away so I'll just briefly whizz over the gripping plot.

Charlotte is a fantastic artist and after a tragic heartbreak she has finally found her passion again.

When Rupert comes into her exhibition and buys three of her paintings, offeri
Linda Strong
4.5 STARS

Charlotte is still grieving the death of her fiancee. Rupert is looking for the perfect wife ...and Charlotte is his choice.

Rupert is wealthy, good looking and lures her into his web by offering her a job. She's an artist and he wants her to paint his portrait for the great estate that is his. Charlotte has reservations, but the money os good and she needs to get her life in gear again.

Rupert has himself convinced that he is in love with Charlotte ... after all, he's been following her
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gripping, twisted and tense!

I whizzed through this fantastic novel. The plot intrigued me all the way and it was pure reading enjoyment.

What if your life changed and you had no control over it? Sinister plans and dark delusions swallowing your sanity?

Oh how there are characters to live and despise. Rupert, holy macaroni, what a hideous character you want to run from yet are fascinated by his complexities. He is one that will stay with me. Very well developed and placed in the plot.

If you love a
Shalini
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the most scariest books I have ever read on a man's obsession for a woman.

Rupert saw Charlotte. Rupert wanted Charlotte. At any cost.

My third book by author Miranda Rijks, I gave to say this author is pretty scary in the way her mind could think up the dark scenes and write them. The book extremely easy to read, I could finish it in a couple of hours. The horror in the scenes kept rising as I turned the pages and I couldn't yet stop reading. I blame the author for putting me in a
Jazz Webb
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was ok
So I really wanted to love "You Are Mine" as I really enjoyed the first two novels I read by Miranda Rijks. But I have to say I didn’t love this novel.
The plot centres around Rupert and Charlotte. Charlotte is an artist and Rupert appears to have some sort of infatuation. So, when he asks Charlotte to do a traditional portrait of him she finds herself agreeing and then going to stay with him to do it. Although Rupert is clearly wealthy and a respected member of his community, charlotte starts t
Gary
Dec 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Another fast paced Miranda Rijks novel and tbh probably the weakest of the one’s I have read yet still an entertaining read.

Talented artist Charlotte Aldridge’s life is starting pick up again and while trying to sell some of her paintings meets Rupert, a wealthy handsome British aristocrat who is eager to find the love of his life. Rupert is taken by Charlottes paintings and not only buys three of them but wants her to paint his portrait.

Rupert is very persuasive and thinks it is only a matter o
Ruth Parker
This book was a bit silly. For a thriller, not much thrilling actually happened. It started off alright but it just dragged. It was ridiculous at times. It just seemed insane and I wasn’t too bothered about finishing it. Meh.
Tracy Fenton
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When this book popped up on a Facebook group looking for bloggers to take part, I took me about 10 seconds to reply – “ME PLEASE, PICK ME!” and the lovely Emma Welton of Damppebblesblogtours responded immediately with a date and a copy of the book, which I downloaded and started straight away.

Firstly I need to confess that I absolutely LOVE psychopaths and the more twisted and delusional the better and Sir Rupert St John Baskerville Bt., JP of Sesame Hall, West Sussex is one absolutely bat-sh*t
Joann
I don't get the hype about this book. It seemed like a lot of others I've read over the years. You have a crazed man living in a mansion who falls in love with a woman who reminds him of his first love. A lot of cloak and dagger type stuff and to me a little on the boring side. I think there are too many "writers" that are getting on the bandwagon and are just putting out mediocre novels. Most of them are sooooooooooo far removed from spine-tingling, heart stopping and absolutely addicting.!! ...more
Julie
Feb 25, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What did I just read!? And what is with my dedication to finishing even the worst of books!? It was quick but painful..... Not much thriller, pretty predictable and even Charlotte wasn't the most likable character. A lot of good reviews of this author, maybe I'll give her another chance when I recover from the atrocity that was this book. ...more
marnie | once upon a time book reviews
Wow this is one twisted read and is the stuff that nightmares are made of! From the creepy cover (which is perfect by the way!) to the title, to what the story is about, this book ticked all the boxes for me in what I love in a story in this genre and I couldn’t wait to get stuck into it. When I did, there was no stopping me and I devoured it in one sitting! Miranda had me hooked straight away. I was glued to the pages and on multiple occasions was holding my breath, biting my nails and breaking ...more
Wendy Del Toro
Jan 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
This story has been done before, a zillion times; so when tackling it again, the author needs to up the ante and bring something new and original to the plot. This was a huge fail. The writing is amateurish and the Rupert character was a one dimensional caricature of a person, with the most ridiculous dialogue ever. The big plot surprises/reveals were super super obvious from early on that only a brain dead reader couldn't figure them out- quite an insult to the reader. total dreck. ...more
Kay Oliver
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Up all night is absolutely right

I couldn't put this down. Well, except for the moments I did and stared around the room with an emotional expression--anger, shock, disgust. I suggest reading with a partner so you have someone to gush about all the crazy twists and turns of Sir Rupert. I look forward to reading more from Rijks.
Hayley
Feb 21, 2021 rated it did not like it
This is the worst book I've read in a while. Very predictable and far-fetched. I was about 42% in when I realised how it was going to end. Very disappointing and boring. ...more
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

You Are Mine was creepy psychological thriller that had creepiest villain I ever read. It was about loveless and emotionless upbringing and its psychological effect, how it shapes a person, mindset of psychopath and mainly about limerence- extreme love obsession.

