Start by marking “A Shattered New Start” as Want to Read:
A Shattered New Start

A Shattered New Start

Jonathan Winters doesn't know it yet, but he is about to have an unimaginable school year. Not only is it his first day in an unfamiliar school, but he encounters Ryan, Rabbit Hill Academy's notorious bully. His life is never the same after that.

Ryan Bellows doesn't know it yet either, but he also is about to have an unimaginable school year. Ryan bullies to gain
Published October 22nd 2019 by FriesenPress

To ask other readers questions about A Shattered New Start, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shattered New Start

Start your review of A Shattered New Start
Chantal
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Riveting, emotional and powerful are all words that I would use to describe this book. The author was able to touch on the reality of bullying while providing compassion with perspective and understanding. I would thoroughly recommend that this book be used within the school systems along with in a tutor and/or support setting. Bullying is a serious problem within the schools and should be implemented within the curriculum. I will definitely incorporate this book into my client sessions to teach ...more
Ann Lockwood
I really enjoyed this book! The concept was important, and beautifully revealed. The characters came to life, with just enough detail to make them real I have to admit I teared up in the hospital scene after the car accident. I particularly liked the portrayal of Gregory and his dad, where events showed that even the bullied can be bullies, even people tasked with 'blocking' bullying might miss things. The undercurrent of compassion throughout the book was a lovely thing, and I'm sure Kevin's ...more
Jo-Anne
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book surprisingly very good. The auth#or obviously knew the subject of bullying from a personal place. The story was intriguing and I did not want to put the book down. It made me laugh and cry which in my opinion is a successful and good book. I know it was written for young adults but this 51 year old enjoyed it very much. Worth a read!
Meghan Martin
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a teacher, this is one of my favourite books on the topic of bullying. It allows you to see it from the multiple perspectives and reminds you that people have much more going on in their lives than a person sees. I would highly recommend this book to my friends, family, and colleagues. It would make a great film!
Marisa Sommer
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good book! It had a great message! Loved the slogan at the end. I enjoyed how it had perspectives from many different people, so you never felt torn between characters. You felt a part of each of their story.
Emily
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a teacher, this book was an excellent read and is one I think could be used as a novel in schools to highlight the effects, causes of and possible solutions to bullying. It is a captivating story with strongly developed characters that really hits home. I would recommend it to anyone.
Carmen Stredwick
Dec 03, 2019
Vickie
marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2019

• Daisy Jones & The Six
  • Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
  • Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story of the World's Greatest Nuclear Disaster
  • Kon-Tiki