Start by marking “Breaking the Fall (Breaking #5)” as Want to Read:
Breaking the Fall (Breaking #5)

Breaking the Fall

(Breaking #5)

In the live music industry, Eddie Valenzuela’s seen enough bands to know what good really sounds like. During one wild night out, he collides headfirst with an up-and-coming singer who puts ‘good’ to shame. She’s got the voice, the look, and holy hell, the body too. But after a sizzling week together, the singer who seemed like Mrs. Right turns out to be Mrs. Not Quite Rig ...more
Published November 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Breaking the Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking the Fall

Start your review of Breaking the Fall (Breaking #5)
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Back to the original peeps for this book. Eddie is Amara's brother and due for his HEA. Loved Eddie, but Fiona sure did get on my nerves. She needed a therapist a whole lot sooner than she got one. The past did a number on her, but I didn't see it as being as bad as she did. Loved seeing all the old peeps again.
Coco.V
Feb 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Stephanie Panach
This book and I didn't get along. It was a real struggle for me to get to the end - mainly because I had a real, serious dislike for Fiona. I didn't mind her career focus, I had no issue with her sexuality or prior level of promiscuity (your body, your choice). I had real, serious issues with how she treated Eddie.

At the start of the book she and Eddie have a 54 hour-night-stand. Even though his friends warned him about Fiona, Eddie obviously got all the feels immediately for Fiona. Fiona, also
Laurie
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved Ember Leigh's "Breaking the Fall." Both of the main characters, Fiona and Eddie, were incredibly likeable and sympathetic, and it was easy to root for them both individually and as a couple. Eddie was a hard worker, a caring brother and friend, and very passionate about his career and music in general. It made total sense to me that he would fall in love with a musician like Fiona, who was so committed to her craft. As for Fiona, I really appreciated that she wasn't ashamed to show her t ...more
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
I feel like a broken record at this point in my reviews for Ember Leigh's books. Her books are gems. I've been saying it and I will keep saying it though because you really don't mess with success. Leigh can enchant me and pull me into stories like no one else can. The writing is high quality and the writing voice is one that speaks to me so much.

I loved Eddie and Fiona's story. I was itching for more of Eddie after reading Breaking the Rules. There is so much more to him under the surface. He
Jessica
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Both main characters are very likable. You really want them to both get their HEA. Both had multiple layers to their personalities that made the reading all that more enjoyable. There is hot insta chemistry between the two and rest is how they work out their struggles.

Shirley Cuypers
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, ebooks, arc-beta
Original review

This book was provided by the author through InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Ember Leigh and InkSlinger PR!

Breaking the Fall
is the fifth book in The Breaking Series and tells the story of Eddie and Fiona. Even though this is the fifth book in the series, it can be read as a standalone.

Breaking the Fall was yet another amazing book in The Breaking Series. So far, I’ve loved every book in the series, even every book I’ve read by Ember Leigh. She’s just s
Megan  Anne
2 Stars

This was my first book by this author and I probably should have read the other books prior to this one because I was a bit confused about some of the characters. I honestly liked the writing by this author so I'll probably go through and read other books... but this book fell short for me. I took a chance on this book not knowing anything about it, I didn't even read the blurb.

Fiona is a big-time singer that gets a contract with a pretty big record company, and is about to go on tour. B
patrick Lorelli
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Wow-what a story, this book had me from the start to the end. I liked both of the main characters, Eddie Valenzuela and Fiona Frank. Fiona an up and coming singer in the business is finally starting to make it and is getting ready for her first big tour when the two of them meet. Eddie who has been around the music industry and books bands for clubs he works for knows she is a star when he hears hear sing the night they meet. Instantly attracted to each other they leave and spend the weekend tog ...more
Terry
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Sin Girl Stars!

I’ve been waiting for Eddie’s story since the first book. I wanted to see how this over protective older brother would handle falling in love. And I wasn’t disappointed!