Writing was fantastic, gripping and fast paced. Setting of old mansion in Sussex with its vast property, hall of pictures, ball room and punishment room made the book even mo
Cynthia Rodrigues
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Read Full & Detailed review: https://cynthology.blogspot.com/2019/...

All the chapters are in the first person present tense point of view of the character, except for the first chapter which is a prologue of sorts, and is in third person. This prologue shows us the cruel and slow poisoning to death of an unnamed woman by an unnamed man.
Alternate chapters are from the point of view of Charlotte, Rupert and a young French girl, Simone Durand who, in June 1994, was hired to be a resident French tea
Aanandika
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You Are Mine by Miranda Rijks is a spell binding thriller which I managed to read in a span of two days. I doubt if it would have taken me even that much time, had I not been a mother of two and a little unwell.

This is a story about obsessive love. Rupert, rather Sir Rupert has spent a long time, looking for a perfect woman to marry and eventually manages to find one. Now all that remains is to make her see how alike they are and make her realise that she has to love him completely with her hear
Natasha
Sarah Hall
May 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Think Beauty and the Beast written by Stephen King!

Another well written story by the amazing Miranda Rijks, she has yet to write anything that dissapoints me.

Real page turner, plot twists a plenty, creative storyline, relatable characters (except Rupert!) Breathtaking surprises that disturb and intrigue you without being too far fetched; she always seems to know where the line is! All these points making you unable to but the book down.
Amy
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap. The antagonist is soooooo creepy and delusional. Kept me on the edge of my seat. The ending was a bit flat, but the rest makes up for it.
Sunshine
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
It was different
Helen Leecy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read a Miranda Rijks book for a few months, and I’d forgotten what an amazing writer she is. I’d been reading some just ok books recently and really needed this refreshing and gripping Psychological Thriller.
It reminded me a little of ‘Gates of Paradise’ by V.C. Andrews whereby a girl is kept captive in a stately home, and there is incest involved. It only reminded me of this book (one of my favourites), but ‘You Are Mine’ had its own completely unique and enthralling story.
We meet Ch
Sarah Busch
It was meant to be a thriller, I think. I didn’t find a lot of suspense in the plot line. I liked Charlotte and her sister Jodi but that was all. I feel the book could have been improved by adding a mystery or twist, including secondary characters, and not having such a high body count.
Janice Lombardo
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Commissioned for a portrait painting (for 20,000 pounds), Charlotte drives 6 hours to Sir Rupert's mansion.
Rupert has been in love with Charlotte for a year and a half. Charlotte has no designs whatsoever on Rupert or his money. However, Rupert can be quite persistent.....

Fast-paced suspense story with some very entertaining characters.

A good read!

Many Thanks to Inkubator Books and NetGalley for a very good read.
Tracy Gavin
Feb 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Charlotte is at a low point. Her fiance is dead and her bills are way overdue. The only bright light is her first art gallery showing. That night Sir Rupert garners her attention by purchasing a number of her works and asks to commission her to paint his portrait for more money than she can imagine. He wants her to come to his estate for two weeks to work on the painting, and while Charlotte has some misgivings, she desperately needs the money. She hasn't painted since her fiance dies but is det ...more
Kasey
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
**Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.**

I went into reading "You Are Mine" expecting a stereotypical thriller where a naive woman falls in love with a guy that puts her in a situation that is "too good to be true." I certainly was not disappointed that Miranda Rijks delivers exactly that concept; however, the execution is poor.

Charlotte, or Charlie, is just flat out dumb. Rupert is a literary exaggeration of a posh Brit. The whole sit
Carrie Shields
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author needs to be on your radar RIGHT NOW if you love thrillers! This was my second read by her, and I was just a few pages into this one before I ordered two more titles!

Told in alternating points of view, Charlotte is a struggling artist who has just lost the love of her life. Drowning in debt and grief, she meets charismatic Rupert at an art show showcasing her work. Hoping to sell enough pieces to become current on her rent, she is stunned when Rupert offers her a substantial sum to st
Helen McCormick
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! Great, original storyline and well written

I really enjoyed this book. It had me hooked, I really liked the main character and all of the other characters. It was well written and flowed nicely. I look forward to reading her other books now.

• The Rivals