Start by marking “Dark Deception” as Want to Read:
Dark Deception

Dark Deception

Who can you trust when the past won't let you go?

Kerensa and Leo are a happily marriedyoungcouple who live in Cornwall. Leo works part-time in London as an investment advisor to wealthy businessman, Paul Donaldson. The couple hope to start a family soon and life couldn’t be better.

But Leo has been stealing from Paul and Paul isn’t the sort of man you steal from.

When Leo

Published November 6th 2019 by Bloodhound Books

To ask other readers questions about Dark Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Deception

Start your review of Dark Deception
Linda Strong
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
Many thanks to the author / Bloodhound Books for the digital copy of DARK DECEPTION. Read and reviewed voluntarily, opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.

Leo and Kerensa have a good life. She owns a small store and Leo works part-time as an investment advisor to a well known wealthy businessman.

His boss is not exactly pure as the driven snow and now Leo is skimming money off the boss' take. And his boss is not the man that will tolerate anyone stealing from him.

When Leo learns
Yvonne
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, Mandy James! What a devious lady you are! This is a very deceptive book with a very devious storyline. You completely reeled me in with this tale and it was such an addictive read!

The synopsis does a great job of letting you know the basics of this story. The author then weaves a fabulous tale of deception, intrigue and mystery. What starts as a basic story about a married couple gradually turns into something far deeper, each chapter seems to add more intrigue and the suspense is slowly
Adele Shea
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!
I urge you to read this. Amanda James' best book to date. Huge five stars.
Lynn
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is anyone who they really say they are?

Leo and Kerensa have a lovely marriage, and now Leo is wanting to make some changes and do work from home: also they decide that the time is right to start a family.

Kerensa is so in love with Leo and her life is everything it could be: and knows a baby will complete them.
She is an artist, running a gift shop, where she makes things from reclaimed items she finds on the beach where they live in the beautiful county of cornwall.

Then one day everything
Diane Warburton
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an electrical first chapter! That was it then, no way was I going to put this book down as I was pulled in immediately. A dark and fascinating read, the book title is spot on!
Kerenser is a young woman with a talent for art and has opened up a small but profitable little business along the cornish coast selling crafts. With adoring husband Leo, who has been working hard and saving hard in his seemingly high paid job in London, life is good. But the time has come for Leo to spend more time
Paula Stammers
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
What a great psychological thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat all the way through !!

Leo is an accountant, working as an advisor to a wealthy business man in the city. Kerensa, his wife is at the family home in Cornwall enjoying working as an artist and longing for the days that Leo is at home. She wants to start a family but Leo is putting it off as he has other plans.

It turns out that Leo is building a little nest egg for their future by stealing from his boss, and he is
Glynis Meloy
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the great privilege of reading this book in advance of publication day. I was hooked from the start because as always with Amanda James' books you think you know what's coming but you don't! Apart from most of her books being based in Cornwall (which I love), once again this is completely different from anything else she has written. I am extra lucky because I regularly do the coastal walk between Treyarnon and Constantine so I see the beauty in reality. But if you don't know it I'm sure ...more
Katharine Johnson
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was transfixed by this taut, twisting tale with a heart-stopping ending. The novel opens with a horrific scene of violent punishment, showing what a ruthless character Paul Donaldson is so when we’re told Kerensa’s husband Leo has been stealing from him it’s clear the couple’s perfect life is threatened. With the addition of new characters the mystery surrounding Leo’s death deepens. Loved the dialogue and the narrator’s wry asides. I guessed Patrick’s secret but had no idea how the story ...more
Paul Andrew
Gripping unputdownable thriller
Once you begin this novel you can’t stop. You’re sucked into the nightmare world of Paul Donaldson's ruthless dealings with employees who cheat him. Leo and Kerensa are planning an ideal life in Cornwall with a baby on its way when Leo makes a fatal mistake of getting caught with his hands in the till and at the mercy and dark deceptions of ruthless men who are above the law. The novel is a roller coaster of high suspense, I could not stop reading!

With Amanda
Sandra Johnson
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping !!!

my goodness ,first couple of pages,total fear ,for my fingers and bolt cutters, Who's evil enough ? who can she trust, ? no one for sure. I don't like or trust Patrick , or Sally even,! but please don't let it be Wills, the lovely Australian ,surgeon , she can trust him,can't she? and Donaldson is he in Cornwall? watching and waiting some where? Amanda James ,you've done it again, 100% recommend, to all my friends,
Ellie Shepherd
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this, the characters, the storyline, the complex web which was weaved throughout it. I want to read more books by this author, I couldn't put this one down.
Holly Reynolds
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this book had me gripped right from the start, and it seemed that it wasn't letting go.

I read this in one sitting as I just couldn't put it down!

I found myself feeling sorry for Kerensa and I just had to keep reading, and hoping that she gained closure.

While I figured out some of the twists there were still some little surprises that had kept me guessing.

A thoroughly enjoyable read!
Bev
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very complex and twisted tale of revenge. A happy couple's world is turned inside out when the husband steals from his boss...a man that will not tolerate someone messing with his money! But at what price will he go to get his money back? The husband goes into hiding thinking he is saving his family, but that just causes more problems. Can this ship ever be righted again? You will need to read this book to find out what exactly happens and to whom. I would like to thank Bloodhound Books for ...more
Susan Hunter
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A tense psychological suspense set in Cornwall. This book had me gripped from the start so much so that I read it in one sitting. Karensa's husband Leo goes missing after it is discovered he had stolen money from his ruthless employer Paul Donaldson. As the plot unfurls it becomes apparent the danger Karensa could be in. I did think I knew who was who, sounds cryptic I know, but It certainly didn't spoil the book for me as I was so intrigued as to how it would all unravel. Heart pounding moments ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It is my first book by this author, I will be reading more from her for sure. This is a suspenseful, mystery book that left me sitting on the edge of my seat a few times. The twists and turns had me turning pages fast. The characters made the story engaging and realistic. I highly recommend this book, I don't regret picking it up and neither will you.
Valerie Galindo
Nov 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is by far the worst book I’ve ever read. It didn’t even deserve one star. In truth, it was so unbelievable, repetitive and boring that I skipped to the end to see if it redeemed itself. It didn’t. Don’t waste your time.
barbara
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
first time with this author and enjoyed the story line and was stunned by the ending shows karma is in play will def be reading more.
Nicki Southwell
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very exciting and well written
Sue Curran
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down, it has just the right level of chill factor, and the twists... wow!
Marion Wilson
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it loved it loved it Gripping to the end , Amanda is a great writer
Kathi Olsen
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This book is written with pretty simple language There are a couple of noticeable grammatical errors. I might have given this 4 stars, but did not like the ending
Nimrod S Buster

• Dying To Tell
  • The Midnight Wife
  • Killer Motive
  • Very Nearly Dead
  • The Woman Who Destroyed Christmas: A chilling and suspenseful psychological thriller
  • The Regret
  • Grace
  • When She Returned
  • The Other Daughter
  • The Good Neighbors
  • What I Did for Love
  • Living the Dream: Suspenseful & Shocking.
  • Murder Untimely (Kat and Mouse Mysteries #4)
  • Her Missing Child
  • Twelve Days
  • The Perfect Lie
  • A Simple Lie
Amanda James (aka Mandy) was born in Sheffield and now lives in Bristol with her husband and two cats. In her spare time, she enjoys gardening, singing, and spending lots of time with her grandson. She also admits to spending far too much time chatting on Twitter and Facebook! Amanda recently left her teaching role to follow her ambition to live her life doing what she most enjoys—writing.