Fiona ghosts Eddie after their one-night stand and goes out on tour as the rock chick “Sin Girl”. Three months later when the tour is over, Fiona fears are realized ... she’s pregnant with Eddie’s baby. Eddie is ecstatic that Fiona is back in his life and he couldn’t be happier that she’s carrying his baby.
Floraljoy
It's a long journey from Sin Girl to Loyal Girl:
Fiona and Eddie have an instant attraction and connection but there is a problem. Fiona not only doesn't believe in relationships, but she is also contractually obligated to avoid them. She has portrayed herself as The Sin Girl but also personally has a lot of insecurities and is terrified of being rejected and hurt, so closes herself off. Thankfully Eddie is patient and persistent in his pursuit of Fiona.
There was a lot of angst and drama and for
Cariadne
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I guess I'm not sure what I expected from this story, but there were some impressive elements

1. Though this is part of a series, I didn't feel as if I was missing much by not being familiar with the other characters' stories in books #1-4. Plenty of times, books call themselves standalones, but the reader may feel as if they should've read the previous books to understand what's happening. It kind of ruins the reading experience when you jump midway into a book. I'm glad Ember Leigh figured out
Heidi Lengenfelder
Eddie works in the live music industry scouting talent. Fiona, aka the Sin Girl, has a goal to make it big playing music and her hard work is paying off. During one wild night out, Eddie collides with Fiona and he knows she's better than good. The two spend one sizzling week together and Eddie believes he's found Mrs. Right. Until she disappears leaving zero contact information behind. A surprise pregnancy brings her back to Eddie and he is ready to step up for her, but she's not sure what she w ...more
Kylee
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breaking the Fall is a story that at times will have your heart beating to the perfect melody and then have your soul drowning in the sorrowful tune of heartbreak. Eddie and Fiona are drawn to each other from the first moment as the chemistry between these two radiates and can be felt skin deep. However with outside pressure, old wounds and a surprise that they never expected can these two see their way to forever or will they fall short. Their story is mesmerizing, passionate, angsty and emotio ...more
Layne Morrill
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for a review.

Ember never disappoints! This book #5 of the breaking series is so sweet! It still involves the Holt hunks but includes the friends of the Holt hunks but 😁

Eddie is the tallndarkband handsome, dimpled guy that is still searching for his Forever girl, his own family.

Fiona is the new up and coming Sin Girl that the music industry adores. Shes got the bad girl look down pat and loves life. Shes got her best friends and that's all she needs... intol her
Kari Hansen
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the first time that Eddie saw Fiona it was a case of lust, or perhaps it was love, at first sight. He is employed in the same field and is first drawn to her musical talent, but he is even more drawn to her as a woman. The chemistry between them ignites and has him thinking of a future until her career takes her away.

Fiona has worked so hard for the success that she has earned and can’t be distracted by a man despite how he makes her feel. When life throws them a curve ball will she have to
Pelusa Rivera
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I am assuming this is the last book in this series.. We met Eddie in the first book he was Amara's brother and Amara's love interest Holt's best friend. He was also very protective of Amara and I liked him since then, because he came around..I have been waiting for his story and was surprised that All the other guys had gotten a story first but it is what it is, I think we got a nice ending to this crew, if it was the ending, I mean I am wondering what will happen with Amara and Holt desire to b ...more
J. Ockenhouse
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You ever just know when you see a book or read the blurb that you are in for something special? I experienced it this book.

Fiona and Eddie are likable characters. Feeling all their moments as though they were happening to me. That spark is the reason I love romance stories. It gave me chills.

I've read a few of Ember's stories and they are unputdownable. You'll have your heart handed to you in pieces and all these incredible characters help put it together again.

Such a great story. My review wo
Maria Reynoso
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of Ms. Leigh that I have read, and I cannot wait to read more! I absolutely fell in love with Fiona and Eddie. Fiona is an up and coming musician who's one night (weekend) stand with Eddie leaves her pregnant. While going on 2 international tours, Fiona will have to decide between her career and motherhood. The sassiness and no holds bar from Fiona as well as her vulnerabilities and insecurities made her relatable. Eddie's stubbornness and ethics made him irresistible. Fio ...more
Jen
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book five in the Breaking series. Fiona and Eddie are brought together by their love of music. That same love for music may also be what tears them apart. After a great week together, Fiona disappears but that week has changed her life forever. Will dreams be shattered or the beginnings of a HEA? A great story with characters that have face some challenges and make some.decisions that could effect their personal and.professional lives. Enjoy!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksp
lf
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
When the stick turns pink what do you choose

I first found this series with the third book, Breaking The Sinner, and loved it and since then I have also really liked Breaking The Habit. The author has carried on with this fifth book with Breaking The Fall. The author's writing and storytelling styles I really like as there are nuances to the characters and the way the story-line is developed. This is a great book and I would recommend the series to other readers.

I received a free ARC of this book
Cindy
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and the characters throughout this whole series. Although Fiona's character did fustrate me a little through the book i am really happy with how the book ended.This book is number 5 in the series and i honestly loved them all! This was my first time reading this author and i am a big fan of her now, i will most likely read all her other books. Her writing with the stories and characters was all something that i feel like not only me but other people can relate to on a ...more
Shaun
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The attraction and chemistry between Fiona and Eddie is instantaneous. This is my first book by Ember and I liked it. Fiona is trying to make it in the music world, but one complication can derail that from coming true. Eddie is already in the music business, but is also ready for the love that his friends and sister has. Good book for my intro to Ember Leigh.

Tania
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book it was great, the story was well written and the characters are interesting. Fiona is a female music artists. Eddie had seen enough artists, when he ran into Fiona. The chemistry between them is intense hot and steamy with emotions that makes you want more.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

Ashleigh
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emotional and fascinating!
This book is steamy and amazing and will push your boundaries and leave you breathless!

I loved everything about it - the characters, the plot, the emotion, the writing, and the ability that the author had to tell me a story - all of it had me wanting this book to go on and on.

The chemistry between the H and h is great plus their attitudes and events going on make the story even richer.

I received a copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
I absolutely fell head over heals for Eddie and Fiona! Their chemistry was palpable and their heat emanating off the pages! I loved how they were each other’s perfect half in every way! They competed one another in every way!

Fiona’s scars run deep and keep her running even when her heart tells her to stay! Eddie has never been more sure of anything in his life and he will do what he has too to show Fiona he’s not going to let her fall without catching her!
Karen Roma
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Breaking the Fall is possibly the final book in Ember Leigh’s Breaking series and readers finally get Eddie’s story. While I like the overall premise of this book, I did struggle a little with Fiona’s character. In fairness, she had many issues that needed professional intervention, but I also felt that Fiona made much more of some of these issues than was necessary. Overall, a decent story and a good wrap up with many of the original characters making an appearance.
Cheryl
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Page Turner

OMG I was so excited when I found out this book was about Eddie. He is such a honest and loyal guy. Him and Fiona set the pages on fire from day one. I’m glad they finally “Fixed the Sink” and got it together. Ember Leigh is such a great author and knows how to pull a reader in from Page 1. I recommend her books to everyone.
poppy
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I just knew I was going to love this book and it did not disappoint if you have read and enjoyed the rest of the series like I have then you will just love Eddie and Fiona's story these two are great characters and just so perfect for each other you cannot help but like and root for them. Their story had me hooked right from the start I would recommend this story. ...more
Vinessa
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well the life in the spotlight was what she wanted even going so far as to put her personal feelings and the man she could not forget on the chopping table.
But how far will she take it when a career ending unexpected twist shakes up her perfect life plan.

• A Second Chance
  • Stay With Me (Mallory Family: Love in New York, #2)
  • Shameless With Him (Less Than, #3)
  • The Tycoon’s Fake Fiancée (European Tycoon #2)
  • Merciless (Wild Irish, #4)
  • Coast (Black Hawk MC, #6)
  • Single Daddy Seduction (Hot Daddy, #4)
  • Vindicator (Braxtharian Warriors #1)
  • All the Teacher's Bad Boys (All the Teacher's Pets, #2)
  • Her Dirty Billionaires (Bad Boy Billionaires #3)
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy, #2)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Dirty Cop (Dirty Series #2)
  • Sweeter Than Chocolate
  • Regretting You
  • Breaker

Breaking (6 books)
  • Breaking the Rules (Breaking #1)
  • Changing the Game (Breaking #2)
  • Breaking The Sinner (Breaking #3)
  • My Little Secret (Breaking #3.5)
  • Breaking the Habit (Breaking #4)